FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [CM12.0] Boeffla 3.0-alpha10 - 21.03.2015

1,338 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
By Hbohd, Senior Member on 24th September 2013, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2013, 12:25 PM |#11  
Hbohd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy88

After installed the Boeffla-Config and connected the phone to PC, only the external card can be read. The internal phone card cannot be recognized.


I will check that as soon as I get home

Anyone with same problem?

**EDIT**
So I have news about your problem. Firstly my PC didn't show anything when I connected my phone so I thought that I have this problem too. But then I rebooted to recovery (wanted to flash the newest Carbon because recent nightlies have bug with 'active display' feature), wiped dalvik cache and then it worked and my sdcard is accessible through PC.

Therefore, it is not kernel related problem, or at least not unsolvable one

I hope that you will manage to succeed in it too.

**EDIT 2**
Are you using UMS mode available in Boeffla Config app?
25th September 2013, 11:06 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 634
 
More
What is UMS mode?

Also could anyone provide some more information about Mattiadj system tweaks? I have searched for a while now, and found some stuff, mods he did, but nothing about which tweaks/settings see included with the Boeffla kernel/app.

I see also that there are no more init.d scripts, and configuration is partly saved in SQL Lite database, but couldn't find anything about what I asked.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
26th September 2013, 12:02 AM |#13  
Hbohd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy

What is UMS mode?

Also could anyone provide some more information about Mattiadj system tweaks? I have searched for a while now, and found some stuff, mods he did, but nothing about which tweaks/settings see included with the Boeffla kernel/app.

I see also that there are no more init.d scripts, and configuration is partly saved in SQL Lite database, but couldn't find anything about what I asked.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4


Look at main tab in Boeffla Config. There is UMS mode tickbox at the top.
When it is ticked, your external sdcard will work just as a pendrive when you connect your phone to the PC But then, internal sdcard isn't accessible.


And yes, you are right. Obsolete init.d scripts were removed, now whole configuration is inside one file
26th September 2013, 02:39 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 634
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbohd

Look at main tab in Boeffla Config. There is UMS mode tickbox at the top.
When it is ticked, your external sdcard will work just as a pendrive when you connect your phone to the PC But then, internal sdcard isn't accessible.


And yes, you are right. Obsolete init.d scripts were removed, now whole configuration is inside one file

I found that file, but wasn't able to do much with it, since it is a binary.

So you know no details about Mattiadj tweaks?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
27th September 2013, 07:37 AM |#15  
Hbohd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy

I found that file, but wasn't able to do much with it, since it is a binary.

So you know no details about Mattiadj tweaks?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4


So you were looking for configuration file to find out what these mattiadj tweaks consist of? Take a loot at my guthub then, there is ramdisk_boeffla/res/bccontroller.sh and there you might find whole configuration...

There are matiadj tweaks cut out from bccontroller:
Quote:

if [ "Mattiadj tweaks" == "$2" ]; then
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo "100" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
echo "8192" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/page-cluster
echo "70" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
fi

The Following User Says Thank You to Hbohd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hbohd Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 08:51 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 634
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbohd

So you were looking for configuration file to find out what these mattiadj tweaks consist of? Take a loot at my guthub then, there is ramdisk_boeffla/res/bccontroller.sh and there you might find whole configuration...

There are matiadj tweaks cut out from bccontroller:

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
27th September 2013, 04:54 PM |#17  
gaspariperez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Is this a fairly "stable"-beta or a "randomrebootsallthetime"-beta? haha
27th September 2013, 06:54 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
As far as i'm concerned it hasn't had a random reboot since i started using it 2 days ago.
So i guess it's a fairly "stable" beta
The Following User Says Thank You to firenxe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift firenxe Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 10:45 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Oh my god, I cant believe how much smoother this kernel makes my phone. Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to jackpf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackpf Ad-Free
28th September 2013, 12:38 AM |#20  
Hbohd's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillEmAllx

Is this a fairly "stable"-beta or a "randomrebootsallthetime"-beta? haha

As firenxe said, it is completely stable, however I called it beta and asked for your bug reports because it was first release of Boeffla Kernel for CM

Moreover, I've tested it for whole evening by my normal usage, without noticing any bugs. But, I am not able to test whole device on my own, therefore reports and comments are always welcome





Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpf

Oh my god, I cant believe how much smoother this kernel makes my phone. Great work!

Such words are always nice to read! Do not forget about the great amount of features this kernel provides
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hbohd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hbohd Ad-Free
28th September 2013, 01:16 AM |#21  
FAdrums's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 908
 
More
Hahaha @Hbohd you did it again. Going to try this on Carbon asap. Thanks

Enviado do meu GT-I9305 utilizando Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to FAdrums For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FAdrums Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boeffa, cm10.2, cyanogenmod, kernel, ported

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes