WARNING! DO NOT FLASH YOUR DEVICE UNTIL YOU HAVE BACKED UP YOUR IMEI / NV DATA IN THIS GUIDE!
Click HERE for information on the long awaited and all new EFS Professional v2.0 including download! Now supporting Qualcomm devices!
Setting up QPST with your PC:
- Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
- Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.
- Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB
- Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.
- Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button.
- Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'.
- You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'.
- You can now Close this application.
Backing Up IMEI / NV Data:
- Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Backup' tab.
- Press the 'Browse' button and choose a Save Location for your QCN File.
- Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will back up all your phones NV Items and save them to the QCN Backup File.
- The resulting QCN Backup File should be 250KB.
Restoring IMEI / NV Data:
- Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Restore' tab.
- Press the 'Browse' button and select your QCN Backup File.
- Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will restore all your phones NV Items from the QCN Backup File.
- Your IMEI / NV Data should now be fully restored. Dial *#06# on your phones keypad to check your IMEI is restored.
Restore USB Settings after Backup / Restore:
- Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'MTP + ADB' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now back to default USB operation.
If the 'Qualcomm USB Settings' Button is missing from the PhoneUtil application then execute the following command in a Terminal Emulator to launch the Qualcomm USB Settings page directly:
su -c 'am start -n com.sec.android.app.phoneutil/com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.USBSettings'
Please Note: You must be rooted or this command will not work.
Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300:
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies or the Samsung USB Driver installed on your PC.
- Download and Extract: Odin3 3.04.zip - 457.11 KB to your PC if you don't already have it.
- Download and Extract: Param_Bin_I9305.zip - 612.14 KB to your PC.
- With your Phone Switched Off, press and hold: 'VOL DN' + 'HOME' + 'POWER' to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable and start Odin.
- Check your phone is connected by seeing if a COM Port in a Blue box is present under ID:COM.
- Press the 'PDA' Button and select the 'Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5' file you extracted from the Zip Archive earlier.
- Press the 'Start' Button and wait for it to finish flashing. If successful, you will see a Green Box with 'PASS!'.
- Wait for your phone to reboot then go to your Dialer and press: *#06#. You should now see your IMEI and your Data Connection will be back.
If I have saved your bacon then please buy me a coffee!