[ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

Search This thread

Starwalker

Aug 20, 2006
Very strange. Swedish is working like a charm. Anyone else can confirm that the German language pack is broken/parts of it missing/FCing?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Two other German user described the same problem with Android keyboard (see posts 25, 26).

After a while playing around with this rom, I have only found three bugs:

-Android Keyboard with German language force closes
-Bluetooth Audio with headset is very bad with disruptions (the same problem as in the CM10.1 version from codeworkx)
-The performance tab in settings seems not working correct. I can´t change the CPU frequency (the same problem as in the CM10.1 version from codeworkx)

Good night and thanks for this great rom

Lars

Last edited:

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
4g not working for i9305N...

Same problem on CM10.1, what modem are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Here is a link to the CMFileManager.apk (just grabbed it off the I9305 CM then) as your link is broken:
http://db.tt/HnYgJrDc
INSTALL (via adb shell or terminal): su
sysrw
cp /storage/emulated/legacy/Download/CMFileManager.apk /system/app OR adb push %CMFileManager.apk_Location% /system/app
chmod 0644 /system/app/CMFileManager.apk
sysro
sync
reboot

Last edited:

clax6

Jun 13, 2011
Just to let you know I was having settings ui fc when I was trying to set up SwiftKey.
The fix is to go into settings and select SwiftKey from there then you can continue with the setup

Reactions: jake

quail

Dec 2, 2010
SA
screenshots

any screenshots of the rom in action?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Less bugs, more support.

umm while that maybe true (slight understatement?), it still seems to have the same bugs as the CM 10.1 rom by codeworkx.
So what are the user difference between the roms?

Last edited:

jake

Sep 29, 2011
Two other German user described the same problem with Android keyboard (see posts 25, 26).

-Bluetooth Audio with headset is very bad with disruptions (the same problem as in the CM10.1 version from codeworkx)
-The performance tab in settings seems not working correct. I can´t change the CPU frequency (the same problem as in the CM10.1 version from codeworkx)

Lars

The performance tab is entirely issue free on my device. If you could sir, please send a logcat of the incident to ronaldramsayii@gmail.com. "No logs, never happened" - some guy (lol)

:)

Innis

Dec 30, 2012
Does this ROM have Chinese localization? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda-developers app

abbaskip

Oct 6, 2010
I assume this ROM also has no 64GB sd support (think mine is formatted FAT32, as that's default). Don't want to back my memory card up, and reformat it.

sebbe312

Nov 3, 2012
Sv: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

Well as there's no active liquidsmooth thread in the i9300 section, I'll drop my thanks for the new release here. Downloaded from goo manager, no issues so far. Will the thread be renewed/reopened?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Liquidsmooth for i9300 will be released soon

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Lars

The kernel doesnt support underclocking.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Just to let you know I was having settings ui fc when I was trying to set up SwiftKey.
The fix is to go into settings and select SwiftKey from there then you can continue with the setup

Strange, it worked for me.

I can also confirm that the camera works. With and without flash aswell as recording.

Last edited:

clax6

Jun 13, 2011
I'm having camera issues with the flash on

jjpro45

Jan 18, 2013
Nuremberg
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
AW: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

I've flashed it and installed with titanium backup only my apps (not system apps) and everything went fine. Then I decided to reboot my phone and then it booted ok but the home button stopped working and I lost every single configuration that I did in settings.

Guess I'll wait for future revisions.

Nice Rom :)

sebbe312

Nov 3, 2012
Sv: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth Roms GT-i9305

I've flashed it and installed with titanium backup only my apps (not system apps) and everything went fine. Then I decided to reboot my phone and then it booted ok but the home button stopped working and I lost every single configuration that I did in settings.

Guess I'll wait for future revisions.

Nice Rom :)

You've done something wrong. Everything works for me and Amplified.

