WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery+Review & CBA Test Result

Search This thread

Iamtherealgijoe

Apr 18, 2013
HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE THE WHITE CASE AND BLACK CASE THAT COMES WITH THIS BATTERY

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR PEOPLE WITH THE WHITE CASE.. AS YOU KNOW OR IF YOU HAVENT GOT THE WHITE CASE YET.. IT TENDS TO GET DIRTY FAST AND EASY... I FOUND A WAY TO CLEAN IT... USE GOO GONE WORKS GREAT TO CLEAN IT AND DONT EFFECT THE CASE AT ALL...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: flawedlegacy

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE THE WHITE CASE AND BLACK CASE THAT COMES WITH THIS BATTERY

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR PEOPLE WITH THE WHITE CASE.. AS YOU KNOW OR IF YOU HAVENT GOT THE WHITE CASE YET.. IT TENDS TO GET DIRTY FAST AND EASY... I FOUND A WAY TO CLEAN IT... USE GOO GONE WORKS GREAT TO CLEAN IT AND DONT EFFECT THE CASE AT ALL...

Can goo gone be downloaded from goo manager?
:) :) :) :) :)

™Sent From My VZW 4G Galaxy S3 Powered By 7000 JigaWatts Of LemonJuice™

Reactions: Iamtherealgijoe

InfX

May 1, 2008
Just in case you all haven't noticed. The battery messes up the signal. But mostly for WiFi. Idk if data and WiFi are connected but you'll lose 2 bars at least for WiFi. I put my Hyperion battery back in and my WiFi bars are full from the exact distance.(I know my signal bars I look at it almost every time I turn the phone on)

I think its from that extra height of the battery where the camera is. And if you cup your hand on the top back of your phone. You will lose a bar. with any battery it will do it. Just zl does it without your hand. But battery life is amazing...

I've been reading through this thread, thinking to order this as a 'travel battery' and didn't even think about this. Thank you for this post! After reading it and looking at some pics, the reason for the signal drop is rather obvious.

FYI, if you look from the back/battery side, the cellular antenna is at the bottom, the WiFi/BT antenna is near the top left battery slot corner, the GPS antenna is on the top at the left, the NFC antenna is inside the battery and there is some extra antenna on the top right (not sure what's it's purpose). You can visually see the antennas locations, except for the NFC one they are a part of the rear plastic and are easily notable.

Looking at this image you can see the ZL battery completely covers the WiFi/BT antenna, shielding the signal!!!

Reactions: BuBbLeFIZzY

BuBbLeFIZzY

Jan 3, 2013
I dont think yall are testing it that much? If you have good signal your not going to notice the difference. But if you have a tv that you can stream a movie to. Test your range when its on, and when your using stock battery. It will start skipping with zl. But your not going to notice if your not doing the test to the fulliest. Everyone has different results. So if your signal is fine.:good: for you.And I dont find this battery to be useful because its too big. Carrying a spare would make my pockets more comfortable.

_Epic

Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I dont think yall are testing it that much? If you have good signal your not going to notice the difference. But if you have a tv that you can stream a movie to. Test your range when its on, and when your using stock battery. It will start skipping with zl. But your not going to notice if your not doing the test to the fulliest. Everyone has different results. So if your signal is fine.:good: for you.And I dont find this battery to be useful because its too big. Carrying a spare would make my pockets more comfortable.

Not testing it that much? I have a Jawbone that I use daily and the range is perfect like on stock. I can get a wifi signal even when I'm on the other side of the house. Did you expect a 7000mAh battery not to be big?

shenry1307

Aug 24, 2010
Wherever Evil Lurks!
Can goo gone be downloaded from goo manager?
:) :) :) :) :)

it seems like it's some cleansing agent.. liquid cleansing solution!

In the words of BOOKER T from the WWE "Tell me you just didn't say that?"

You guys really have Smooth senses of humor! LOL!

BuBbLeFIZzY

Jan 3, 2013
Not testing it that much? I have a Jawbone that I use daily and the range is perfect like on stock. I can get a wifi signal even when I'm on the other side of the house. Did you expect a 7000mAh battery not to be big?

I assume you're talking about speakers. Not streaming a movie to a tv. Which require more data to be sent. And i do recall saying some might not experiance this signal issue. So dont cry about it because im giving my review about it. And this is a review thread. I can give my 2 cents. Yes I know its big. Im describing the thickness of it when I say I rather carry a spare(for the people that asks about it before they make there decision to purchase).
THIS IS A REVIEW THREAD quit pointing something I already pointed out. You can sit here and prove me wrong. But you did not read what I said after. Which is the signal issue doesnt effect everyone out there.

_Epic

Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I assume you're talking about speakers. Not streaming a movie to a tv. Which require more data to be sent. And i do recall saying some might not experiance this signal issue. So dont cry about it because im giving my review about it. And this is a review thread. I can give my 2 cents. Yes I know its big. Im describing the thickness of it when I say I rather carry a spare(for the people that asks about it before they make there decision to purchase).
THIS IS A REVIEW THREAD quit pointing something I already pointed out. You can sit here and prove me wrong. But you did not read what I said after. Which is the signal issue doesnt effect everyone out there.

