Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2015, 09:02 PM |#4071  
Flag athens
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Universal blobs e.g. MALI ones are 4.4-based too, we have them already from N7100.

But device-specific ones such as GPS or RIL must be from i9300 or they won't work. And those come from 4.3.

Ultra-noob question. @JustArchi why samsung doesnt release every code they made for old phones? they wont look at i9300 anyway.
I, for example, if i had a company like samsung i would release all the code for old phones because i wont touch it anyway..

8th October 2015, 09:32 PM |#4072  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,917

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funky Pear

Ultra-noob question. @JustArchi why samsung doesnt release every code they made for old phones? they wont look at i9300 anyway.
I, for example, if i had a company like samsung i would release all the code for old phones because i wont touch it anyway..

Ask samsung, not me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
8th October 2015, 09:41 PM |#4073  
Flag athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Ask samsung, not me.

ok i get it
one last question about your roms.whats the difference between archidroid and beta 19?
if this was asked before just link the discussion.thanks!!
8th October 2015, 11:43 PM |#4074  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro_

But the last build, 18, is a bit problematic... the phone is way slower than 17, and it happened to me a few times that I had a soft boot, and some of my apps on main screens got all messed up. Idk if it is the build, but in the last month for some reason I cant update Facebook app, getting 504 error :\

I wasn't a supporter of this at first but I admit I ran through the same problems too: build 18 being slow and Facebook app not updating. After using it for about two weeks, yesterday I reverted back to build 17 (nandroid made right before upgrading, not clean flash) and I can really tell the difference of speed, and the Facebook app updated just fine.
9th October 2015, 06:00 AM |#4075  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 15

More
fb is not an option for this device and many others, def...

****iest app ever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift endimon Ad-Free
9th October 2015, 07:58 AM |#4076  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Since i started using facebook lite, most of the problema related to lag/lack of speed gone... You should try it, facebook APP is badely coded.
The Following User Says Thank You to PiniponSelvagem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PiniponSelvagem Ad-Free
9th October 2015, 08:04 AM |#4077  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 15

More
chrome, fb, fb messenger and other thug apps are so annoying and too much for most of devices...

i'm on 'naked browser' from play store, very fast and smooth, replacing three bad apps with just one super fast and light...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to endimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift endimon Ad-Free
9th October 2015, 08:46 AM |#4078  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

probably because the new phones also have at least some of the code of the older phones
9th October 2015, 08:55 AM |#4079  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. I saw here some discussion about renew S3 to a new phone like zenfone 2.... And what do u think about Xiaomi redmi note 2 and elephone P8000...
9th October 2015, 09:20 AM |#4080  
Flag athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEAKiMP

probably because the new phones also have at least some of the code of the older phones

even so,why they dont release all codes for all phones? will happen something bad for the company?
9th October 2015, 09:26 AM |#4081  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

even so,why they dont release all codes for all phones? will happen something bad for the company?

other companies could implement samsungs code in their phones for free and noone would know...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)