By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 29th March 2015, 01:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 08:56 AM |#1971  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitFan

Is possible to turn-on the sharpness tweak in this ROM, or I need to install Boeffla kernel to do it?

Hello Guys,

I've just got an S3 and I switched to CM as soon as I could.
The first thing I noticed is the oversharpened font. Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks

22nd May 2015, 09:04 AM |#1972  
Flag Bytom
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiNdi

Hello Guys,

The first thing I noticed is the oversharpened font. Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks

Only way is to flash Boeffla Kernel and install Boeffla Config. There in tab 'display' u can find Sharpness tweak. Enable it, and screen will looks much better. Remember to download Boeffla Config for your Android version, e.g. version 4.X for Android 5.1.X It is explained on Boeffla Kernel site, boeffla-kernel.de
The Following User Says Thank You to HitFan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HitFan Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 10:05 AM |#1973  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:

Hello Guys,

Thanks

You've got this options under Settings/Display & Lights/Advanced Display, so no need to flash another kernel.

But on the other hand - you'll may want to flash Boeffla, if you haven't tried it yet
The Following User Says Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 11:09 AM |#1974  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 3,043

Donate to Me
More
Flashing custom kernels is not recommended, you are free to do so, but you are on your own with any problems you get then.

Any talk about custom kernels is not wanted here, they have their own threads, go chat there.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
22nd May 2015, 12:17 PM |#1975  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Out of curiosity, do the maintainers actually make any of their own modifications or do they primarily just compile the CM source with the i9300 device tree?
22nd May 2015, 12:47 PM |#1976  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,917

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijer

Out of curiosity, do the maintainers actually make any of their own modifications or do they primarily just compile the CM source with the i9300 device tree?

We work on i9300 device tree only. Which means, we're here to make CM compatible with i9300 device, and nothing more.

This is as pure CM for i9300 as possible.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 12:49 PM |#1977  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flither

You've got this options under Settings/Display & Lights/Advanced Display, so no need to flash another kernel.
But on the other hand - you'll may want to flash Boeffla, if you haven't tried it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitFan

Only way is to flash Boeffla Kernel and install Boeffla Config. There in tab 'display' u can find Sharpness tweak. Enable it, and screen will looks much better. Remember to download Boeffla Config for your Android version, e.g. version 4.X for Android 5.1.X It is explained on Boeffla Kernel site, boeffla-kernel.de

Thanks for the help, I was just reading more about that as I did not want to jump straight to flashing things since I am not familiar with this phone model.
Can't find anything related in Advanced dispaly menu though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

Flashing custom kernels is not recommended, you are free to do so, but you are on your own with any problems you get then.
Any talk about custom kernels is not wanted here, they have their own threads, go chat there.

This was clearly related to this ROM but thank you for your reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreiNdi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndreiNdi Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 04:54 PM |#1978  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:

Thanks for the help, I was just reading more about that as I did not want to jump straight to flashing things since I am not familiar with this phone model.
Can't find anything related in Advanced dispaly menu though.

Under advanced display select 'browser' mode to bring back the sharpness to normal levels.

//nkirk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nkirk Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 05:07 PM |#1979  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 3,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It doesnt matter if its related to the rom, as soon as it is related to any custom kernel.

22nd May 2015, 05:31 PM |#1980  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

Althought you're the one of the most intelligent person on this forum (reading it everyday), but I'm not really sure we cannot talk about any other kernel as long as it's not complaining about bugs with them. I'm more than happy user of Boeffla Kernel, and I can't see nothing bad about talking about it here, I can say more - Boeffla Kernel is a miracle that let me play my beloved GTA Chinawars for 5 hours on 3 years old battery. Why not to share good (improving) tips here? Do you think that CM Team is the only right and capable to improve things here?
My advice - if something improves the experience with this ROM - share it. If something breaks the beautifulness of this ROM - don't share it. Easy like that.
I'm going crazy sometimes when people report problems with Gapps - what the hell is Gapps?? I'm not using it since 2013 , so I don't have any problems with it. But why people are installing them though they make more problems than gains? I don't know. But there're still complaining abot Gapps here, not on the Google Apps forum. Is this right?
The Following User Says Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 05:50 PM |#1981  
Thanks Meter: 1,275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flither

Althought you're the one of the most intelligent person on this forum (reading it everyday), but I'm not really sure we cannot talk about any other kernel as long as it's not complaining about bugs with them. I'm more than happy user of Boeffla Kernel, and I can't see nothing bad about talking about it here, I can say more - Boeffla Kernel is a miracle that let me play my beloved GTA Chinawars for 5 hours on 3 years old battery. Why not to share good (improving) tips here? Do you think that CM Team is the only right and capable to improve things here?
My advice - if something improves the experience with this ROM - share it. If something breaks the beautifulness of this ROM - don't share it. Easy like that.
I'm going crazy sometimes when people report problems with Gapps - what the hell is Gapps?? I'm not using it since 2013 , so I don't have any problems with it. But why people are installing them though they make more problems than gains? I don't know. But there're still complaining abot Gapps here, not on the Google Apps forum. Is this right?

I think FadeFX is perfectly justified in what he says. Th primary objective of a developer forum is to enable the develop to improve, refine and debug their product. In order to do that, is is clearly an advantage to minimize the outside variables that interfere with that process. There are sufficient forums relating to 3rd party kernels that enable their developers to make sure that their product works with as many ROMs as possible. Even then, it is not possible for every ROM to work with every kernel, and so that is why ther is a default "stock" kernel.

As for GApps, well maybe you don't use it. That's great, but 99+% of Android users do use it so it is definitely in the ROM developers interest to know about GApps issues, but not necessarily to make changes due to the variants of GApps. After all, Gapps versions do make a difference, and there are forums for that purpose, although they are more detailed than "it bootloops".

So if you want to discuss other kernels - please don't - it's not helping the developers - you already contribute to those forums anyway. And if you don't want to read about Gapps, then just skip those posts rather than going crazy.

Sorry for OT
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sanguinesaintly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanguinesaintly Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)