Thanks Meter: 38,917

By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 29th March 2015, 01:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 05:50 PM |#1981  
Thanks Meter: 1,284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flither

Althought you're the one of the most intelligent person on this forum (reading it everyday), but I'm not really sure we cannot talk about any other kernel as long as it's not complaining about bugs with them. I'm more than happy user of Boeffla Kernel, and I can't see nothing bad about talking about it here, I can say more - Boeffla Kernel is a miracle that let me play my beloved GTA Chinawars for 5 hours on 3 years old battery. Why not to share good (improving) tips here? Do you think that CM Team is the only right and capable to improve things here?
My advice - if something improves the experience with this ROM - share it. If something breaks the beautifulness of this ROM - don't share it. Easy like that.
I'm going crazy sometimes when people report problems with Gapps - what the hell is Gapps?? I'm not using it since 2013 , so I don't have any problems with it. But why people are installing them though they make more problems than gains? I don't know. But there're still complaining abot Gapps here, not on the Google Apps forum. Is this right?

I think FadeFX is perfectly justified in what he says. Th primary objective of a developer forum is to enable the develop to improve, refine and debug their product. In order to do that, is is clearly an advantage to minimize the outside variables that interfere with that process. There are sufficient forums relating to 3rd party kernels that enable their developers to make sure that their product works with as many ROMs as possible. Even then, it is not possible for every ROM to work with every kernel, and so that is why ther is a default "stock" kernel.

As for GApps, well maybe you don't use it. That's great, but 99+% of Android users do use it so it is definitely in the ROM developers interest to know about GApps issues, but not necessarily to make changes due to the variants of GApps. After all, Gapps versions do make a difference, and there are forums for that purpose, although they are more detailed than "it bootloops".

So if you want to discuss other kernels - please don't - it's not helping the developers - you already contribute to those forums anyway. And if you don't want to read about Gapps, then just skip those posts rather than going crazy.

Sorry for OT
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sanguinesaintly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanguinesaintly Ad-Free

22nd May 2015, 06:19 PM |#1982  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

I think FadeFX is perfectly justified in what he says. Th primary objective of a developer forum is to enable the develop to improve, refine and debug their product. In order to do that, is is clearly an advantage to minimize the outside variables that interfere with that process. There are sufficient forums relating to 3rd party kernels that enable their developers to make sure that their product works with as many ROMs as possible. Even then, it is not possible for every ROM to work with every kernel, and so that is why ther is a default "stock" kernel.

As for GApps, well maybe you don't use it. That's great, but 99+% of Android users do use it so it is definitely in the ROM developers interest to know about GApps issues, but not necessarily to make changes due to the variants of GApps. After all, Gapps versions do make a difference, and there are forums for that purpose, although they are more detailed than "it bootloops".

So if you want to discuss other kernels - please don't - it's not helping the developers - you already contribute to those forums anyway. And if you don't want to read about Gapps, then just skip those posts rather than going crazy.

Sorry for OT

Hi @sanguinesaintly.
I know that this a DEVELOPMENT thread, where we are not allowed to say "Kernel X is much better in terms of battery life than custom one". But writing that in (for example) Boeffla thread, doesn't really help too much in overcoming the flaws of this ROM. Because you and other's can admit - this ROM/kernel is not perfect.
Anyway, this thread is already full of spam, especially about Gapps and Xposed problems - why people still report problems here instead of Google's or Xposed dedicated forums? Or on CM forum?
Is it prohibited to share happiness with another improving piece of code? I've never complained about Boeffla Kernel's bugs here - only dumb people do it. You can kill them, I'll help

End of OT, see you in a month
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flither For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flither Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 06:26 PM |#1983  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 308

More
I don't think I've ever encountered such a hound dog in the 7 years I've been visiting xda...

If you think someone is breaking the forum rules, please just report it to the moderators!

