Hong Kong
Last edited:

Acesi7

Oct 4, 2011
Melbourne
4 Way extended power menu feature for the S3 LTE I9305

attachment.php

http://www.mediafire.com/?62xj1zs7wwrdoy6

Thanks for this kazuni, will definitely flash this one. Very handy.

Are you using a custom launcher? Or have you also worked out how to change the JB Dock?

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
I wonder how hard it would be to change to the words on the extended power menu from Omega Rom to >> Extended Reboot Menu I actually tried to do it myself but i must of done something wrong it just locked up on the bootlogo samsung, So i flashed this one back again.

Hmmm I guess I need much more knowledge on the android framework and system

txr33

Jan 17, 2011
QLD
I wonder how hard it would be to change to the words on the extended power menu from Omega Rom to >> Extended Reboot Menu I actually tried to do it myself but i must of done something wrong it just locked up on the bootlogo samsung, So i flashed this one back again.

If its ok with kazuni I have attached the android.policy.jar with the omega rom text changed over to reboot options. It is not in a flashable zip sorry so would need to be copied into system/framework.

Attachments

• android.policy.jar
    327.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: btemtd

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
If its ok with kazuni I have attached the android.policy.jar with the omega rom text changed over to reboot options. It is not in a flashable zip sorry so would need to be copied into system/framework.

Thats exaclty what I did but Maybe there is a special way of compiling back together again, I used Winrar and add the files back into the archive, I mean it looked exactly like the original zip so I dont understand why it didnt work, Is there a special way of re-compiling the zip file Kazuni?

Its good for me to know so I know for future reference

Last edited:

txr33

Jan 17, 2011
QLD
Thats exaclty what I did but Maybe there is a special way of compiling back together again, I used Winrar and add the files back into the archive, I mean it looked exactly like the original zip so I dont understand why it didnt work, Is there a special way of re-compiling the zip file Kazuni?

Its good for me to know so I know for future reference

Did you decompile the android.policy.jar and then recompile it. I use apktool to decompile and compile apks and jars

singlecell83

Sep 12, 2012
reason being that it is an odexed rom. please remove android.policy.odex from system to make it work

I did install the deodexed version. I also cant find that file in the system folder. Asuming thats what you meant.

EDIT: found it in system/framework. But once i removed it my phone went into a boot loop.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Last edited:

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly

Thanks txr33, i will update the post!

so just like that edit it and distribute it and not even a simple credit to the dev of omega rom who actually made the mod? :eek:

Last edited:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Did you decompile the android.policy.jar and then recompile it. I use apktool to decompile and compile apks and jars

ahhhhh i see , i thought winrar would be able to do it... thanks for letting me know.

And ^^^^ I am sure OP just forgot to say thanks, Kazuni is a good guy :)

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
so just like that edit it and distribute it and not even a simple credit to the dev of omega rom who actually made the mod? :eek:

I have already gave credit before, just removed by accident. Also, I've asked indie's permission on this matter. My apologies for removing it by accident. FYI, I had credited the proper person/entity to which the credit should have been.

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Perhaps a silly question but does this sit on top of the normal power menu (Phone Options) with "Power Off, Data network mode, Flight mode, Restart, Mute, Vibrate, Sound" options, does it add an option or does it replace the original menu? Would it be possible to post some screen shots of exactly how it integrates please?

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Perhaps a silly question but does this sit on top of the normal power menu (Phone Options) with "Power Off, Data network mode, Flight mode, Restart, Mute, Vibrate, Sound" options, does it add an option or does it replace the original menu? Would it be possible to post some screen shots of exactly how it integrates please?

When you press the power button and then click on restart, it opens up another seperate menu with Reboot - Hot Boot - Download - Recovery

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
When you press the power button and then click on restart, it opens up another seperate menu with Reboot - Hot Boot - Download - Recovery

Great THANKS!

Grabbing it now! :)

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

@Kazuni, Thanks for porting this over.

One thought; would it not be best to have it named "Restart Options" as it sits beneath the Restart Menu option? Just a thought to keep things consistent.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4 Way extended power menu feature for the S3 LTE I9305

Your rom needs to be zipaligned/deodexed.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923387

http://www.mediafire.com/?ncjy7yvbcq1gyh4

update: the reboot title is properly renamed to "Reboot Options", courtesy of txr33

Also, credits to Omega ROM where I pulled the jar file in order for this to work right.
    Installed and working on Australian 9305t, thanks.
    Intially my Rom was not zipaligned/deodexed.
    Tested working on Telstra SIII 4G