Reactions: cancerfour69

ebenezer57

Feb 16, 2013
Singapore
A BIG THANK YOU TO TEAM LIQUID FOR THE ROM AND SUPPORT!!! :D

ive been counting down to the days I can finally get rid of touchwiz xD but ive flashed both this rom and the CM10.1 and I have the same bug on both! my camera app doesn't open ): error : 'cant connect to camera' I live in Singapore, so could it be because of my phone model?

i would love to provide a log if i knew how to. So could someone tell me pls?

but other than that the rom is sweeet ;)

Edit: ive already posted the logcat in one of the later posts :)

Last edited:

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
This ROM works like a pro!! The only issue which I see is the video cam shows the video stretched when recording.
I am just so happy to have a working cm based ROM and in fact, this is 4.2.2!!!
Great work!!!

sebbe312

Nov 3, 2012
A BIG THANK YOU TO TEAM LIQUID FOR THE ROM AND SUPPORT!!! :D

ive been counting down to the days I can finally get rid of touchwiz xD but ive flashed both this rom and the CM10.1 and I have the same bug on both! my camera app doesn't open ): error : 'cant connect to camera' I live in Singapore, so could it be because of my phone model?

i would love to provide a log if i knew how to. So could someone tell me pls?

but other than that the rom is sweeet ;)

Several users from Singapore have reported the same problem, me, on the other hand, haven't had any problems with the camera. Recording works, the video doesn't get stretched like someone else said. Camera works fine for me! :good:

clax6

Jun 13, 2011
I've just reinstalled it and wiped everything and formated internal sd and still got the same issues.

When I go to performance I can't slide the sliders it just brings the su message up about 5 or 6 times.

I had to go to language and input to install SwiftKey as I keep getting settings fc.

Camera works ok but not when the flash is set to auto

But what a great rom so pleased to see a pure rom I think this will be perfect pretty quick.

Oh one other thing when I updated Gmail it was for ics?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PHP:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

mpf6Zji4

OFvisHTi

rL4uPy9o

BhSM9COQ

Questions? Get them answered here!!: Q&A Thread

LiquidSmooth Download: http://goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth/i9305/Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-i9305.zip

Google Apps Package 12/12/12 for 4.2.1

Team Liquid: Liquid0624, Liquidzgrl, Deadman96385, Jarrid42, Jdeloach23, RohanMathur, Itsmikeramsay, Dagr8, Jdkorecclipse, Amplified, ChevyCam94, Hiemanshu, and DHacker29

Kernel Source: CyanogenMod
    Bug Reports

For BUG REPORTS, PLEASE email full logcat of THE EVENT/ fc to and / or jcvancleve@gmail.com
    ronaldramsayii@gmail.com

Logcats must contain error code from said issue, plus device model number in email subject line!

"Logcats, or it didn't happen." - famous developer

Developers / fellow Android hackers:

If you are aware of a patch that will fix said aforementioned issue, please feel free to share with me at jcvancleve@gmail.com; or, sync our source (guide to follow), git clone said patch, test compile, and send a pull request once you've successfully built. Our source can be found at:

www.github.com/LiquidSmooth

(Copy both would be most appreciated since Android / Linux autofills the recipient after the first time emailing someone)

Theme Engine themes (applied to AOSP 4.2.2)

Red Chrome theme (Kevin3328) applied to AOSP 4.2.2 (thread link)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38109558#post38109558

Galaxy Creme Sandwhich (Kevin3328) applied to AOSP 4.2.2 (thread link)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38110822#post38110822

Actually, there was a small change / turn of events. We are now planning on releasing RC 2 a bit sooner than expected. My changes will be published later on (perhaps a weekly) in an MR to follow. (my changes are simply some small code cleanups, optimizations, a change to the default i/o scheduler (run @ boot & on)(deadline), some other changes that i have been building / testing locally ;p) Expect to see a release soon! (perhaps i will update this thread after i speak with liquid) (later)

thanks!
    Within the next two to three days expect weekly / unofficial from me.