*facepalm*

Leshy1991

Nov 8, 2010
INDIA
I have finally got my 0lemon battery 4 days back!!! I m from india so I had to get it via friends from US. I charged it for 12 hours as per instructions! Now It's my time to show up my battery stats and I want some feedbacks.. I feel battery's doing good! It gave me 30 mins+ back up when it was 3% to 2% on screen.
Attaching some pics.. I found it cool.. Yeah phone becomes heavy and a little big but I am ok with it.. People with small hands.. DON'T GO FOR IT!

:highfive:

Hi nice to see you bought the Zero lemon mine is on the way, on stock battery i get the screen on time of usually 2 hours at the max :( actually the battery will perform to its full potential only after 5 discharges,Do post the stats after 5 discharges. also which rom and kernel are you running

Last edited:

emptyragnarok

Jan 8, 2012
mumbai
Hi nice to see you bought the Zero lemon mine is on the way, on stock battery i get the screen on time of usually 2 hours at the max :( actually the battery will perform to its full potential only after 5 discharges,Do post the stats after 5 discharges. also which rom and kernel are you running

Yes bro. Right now It's gonna take another extra cycle ;) I switched to supernexus... let's see.

gemstocks

May 25, 2009
The case is a little loose, however after I put a credit card and my driver license, it fits perfectly, it's easy to take out my credit card when needed, now I don't need to carry the wallet in the pocket :)

So just want to share this tip for whose who needs to carry a wallet and phone in your pockets all the time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery+Review & CBA Test Result

Hello, seems like there's a better battery out there claiming to be the world's largest Galaxy S3 battery

ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKZWGAC

Can anyone confirm this battery result? Seems like the battery is physically larger according to the pictures too making it seem plausible for larger capacity. Also a TPU case too. Does it have 3x the power as they claim?

If this works as they claim, it seems they are going to wipe the floor with those QCell, hyperion, mugen, anker solutions

UPDATE Feb 28th: Spoke with Joey at ZeroLemon and they are phasing out the 6300mAh. Now they only have the7000mAh available. The 7000mAh battery is confirmed to be 1mm thicker than the 6300mAh to facilitate the extra 700mAh. Just got one at 31.99 (still best mAh / $ battery out there ) and will post some results after a week use

7000mAh Black:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKZWGAC

7000mAh White:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A533DWO

41Ho50YUPuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31o5Z5NHVmL._AA300_.jpg

JAN 21 UDPATE: I'm posting my review here which is same as post #16

Just took a shot and got and can give some brief insight between this and the hyperion i got.

DIMENSION COMPARISON

ZeroLemon with included TPU case:
    Length: 13.9cm
    Width: 7.3cm
    Thickness: 1.6cm

Hyperion with hyperion case purchased seperately:
    Length: 13.9cm
    Width: 7.4cm
    Thickness: 1.8cm

This is pretty much a huge battery with an Extended TPU case that Hyperion and Qcell sell on the side for extra 6-8 bucks. The way they acheive larger capacity i'm assuming is that they take full use of the back of the phone physical dimension (in areas such as where microsd is, the battery overlaps it). That's very unique approach that I have not seen another one else has done so far. Since the case covers the battery anayways, you will not notice these throughout regualr day use.

THICKNESS
    There is no back hard back plastic cover like the Hyperion one as the extended case does the job in securing the battery in place. A thing to emphasize is that the thickness is literally the same as the Hyperion battery + the extended case or even slightly thinner as there is no hard plastic cover to add the extra thickness. In fact, how they hold the battery is by using the tpu case edges to secure the battery which is quite ingenious. I tend to have problems with those hard plastic covers used by hyperion because it doesn't secure properly and dust goes into the gap. With this zerolemon battery, the problem doesn't exist since there is no such gap.

WEIGHT
    Being a bigger battery, you can feel it is slightly heavier by approximately 20g. It's not really noticeable to me because the hyperion battery + TPU case is at most 10 g less than this battery (since the hard cover in the hyperion is 10-15g alone I think) The weight of the phone obviously is heavier than original battery but only around less than 10% heavier than hyperion + tpu case for at least 33% more battery life. If you carry this in a bag, this is very good.

PEFORMANCE
    For performance I cannot assess yet as i just got this, but it's been a day and I only got through 70% so far. very impressive since usually 1 day on hyperion for me is 30-40%. I'll give a more detail assessment once I get more use on this.

