[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 [BETA][16.04.2020] for i9305

Search This thread

MagusCoD

Sep 8, 2017
Depending on from which rom you are coming, it could be better to flash an other custom rom first. You can try RR or cm14 and test whether this is working. And if yes, that follow the steps in op for a new and clean installation. It can also depend on the recovery you are using.

I was using RR 5.8.5 when install this one. But the problem now is that I cant even start the RR rom, I got stuck at loading logo too. I tried with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and 3.2.3.0. Only the stock rom is working now.

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
I was using RR 5.8.5 when install this one. But the problem now is that I cant even start the RR rom, I got stuck at loading logo too. I tried with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and 3.2.3.0. Only the stock rom is working now.

Please check Oswalds post here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80176165&postcount=1479
and try this link which refers to flash RR-N-v5.8.3-20170716-i9305-Official first.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79837415&postcount=7650
And I guess you are asking now for the link? ;)
So you can find it here: https://archive.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=older/i9305

Last edited:

ximia

Jan 17, 2020
I could install all your mentioned apps via google play store. It last a bit, the download is not fast, but worked on my end. Amazon is crashing on my side too, the others not, but I haven't tested them much, because I don't have accounts or ids for for example photoshop express or want to create or share my phone number or personal details.

Thankfully I could downloaded 20200121 version. I'll reinstall from clean and check each phenomena with care. Fortunately, as I have my adobe id, instagram account, I can test in detail. Anyway thanks a lot for your efforts :good:

Reactions: rodman01

MagusCoD

Sep 8, 2017
Depending on from which rom you are coming, it could be better to flash an other custom rom first. You can try RR or cm14 and test whether this is working. And if yes, that follow the steps in op for a new and clean installation. It can also depend on the recovery you are using.

Please check Oswalds post here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80176165&postcount=1479
and try this link which refers to flash RR-N-v5.8.3-20170716-i9305-Official first.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79837415&postcount=7650
And I guess you are asking now for the link? ;)
So you can find it here: https://archive.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=older/i9305

Thanks! With your help I was able to install following this order: Install Stock Rom with ODIN > Install RR 5.8.3 via TWRP > Install RR5.8.5 via TWRP > Install LOS 16 via TWRP.
But the problem now is: When I install the gapps, my phone simply restart after few minutes on LOS loading logo. The restart goes directly to TWRP.
Any tips for this problem? Thanks again!

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Thanks! With your help I was able to install following this order: Install Stock Rom with ODIN > Install RR 5.8.3 via TWRP > Install RR5.8.5 via TWRP > Install LOS 16 via TWRP.
But the problem now is: When I install the gapps, my phone simply restart after few minutes on LOS loading logo. The restart goes directly to TWRP.
Any tips for this problem? Thanks again!

Which gapps are you using? I heard yesterday, that the newest versions will have or cause some problems.
So maybe the solution is simple and use pico gapps from last week or earlier...

Otherwise but I doubt that this would help:
I assume that you have done a factory reset and formatted the partitions except internal and externel sd card.
Which twrp are you using? Have you tried the one I am using? If not than please
refer again to one of Oswalds post (and btw: the thanks button is his and our best friend ;)) and don't use any higher version than 3.0.2-1
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81522193&postcount=3

Last edited:

MagusCoD

Sep 8, 2017
Which gapps are you using? I heard yesterday, that the newest versions will have or cause some problems.

I assume that you have done a factory reset and formatted the partitions except internal and externel sd card.
refer again to one of Oswalds post (and btw: the thanks button is his and our best friend ;)) and don't use any higher version than 3.0.2-1

Hello rodman01. Ive done everything you said. Yes, Im using the TWRP you said in this topic(TWRP_2.8.7.0_alpha17_by-SdtBarbarossa_i9305.zip). I tried every Gapps, but the first one was Pico since its one you said its working fine(Pico Gapps are working, Youtube and Google Films are well). The version Gapps date is 20200122. Ill try with 1 or 2 weaks old and ill tell if it works. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

Its working now! Ive downloaded an old Gapps build like you said and it work! This is the one I used: open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20200114
Thank you rodman01!

ximia

Jan 17, 2020

I stacked by opengapps 20200124 and used confortablely by opengapps 20200115.
I also tried the installation. Sometimes I faced an install error, but the 3 apps I noticed were finally installed from the Play Store.

