Stock vs Anker 2200 vs Hyperion 4200 vs anker 4400 vs seido 3500

Search This thread

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
Def keep us updated! I just saw on their site that the extended battery is coming soon, can't wait! I bought one of their ext batteries for my original HTC Inc and that thing was a beast! It did add some hefty bulk to the phone but I didn't mind. Curious to see what the design will be for the S3. Hopefully nothing outrageous while keeping the beauty of the phone intact.

I had their battery on my SG2 with a mugen battery, the mugen repeatedly out do them on every test but not by much. I think the cover on their Sg2 is a lot better than mugen. For the price they are good.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

k3y0n4

Dec 28, 2007
Well done G1_enthusiast. Very scientific test. Much better then the standard, 'real world' subjective testing that is most prevalent on here.

I'd also really be curious about the MUGEN 2300mAh. Is it really 200mAh more?

Thanks again for the quality comparison.

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
Well done G1_enthusiast. Very scientific test. Much better then the standard, 'real world' subjective testing that is most prevalent on here.

I'd also really be curious about the MUGEN 2300mAh. Is it really 200mAh more?

Thanks again for the quality comparison.

that i dont know, although i do had MUGEN brand battery before and they do live up to their names, however the price tag is a little up there. if you the ANKER is more realistic in term of cost.

The big battery is a different story, i think they worth every penny. on my SG II it repeatedly out do the SEIDO by 20-30 min of bench time but you are paying 30 more so ;) its all about how much cash you wanna put out :)

Yungfu

Mar 1, 2011
so i take it the hyperion needs a different cover? can you take a pic pls, much appreciated

stapbeest

Oct 3, 2010
Can you test de polarcell 2400 mah battery no nfc unfortunely if you can get a free test battery thanks

Last edited:

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
Thanks! definitely gonna order the hyperion battery, even if i do lose my gwallet :(

apparently someone post a link with the new NFC hyperion one.

or you can wait till i test the NFC Seido battery, its going to be more expensive but they are american made battery if that means anything to you.

schwalbach

May 2, 2007
Hey guys,

What external battery charger are you guys using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
Update on Hyperion. Its close to a month and the battery is still going strong. Last night I had about 4 hours+ screen on Time and about 13 hours off charger...I know this is all relative but just want to give an update

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

flawedlegacy

Feb 8, 2010
StL MO -USA
wonder how the QCell stacks up side-by-side to Hyperion (both 4200mah and NFC)

what is the biggest battery without adding bulk? Car Dock, GameKlip, cases, etc all need the thin battery. Might buy extended for wife and take her stock battery as my backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    alrighty guys, i spent the whole day testing these batteries, if you find my post helpful please click the thanks button

first off this is a test to see how the battery does under max load, max setting and max capability condition. so before you say "O i can last 4 hours screen on time with my stock" well you dint test it like i did, my testing are as follow

-Brightness were on 100% the whole time
    -stability test were run at 1.78ghz clock
    -tune in radio were running and streaming 192kbp music
    -navigation were on
    -wifi were turned on but not use
    -bluetooth were on but not use
    -phone were put in the same spot throughout the test (signal vary from place to place so in order to eliminate that i put it at the exact same spot)
    -all batteries have been condition as per factory instruction.

CUdcsl.jpg

iPRQhl.jpg

p0SlSl.jpg

4a670d4a-c562-93ff.jpg

3e7tcl.jpg

0VHpEl.jpg

TqnMAl.jpg

h6k2sl.jpg

6bsKJl.jpg

CQqjNl.jpg

-result were very good, the anker does last longer than stock. Thanks laptopmate.us for providing me the battery to test, however i will not be using this since the Hyperion is more suited for my need

effective Mah: 2200-2300

____________________________________________________________________________
    Hyperion Battery

CuQdPl.jpg

O3TG2l.jpg

this thing is a beast, it could easily get another hour more than the stock (notice i stopped at 5%)

-effective Mah: ROUGHLY 2900-3000
    _____________________________________________________________________________

if anyone would like me to conduct testing on their battery please contact me via PM thanks.

ANKER 4400 VS HYPERION 4200 IS ON PAGE 7

ANKER 4400 VS seido 3500 IS ON PAGE 12
    Under benching
    Stock battery (control)
    80-90min

Seido (advertise 3500mah) 65 bucks
    120-130 min (3150-3410 effective Mah)

Anker battery (advertise 4400mah) 16 bucks
    150-160 min (4175-4400 effective Mah)

test are as follow
    Rom: AOKP Task 650 and Ktoonzes
    Kernel: Ktoonzes JB kernel OC to 2 GHZ

-Tune in were running the whole time to simulate data streaming
    -Stability test were running clocking at 2ghz
    -navigation were on
    -wifi were on but in discover mode
    -bluetooth were on but in discover mode
    -brightness set to 100%
    -phone placement are place at the same spot each time

**note I did not charge the anker, for some reason when the battery reaches 1% it few moment later it bump back up to 2% then work itself till battery drain.

**the Seido have a very very nice back case, props to them!

Please hit the thanks button if i have help you
    HYPERION 4200MAH (NON NFC) VS ANKER 4400 (NON NFC)

stock 105 min (control) 2100 mah
    Hyperion: 164 min advertise 4200mah tested: 3200-3300
    Anker: 185 min advertise 4400mah tested: 3700

-both weigh the same
    -anker is cheaper be about 7 bucks
    -no nfc
    very helpful. thanks!

i mentioned about the charger issue in the PM.

any external charger you would recommend?

seems like most of these 3rd party batts comes with a crappy charger that doesnt charge the batt to 100%.

i use the charger that came with my S3, sorry anker dint provide me one with an extra charger :(
    I have bought two ebay batteries

E_cell

Polarcell

They sell both in ebay, they had more than 100.000 votes and 99% and 100% positive ones..

They are both original size with no NFC, but at 12 and 15 euros...

I would like to test them like this ones to compare the same way... What should I do?

Can anyone send me a testing manual or something to share with you the results?

Thanks

1. turn display all the way to 100% (take off auto)
    2. OC to the max, using Performance governor
    3. have tuner radio run in the background with 192kbt streaming
    4. have stability test run in the back ground. (use classic test)
    5.turn on navigation and leave it in the fore ground (so screen doesnt turn off)
    6. bench the stock batteery then your battery.