INITIAL CONCLUSION: TO BE UPDATED ONCE I GET A WEEK USE
    It's around 35 bucks for this zerolemon battery right now and I seriously think it's worth it over the hyperion battery. I got the hyperion battery for 26 dollars + the soft extended case for 6 dollars (Total of 32 dollars). It's only essentially 4 bucks more for an increase of 2100mah capacity.
    UPDATE: Just saw it at 23.99 USD! Even cheaper than Hyperion's

Just working out to be:
    ZeroLemon - 180mAh per dollar -> at 25 USD, this is 252mAh per dollars which is almost DOUBLE hyperion's capacity per dollar value!
    Hyperion + soft case - 131.25 mAh per dollar

Just capacity per dollar this also better value than hyperion's.

UPDATE JAN 21st - After Lake Tahoe snowboard trip with very heavy use of GPS

just confirmed this is truly the monster I've been looking for!

I got ready for my weekend snowboard trip at Lake Tahoe from San Francisco.

Friday
    Unplug my phone at 5pm
    At 7pm drive up to Tahoe City for 4 and a half hours with medium brightness and GPS on the whole time. (made a quick pitstop at walmart )
    Reached Tahoe City at 11:45. Phone is at 70%
    Didn't not charge at all overnight

Saturday
    Went to snowboarding with GPS on again to Alpine Meadows which is 20 mins away
    Went snowboarding all day while listening to music. Reception on top of mountain is a bit weak so may have worked the battery a bit. took lunch break and whatsapp some friends.
    Turned on my wifi and start browing internet for a bit in hotel. Forgot to turn it off in between
    Did not charge overnight

Sunday
    Went to snowboarding with GPS on heading towards Squaw Valley
    took a longer break this time and start browsing anandtech and theverge.com for around 30 mins
    Headed back to San Francisco which takes another 4 and a half hour with medium brightness and gps on. (made a quick stop for dinner in between)
    Did not charge at all overnight

Monday
    Return my rental car and used GPS again at medium brightness.

FINAL RESULT

-Battery finally finished by 12pm with 2d 16h 32m total use
    - 13h 33m screen time on the battery at medium brightness (I set it back to medium brightness even when the battery is at critical level)
    - GPS on for 10h and 36m

Screenshot_2013-01-21-10-52-53_zps3eaf8515.png

Screenshot_2013-01-21-10-52-55_zps2ea2aeec.png

Screenshot_2013-01-21-10-53-00_zps47c3d87d.png

Screenshot_2013-01-21-10-53-05_zps62d2844d.png

All this and not a single charge during the weekend. This is the weekend warrior battery I've been looking for. Hyperion does ok but dies usually by Sunday morning.

One interesting thing to note is that when the battery is at 3%, it will stay there for relatively longer than usual. I'm guessing it's the phone's OS not able to calculate the battery percentage correctly being so big of an battery.

This battery seems to do even better than at 6300mAh capacity. I threw this battery in my CBA tester tonight to check the exact capacity and post some results once it's done

UPDATE on CBA test:

The battery is rated at 6510mAh and below is the graph. Very good stuff

6300_zps84c54deb.jpg

GPS use update:
    21 hours GPS with 20% brightness! This is BOSS!
    Screenshot_2013-03-14-23-57-33_zps2ec3877a.png

Screenshot_2013-03-14-23-57-44_zps053e6615.png

Screenshot_2013-03-14-23-57-36_zpsa540cefc.png

OTTERBOX MOD (Thanks Liptus!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2188013
    It also comes with included 2 month workout program to be able to lift your phone.
    That thing is too big! Brings a whole new meaning to "bricking your phone"... :laugh:
    It looks like the 7000mAh battery does indeed have additional capacity. I will get some battery dimensions and weights this evening.

The battery arrived at 3.898V which is about half charge. It took 3000+mAh to full capacity at a charge rate of 800mA. After a 5 minute pause, it placed a 500mA load on the battery. Last night the logging program on the laptop crashed so I had to restart it. It picks up the current data from the analyzer so the only data that is missing is the per-second trend statistics.

The 7000mAh battery tested from 4.30V to 3.00V @500mA to have a capacity of 7531mAh. I'm sure I can finish up the battery at a lower drain for another 100mAh, like the 6300 did. This is exactly 700Ah higher than the 6300mAh battery.

6300mAh = 6900-7000mAh actual
    7000mAh = 7600-7700mAh actual

10% more capacity for 28% higher price.

Edit:
    Another 99mAh was in the battery with a finishing discharge rate of 100mA.

The 6300 and 7000mAh batteries both weigh 4.4oz. They also both have the same 11.5mm total thickness. The other dimensions are also the same EXCEPT it appears the 6300mAh has a thicker plate on the wider area - the layer that has of two cells. On this part of the battery, the 7000mAh battery is 5.5mm thick while the older 6300mAh battery is 6mm thick. There are also some minor differences in the edge's curve at the "top" of the battery. My 7000mAh one came with what looks like a crease in the middle plate, but it won't harm anything. The cases are identical, but I have a case that came with a 6300 model a couple weeks ago. Older ones sound like they have fitment issues.
    Re: WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 6300mAh Battery w/Review- add CBA re