Last edited:

ximia

Jan 17, 2020
I'm further testing...

- Instagram is almost fine, except a page to pickup photo(s) for sharing.
- Photoshop Express is also almost fine, except manipulating a picture sometimes goes down or becomes black.
- Thankfully Gboard (I have to type words in Japanese) works very fine! :good:
- Keepass2Android Offline also is working normally.
- Twitter and its client app, which is named tweecha popular in Japan also work very well.

I'll test Viber, Signal, LINE, Google Drive and Sheet later.

My feeling is;
Dealing with text is perfect, and attaching a picture over internet is also fine.
For now, authentication has no problem, too. OAuth is to be tested.
Handling pictures has a little problem.
Totally, the quality is much better than the first beta release. :)

If I found some problems or tested several apps, I''ll up a comment here again.

Thanks! ;)

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Cool and many thanks for your report, the tests and the effort you had. :good:
I appreciate it and all the others too. In total we have approx 100 downloads parted to the 3 versions uploaded. So its not too bad till now :).

ximia

Jan 17, 2020
Cool and many thanks for your report, the tests and the effort you had. :good:
I appreciate it and all the others too. In total we have approx 100 downloads parted to the 3 versions uploaded. So its not too bad till now :).

I highly appreciate your development, too!

Additional apps - Pocket, Microsoft Launcher, OneCalendar, weawow, Dropbox, Hangout - also work fine.
Signal seems to be work well but I have't sent/received a message, so I'll try to test more.

Pocket's login is using Firefox Account, this authntication is also no problem.

Weather widgets which can be placed by weawow app, is working as expected,
and GPS(with WiFi detection) is accurate to display the weather around my home!

Everything is quite stable and I am now satisfied to be able to use this rom with ease! :laugh:

labello29

Aug 7, 2014
italia
hello everyone after a long time I turned my galaxy s3 lte back on .. I knew that sooner or later he would have risen precisely to thank the developer for his work and his time I wanted to test today are five days of use the rom behaves very well it is not very fluid as I generally expected the lineageos and very fast. maybe it is because I installed magisk and edxposed module to be able to use greenify .. having said that I noticed a couple of camera settings problems it gives me an error, at every start or restart says restarting unrecognized sim, slow wifi sometimes drops connection, facebook closes and I have to reopen as a start not bad for being a beta, I hope that the problems will be solved and that maybe you can customize it with additional changes like your previous roms on a nougat basis thanks rodman01

Attachments

• 20200131_101947.jpg
    20200131_101947.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_20200131-101447_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-101447_Trebuchet.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20200131-102000_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-102000_Trebuchet.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 226

Captain Kangaroo

Aug 4, 2018
Paris
Long time left since I used my S3, but jump on this new build. Dam !!!! that's awesome !!! @rodman01 and all contributors you're the legend of our S3 ???
Full wiped and flashed build with TWP 3.0.2.1 then rooted and pico Gapps. Animation are fluid for such technology. Sim not tested; so far so good ?

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Many thanks to @rodman01 and team.

Can anyone confirm whether this build will work with the i9300T Galaxy SIII which is the Australian variant for i9300?

Thanks in advance
This ROM is not for any i9300 but the i9305 (S3 LTE) as stated in OP and thread title.

Reactions: pmduper

rulez9002

Dec 30, 2019
Is anyone elses snapchat, tik tok keeps on crashing when i enter the app. App that play videos dont work (app works but the videos dont load and then app crashes).

