Anyone NOT using a screen protector?

Search This thread

Brandon

Jul 27, 2012
Norman, OK
i never use screen protectors and never have any trouble. just be mindful about your phone and you're fine.

even though i've seen some pretty impressive scratch tests with these phones, i'm still babying mine. i don't put anything else in my pocket while carrying it, don't set stuff on the screen, etc, etc.

lived by these words with my HTC EVO for over 2 years and the screen on it was flawless with no protector ever installed.

Geordie Lad

Aug 16, 2012
Even if you leave the phone at home... make sure you clean your clothes you wore to the beach before sticking your phone in those pockets again. Having small amounts of sand in your pocket can be enough.

Yes I used to think Gorilla Glass was invulnerable until I took my i9000 to the beach and after I cleaned the screen later i saw the screen covered in micro scratches and in strong light it looked like a fog bank descended over the screen with all those little scratches distorting the light reflecting off it.

SAHARAT

Mar 10, 2011
I have never used a screen protector... But I do use a holster/Shell combo exclusively.....

Mushmaster

Oct 25, 2008
I haven't used one on my last three phones, this one included. They all end up with small scratches, but not having to deal with a screen protector is worth it to me. I've noticed that some scratches also fade with time... maybe because they're in the oleophobic barrier, not the glass.

I definitely wouldn't skimp on a protector if you're not comfortable with that tradeoff though. Handling your phone carefully will protect it from getting big scratches, but you'd have to be unrealistically gentle to protect it from tiny ones.

IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

pdubcramp

Oct 4, 2010
New York
To everyone that says "I had X phone for two years and never scratched it so I don't need one now", you're missing the mark because this phone has different glass. So what happened or didn't happen with your iPhone or Droid whatever has no bearing.

You guys are just willing to accept the risk for the improved usability. That's perfectly valid. Others want to preserve value or appearance and opt to use a protector. That's great too. Just be careful thinking these can't scratch even if you keep it in a separate pocket. That's simply not true.

You bought the phone, so use it however you enjoy it most. That's all that really matters, right? :beer:

Unalive3

Jul 18, 2012
To everyone that says "I had X phone for two years and never scratched it so I don't need one now", you're missing the mark because this phone has different glass. So what happened or didn't happen with your iPhone or Droid whatever has no bearing.

You guys are just willing to accept the risk for the improved usability. That's perfectly valid. Others want to preserve value or appearance and opt to use a protector. That's great too. Just be careful thinking these can't scratch even if you keep it in a separate pocket. That's simply not true.

You bought the phone, so use it however you enjoy it most. That's all that really matters, right? :beer:

Right on! Except I like the best of both worlds. Every time I've ever used screen protectors the bubbles end up looking 10x worse than if I had minor scratches, and I've never had a scratch deep enough on unprotected phones to where it has altered usability, I've decided on day 1 that I would not put a screen protector on my S3 because I'd be so ADD about it bubbling.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have NEVER ever used screen protectors on any of my devices... from Palm to iPad to Galaxy S2 and now, S3.

You should use it the way it's supposed to be used... it's like buying a Ferrari and covering it. :p
    I have NEVER ever used screen protectors on any of my devices... from Palm to iPad to Galaxy S2 and now, S3.

You should use it the way it's supposed to be used... it's like buying a Ferrari and covering it. :p

You do realize that people do this, right?

ferr1.jpg