Don't go imediately acusing everybody: "You're writing about custom kernel!" (just to get some more thanks?).

I'm sure you're not a moderator, so don't act like you are, please.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daniel.mota For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel.mota Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 07:33 PM |#1984  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
I think u guys forget one thing, read OP and justarchi says on red "no TALK about custom kernels", thats all. His theat his rules and no point to talk about that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to galen2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galen2 Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 10:05 PM |#1985  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Question Failed to load Widget...
Hi guys, when in the app list screen, I get a "Widget not found message, any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-22-17-35-34.jpg
Views:	1214
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	3326567  
22nd May 2015, 10:19 PM |#1986  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apmauj

Hi guys, when in the app list screen, I get a "Widget not found message, any ideas?

That's a gapps problem. If you disable " show search bar in recents" in the settings menu, that will disappear. But the best thing is to (re)flash gapps
The Following User Says Thank You to RoelD92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoelD92 Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 05:20 AM |#1987  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
i have a stupid problem and i cant find a solution.
While listening power amp i hold in notification panel those buttons for next song or pause because i wanted to go in app setting (like in kit kat) but i clicked some button and now (5days lol) i dont have nothing when i pull down notification while poweramp is playing or on lock screen.
edit: just to clarify, in app notifications settings i found power amp and its all good..but still i cant find a solution -.-

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd May 2015, 08:02 AM |#1988  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 3,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coece

i have a stupid problem and i cant find a solution.
While listening power amp i hold in notification panel those buttons for next song or pause because i wanted to go in app setting (like in kit kat) but i clicked some button and now (5days lol) i dont have nothing when i pull down notification while poweramp is playing or on lock screen.
edit: just to clarify, in app notifications settings i found power amp and its all good..but still i cant find a solution -.-

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Did you probably enable a notification filter by accident? Go to system settings - notifications - notification filters to check.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
The Following User Says Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FadeFx Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 08:10 AM |#1989  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I really need some help
I had the week 3 installed and after like 3 weeks using it I started to get reboots, I tryed to delete cach and dalvik and when I reboot my phone it said Android Is upgrading and after 40 apps it stucked (I have 147 apps) and rebooted into a screen that said "Encryption Unsuccessful" and that all i can do to fix this is factory reset I didnt clicked the reset botton. what should I do??? I have a nandroid back up of my phone on my computer!
please helpppp!!
I have TWRP Recovery
23rd May 2015, 08:19 AM |#1990  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flither

Althought you're the one of the most intelligent person on this forum (reading it everyday), but I'm not really sure we cannot talk about any other kernel as long as it's not complaining about bugs with them. I'm more than happy user of Boeffla Kernel, and I can't see nothing bad about talking about it here, I can say more - Boeffla Kernel is a miracle that let me play my beloved GTA Chinawars for 5 hours on 3 years old battery. Why not to share good (improving) tips here? Do you think that CM Team is the only right and capable to improve things here?
My advice - if something improves the experience with this ROM - share it. If something breaks the beautifulness of this ROM - don't share it. Easy like that.
I'm going crazy sometimes when people report problems with Gapps - what the hell is Gapps?? I'm not using it since 2013 , so I don't have any problems with it. But why people are installing them though they make more problems than gains? I don't know. But there're still complaining abot Gapps here, not on the Google Apps forum. Is this right?

I agree, if the poster is not reporting bugs and hoping to get help then a mention of compatible kernels and their experience with them seems okay.

The only reason I flash gapps is to get the Play Store other than that I delete all Google apps. Besides potential buggyness, I think Google does a pretty crappy job of making some apps.

On the subject of Google, I don't really understand why Android isn't perfect as delivered by Google. Why does CM have to do so much work? I can understand if they are adding features, but reading the gerrit it seems most coding is to fix bugs not add features.
23rd May 2015, 09:10 AM |#1991  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys while I was speaking on my phone, My friend always said "your voice is very low'. I have not faced that on another roms. Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)