FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Official LineageOS 14.1 for GT-I9305

1,034 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
By rgib, Senior Member on 20th January 2017, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Official LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy S III LTE GT-I9305


1 _
_ download odin for windows
# odin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711451

2 _
_ flash the latest stock rom with odin (ap button)
# I9305XXUFQG1
http://updato.com/firmware-archive-s...3AFA163EE8F90B

3 _
_ flash twrp recovery with odin (ap button)
# twrp
https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalax...tionallte.html

4 _
_ flash the os with twrp
# unofficial daily build by @walter79
http://buildyourownandroid.selfhost..../daily-builds/
# official weekly build
https://download.lineageos.org/i9305

5 _
_ you can also flash gapps
# OpenGApps
http://opengapps.org/



Thanks a lot to @BlueFlame4 and @walter79 for offering their build server !


XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] Official LineageOS 14.1 for GT-I9305, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
rgib
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...msung_smdk4412

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2017-01-20
Last Updated 2017-11-11
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to rgib For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rgib Ad-Free
 
 
20th January 2017, 10:44 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Great let me be the first one to thank you.
Keep Up the good work
21st January 2017, 01:41 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Hi rgib, in this list of ROMs wich one is the nougat latest version for the i9305? I'm sorry I don't know the denomination.

Thanks
21st January 2017, 08:44 AM |#4  
JUX84's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mop09737

Hi rgib, in this list of ROMs wich one is the nougat latest version for the i9305? I'm sorry I don't know the denomination.

Thanks

Hi @mop09737,

the denomination is still i9305 but the build wasn't available until recently

https://visi0nary.de/builds/full/lin...CIAL-i9305.zip

@rgib, to build it myself, do I just have to:
repo init -b cm-14.1
repo sync --force-sync
brunch i9305

Or is there something else I have to do (maybe install some new dependencies?). I just had an error (I'm currently looking where from).

EDIT:
Found the error, attached a screenshot. Has to do with Wifi I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	3030
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	4011256  
The Following User Says Thank You to JUX84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JUX84 Ad-Free
21st January 2017, 10:02 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUX84

Hi @mop09737,

the denomination is still i9305 but the build wasn't available until recently

https://visi0nary.de/builds/full/lin...CIAL-i9305.zip

@rgib, to build it myself, do I just have to:
repo init -b cm-14.1
repo sync --force-sync
brunch i9305

Or is there something else I have to do (maybe install some new dependencies?). I just had an error (I'm currently looking where from).

EDIT:
Found the error, attached a screenshot. Has to do with Wifi I guess.

Thanks
21st January 2017, 10:02 AM |#7  
JUX84's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

i9305 blobs missing. check github/themuppets

Isn't it enough to have it in my local roomservice ?

EDIT: Just checked with 'git status' and I'm at the last commit.
Is there a way to clean up the builds files since I switched from cm-13.0 to cm-14.1, maybe there's some sort of cache or something
21st January 2017, 11:09 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hello
I try to install rom but i have a problem
In recovery during the flash of rom I have two red errors:

"Patching system image unconditionnaly:
E:unknown command [log]
E:unknown command [log]"

If i reboot after flash, phone bootloop

Did i make something wrong?
21st January 2017, 01:46 PM |#9  
rgib's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,000
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buscagoule

Hello
I try to install rom but i have a problem
In recovery during the flash of rom I have two red errors:

"Patching system image unconditionnaly:
E:unknown command [log]
E:unknown command [log]"

If i reboot after flash, phone bootloop

Did i make something wrong?

no, let's flash tomorrow's build.
The Following User Says Thank You to rgib For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rgib Ad-Free
22nd January 2017, 12:28 PM |#10  
JUX84's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUX84

Isn't it enough to have it in my local roomservice ?

EDIT: Just checked with 'git status' and I'm at the last commit.
Is there a way to clean up the builds files since I switched from cm-13.0 to cm-14.1, maybe there's some sort of cache or something

I completely deleted the folder contents and did a new repo init + repo sync, and apparently it just werks.
I guess some extra steps are needed when one wants to switch branches.
The Following User Says Thank You to JUX84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JUX84 Ad-Free
22nd January 2017, 12:40 PM |#11  
rodman01's Avatar
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Allgäu
Thanks Meter: 9,517
 
More
Is your personal build booting?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes