[ROM][GT-I9305][Marshmallow][6.0][ALPHA][Cyanogenmod 13.0][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

winxuser

Jan 15, 2012
Brisbane
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy S9+
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
*** Disclamer
/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Introduction
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions
First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Galaxy S3 I9305, or coming from another ROM:

- Read known issues ans FAQs

- Flash one of the recovery images (CWM or TWRP)

- Copy GApps and CM13.0 ZIPs to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Flash CM13.0 zip from SDCard

- Flash GApps zip from SDCard

- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)

- Reboot

- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:

- Copy CM13.0 ZIP to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Reboot

Download

Changelog
Code:
Current changelog: -- 19/11/2015
Initial Release

Working:
Wifi
Camera
Nfc turns on dont know if it works

Not Working:
RIL
External SdCard (causes bootloops)
You tell me???

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
* Google
* Cyanogenmod team
* Samsung for making it damn hard to compile for this device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151119-192258.png
    Screenshot_20151119-192258.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 13,649
  • Screenshot_20151119-192325.png
    Screenshot_20151119-192325.png
    93 KB · Views: 13,507
Last edited:

Sectorian

Apr 27, 2013
Please dont stop working on Cm12.1.
Buy the way how much faster is then the Cm12.1?

Last edited:

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
Good news, I keep my fingers crossed for your Marshmy'. I hope there will be working MMS (weak point of lollipops) and other stuff in (near) future. Then I'll be completely satisfied :)

PS. Fix thread name - MarsHmallow, not Marsmallow.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkfour7

winxuser

Jan 15, 2012
Brisbane
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Uhm... Lollipop was lollipop, Marshmallow is marshmallow? Seriously? How about you google this ? What type of question is this ?

What's the difference between windows 8 and windows 10 ?

Anyhow, @winxuser:

Thank you very much for not leaving us :)

Haha well I'm trying my best to stay ATM. The phone repair shop has had my g3 for 3 weeks now and I still haven't heard back from him.. He is usually pretty quick with phone repairs.. I must of really damaged the efs and modem partitions

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Forums

Reactions: doodownunda

limnaln

Jun 28, 2013
Plovdiv
Haha well I'm trying my best to stay ATM. The phone repair shop has had my g3 for 3 weeks now and I still haven't heard back from him.. He is usually pretty quick with phone repairs.. I must of really damaged the efs and modem partitions

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Forums
Ha, we really give a job to the phone repair guys :D. Also, I've found some new things in your build:
1) Dialer is finally not causing any lag while opening the numbers menu.
2) Trying to unlock the phone causes a bootloop - every time.

Reactions: vhundef

mermigas

Mar 16, 2009
Ha, we really give a job to the phone repair guys :D. Also, I've found some new things in your build:
1) Dialer is finally not causing any lag while opening the numbers menu.
2) Trying to unlock the phone causes a bootloop - every time.

I confirm above. The issue of bootloop when trying to unlock the phone ia very annoying

prqek

Nov 20, 2012
Hi,
good job. Could you, please, provide source code for android_device_samsung_i9305? Or am I missing something and it is already available somewhere? I`d like to try my own build and some debugging.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Introduction
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation instructions
    First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Galaxy S3 I9305, or coming from another ROM:

- Read known issues ans FAQs

- Flash one of the recovery images (CWM or TWRP)

- Copy GApps and CM13.0 ZIPs to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Flash GApps zip from SDCard

- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)

- Reboot

- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:

- Copy CM13.0 ZIP to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Reboot

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: -- 19/11/2015
    Initial Release

Working:
    Wifi
    Camera
    Nfc turns on dont know if it works

Not Working:
    RIL
    External SdCard (causes bootloops)
    You tell me???

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * Google
    * Cyanogenmod team
    * Samsung for making it damn hard to compile for this device
    Good news everyone! I have the RIL working :) or at least some parts. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it seems to be working. I have carrier signal and edge connection. I can`t test any other type of network right now. The solution is a little bit unusual - I am starting the proprietary ril parts (specifically at_distributor, qcks, qmiproxy, qmuxd, rild, smdexe) from CM 12.1 chroot. This is the reason why the file is so big - there is full CM 12.1 system image included. But don`t worry, it still fits into the 1.5 GB system partition and I`ll make it significantly smaller, most of the CM 12.1 files are redundant, just for now it was the easiest solution to include them all. You can download here, but consider it to be proof of concept.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24341993505161644
    Thread cleaned.

Please show somrespect for the work done for free.
    You cant come in like "unstable, fc, why dont you fix"
    Thats plain rude and not helping the case.
    Just report bugs etc with proper logs etc.

Whiskey
    Forum Moderator
    Hi,
    here is new build https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023703285
    I fixed the incoming calls, it was quite easy - it was fixed in CM 12, so I just copied the code.
    I moved the chroot logic into init, so user tags can be used. Services started from chroot have chroot tag in the rc file. I also added tag strace, which makes the service to be started with strace, like this strace -f /service_file 2>/data/local/tmp/service_name.timestamp.strace. It is useful for debugging, I used it to make the cm12 chroot smaller. Now it has only 20MB. For the future I am planning to use directly individual files, so it it will be even smaller.

Bigger problem is the crashing surfacelinger. There ware made changes, so it didn`t start even the bootanimation. So I used one of older commits. Also right now I have no idea how to fix GPS.

All my code changes are in the attached diff. I promise, I`ll put it on github some day later.
    GPS is working. Here is the latest build:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023707276
    Only the gps fix is added, otherwise there is no changes. I suppose it is time to try enforcing selinux...