Pac-Rom Kitkat for i9300(12-Oct-16)

Search This thread

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
This is a compile done for a friend, as he found lp/mm roms to be unbearably laggy,especially when using social media/chatting apps. Just thought it could help some folks hoping to run an updated kitkat in their old(but great) galaxy s3. After some usage, his words were: this phone is part of my hand again :D .

This is a straight compile from cm11 sources for i9300, with the pac-rom source code(the best kitkat custom rom imo). Battery life, performance and stability are truly superb. Sources merged on 12-Oct-16, therefore having the latest stagefright and other security patches built-in. Wifi-fix for i9300 is also integrated. The rom is working fine with the latest boeffla-kernel(2.14) released for cm11, and thats the tested and recommended configuration. Some useless apps removed(like voicedialer, whisperpush,moviestudio,pacconsole and some more i can not remember) and i also removed pac console from the rom configuration settings framework as well. Have fun using it.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!Vl4nnYrK!N1PYfctzAnkOVDucMVsSCT5nnxUqY_oAZe2tsGDXkAo

All credits go to cyanogenmod and pac-rom team for both their amazing roms and sources for i9300 and many other phones we use and love!

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Not having the phone means no screeshots ;) . You can try it and put some up for everyone to see. You wont be disappointed.

amit.rooteds3

Oct 12, 2014
Mumbai
Really appreciate your efforts here... Great work on this rom... everything working fine... If possible can you put some time looking into Archidroid 4.4.4... IMO it was the best rom our s3 could ever have.... It has some wakeblock issues that might get resolved if we update the sources. Again thanks for your effort. S3 community owes you!

antipode31

Nov 3, 2016
Thanks for this great ROM. The only issue I have is I cant get 3G to work. Any suggestions? Would be much appreciated...

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Its probably an APN problem, try inputting your carrier settings manually. 3g works fine on my friends' phone.

SamuelMaki

Sep 6, 2012
Hey!

Switched to this rom recently and being very impressed, it having all the features one could ever want yet stable and battery friendly. Definitely better than MM roms on S3.

However do we need an kitkat bootloader or do we even have one available? Still on the official 4.3 bootloader and just wondering if could get more stability if upgrading it to kitkat.

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Kitkat bootloaders dont exist for the i9300, since it never officially got kitkat. Last semi-stock kitkat rom for the i9300 were ported roms from n7100 and the korean variant of gs3, and they did not include a bootloader, because it would hard-brick the phone. Having installed 4.3 before this was the best you could do. Having this rom installed in 2 phones(my friend's and my sister's) i definitely recommend installing boeffla's last cm11 kernel, no stability,battery, or features problems with it. Actually, apart from the rebooting on uninstalling themes bug, no other bug has been reported to me from them, no even ones in the thread.

medsalah

Aug 30, 2016
Algérie
The rom is incredible but I need to restart my system with Wifi turned on so it can connect. If it disconnects (for any reason, disabling wifi, getting out of range etc), it only flashes "Connecting..." when connecting to the router again, but it doesn't connect

I have the same problem. Is there a solution ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a compile done for a friend, as he found lp/mm roms to be unbearably laggy,especially when using social media/chatting apps. Just thought it could help some folks hoping to run an updated kitkat in their old(but great) galaxy s3. After some usage, his words were: this phone is part of my hand again :D .

This is a straight compile from cm11 sources for i9300, with the pac-rom source code(the best kitkat custom rom imo). Battery life, performance and stability are truly superb. Sources merged on 12-Oct-16, therefore having the latest stagefright and other security patches built-in. Wifi-fix for i9300 is also integrated. The rom is working fine with the latest boeffla-kernel(2.14) released for cm11, and thats the tested and recommended configuration. Some useless apps removed(like voicedialer, whisperpush,moviestudio,pacconsole and some more i can not remember) and i also removed pac console from the rom configuration settings framework as well. Have fun using it.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!Vl4nnYrK!N1PYfctzAnkOVDucMVsSCT5nnxUqY_oAZe2tsGDXkAo

All credits go to cyanogenmod and pac-rom team for both their amazing roms and sources for i9300 and many other phones we use and love!