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
new build is up: 20200212 security patch feb included

Hi all,
new update is uploaded and available. Its based on yesterdays leos sources, security patches 05.02 are included.
Beside thie:
- cam is changed from gcam to snap: advanced settings are no more crashing
- livedisplay is working
- with gps status I am getting the first fix within a minute, nexts are much faster

So download and have fun :)

lineage-16.0-20200212-UNOFFICIAL-rodman01_i9305.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261722490

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an unofficial Pie build for the S3 LTE (i9305) based on LineageOS 16.0.

!! Please note that all thanks and credits go to @ChronoMonochrome because he ported the necessary changes to t0lte and got Pie to work for that device, especially the kernel thingis!!

And below is a quote from his release, where he mentioned in his t0lte thread all the involved devs and credited to all the people helped to get pie running for our "old" devices.

This work is heavily based on works of PoisonNinja, Option58 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1).
    A full credit for Pie bringup goes to rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 16.0).

Working
    • Graphics
    • Wifi
    • Data (LTE is not supported currently)
    • RIL
    • Bluetooth (needs more testing, receiving files is working, sending I am not sure, also device name needs a change)
    • Sensors (needs more testing, proximity sensor works, others not sure whether it work)
    • Vibration
    • Camera (advanced settings not working switched to snap cam and its working now)
    • Audio
    • LED Notification, color and brightness settings
    • Pico Gapps are working, Youtube and Google Films are well
    • livedisplay
    • etc

Not tested, needs testing
    • Call recording, call forwarding and else
    • NFC (needs more testing, not sure whether it work)
    • GPS (got a fix with gps status, first fix lasts a minute, nexts are much faster) currently getting worse, have no fixes 14/03/20

Bugs
    • feel free to report them, will try to find a solution, but no promise :)

Download:

Installation:
    1. I am using an older TWRP, which is working fine: TWRP_2.8.7.0_alpha17_by-SdtBarbarossa_i9305.zip
    2. Download the latest build and copy it to the phone
    3. Factory reset in TWRP (Very important! Do not skip)
    4. Wipe cache, Data, System and Dalvik in TWRP advanced (Very important! Do not skip)
    5. Flash LineageOS 16.0
    6. Optional: Flash gapps and root package
    7. Reboot
    8. Be patient. The first boot will take between 5 - 15 minutes.
    9. Enjoy and have fun :)

Credits:

Source code: LOS 16.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung S3 LTE (i9305)

Contributors
    rodman01, ChronoMonochrome, rINanDO, Option58, PoisonNinja, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP_2.8.7.0_alpha17 or newer

Version Information

Created 2020-01-15
    Last Updated 2020-04-16
    small update

Hi There,
    gapps pico are working, but graphical glitches are occurring in youtube app, youtube browser is working fine, google films is working fine.
    Bluetooth sending and receiving is working, device name is still wrong, shows still Galaxy Note 2, which does not matter and can be changed in settings manually.

Download
    lineage-16.0-20200118-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_rodman01.zip https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261704972
    reserved

maybe another one needed? :confused:
    new build is up: 20200314 security patch march included

Hi all,
    new update, with latest leos changes and march security patches, is done and available.
    Additionally the key mapping fix is included. Other device and kernel changes are not made.
    GPS is at my side worse now, don't know why and what caused this.
    Anyways: for me I am getting several satellites, but no fix with gps status.

Download:
    lineage-16.0-20200314-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_rodman01.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261745101
    new build is up: 20200212 security patch feb included

Hi all,
    new update is uploaded and available. Its based on yesterdays leos sources, security patches 05.02 are included.
    Beside thie:
    - cam is changed from gcam to snap: advanced settings are no more crashing
    - livedisplay is working
    - with gps status I am getting the first fix within a minute, nexts are much faster

So download and have fun :)

lineage-16.0-20200212-UNOFFICIAL-rodman01_i9305.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261722490