Thanks Meter: 1,538

Post Reply Email Thread
The Android Open Source Project

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

What is AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.

"Anyway to get a working system I added some changes from CodeAurora Forum and CyanogenMod. I added also 3 non-AOSP features for a better user experience (Advanced Reboot, "Clear All" button in Recents and an option to delete screenshots from notification) and I'm NOT going to add something other." - @Alberto97

NOTE: THE KERNEL INCLUDED WITHIN THE ROM PACKAGE DOESN'T WORK. YOU WILL HAVE TO FLASH THE AOSP-FIX.ZIP

Instructions:
1. Flash the ROM zip
2. Flash AOSP-FIX.zip
I have a feeling this will result in no WiFi. If WiFi doesn't work, flash Boeffla kernel, then flash the AOSP-FIX.zip file. If you want Boeffla kernel, flash the AnyKernel package as the official package won't work!

I do not suggest you flash gapps at first boot. If it works for you, well and good (let me know lol).

Downloads:
ROM (Includes the AOSP-FIX.zip)
Boeffla Anykernel (In case you ever need it )

Bugs:
Bluetooth is messed up
CAN'T FIND RECENTS! UGH

Thanks to:
@mcgi5sr2
@Alberto97
Google (Android)
CyanogenMod
Anyone left out, feel free to contact me

Sources:
ROM- https://github.com/F-AOSP
Kernel- https://github.com/mcgi5sr2/kernel_samsung_smdk4412
Trees- https://github.com/Alectradar/aosp_device_samsung_i9300

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP for the i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
Gokulbalram, mcgi5sr2
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-04-13
Last Updated 2015-09-13
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gokulbalram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gokulbalram Ad-Free

13th April 2015, 12:10 PM |#5  
Flag You tell me
Thanks Meter: 1,828

More
Guys are u sure u will be able to handle all these unofficial releases u bring to us?? it seems u don't leave much space for other possible developers to bring roms haha

i would rather have one or two good stable roms (and most importantly updated regularly) then having 6-7 roms that are not regularly updated,unfixed ect

anyway props to @Gokulbalram @rap_turkez for builds roms for our s3 !!
13th April 2015, 12:17 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpionea

Guys are u sure u will be able to handle all these unofficial releases u bring to us?? it seems u don't leave much space for other possible developers to bring roms haha

i would rather have one or two good stable roms (and most importantly updated regularly) then having 6-7 roms that are not regularly updated,unfixed ect

anyway props to Gokulbalramrap_turkez for builds roms for our s3 !!

I had kept a limit on how many ROMs I will maintain, I kept it at an initial 4, but then when I saw that it'd be possible to get AOSP, I had to break that barrier and make it 5. I'm an official maintainer for 2 ROMs, so even they are on the way!

Anyway, 'nuff said. Enjoy/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gokulbalram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gokulbalram Ad-Free
13th April 2015, 12:28 PM |#7  
Flag Latisana
Thanks Meter: 1,214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpionea

anyway props to @Gokulbalram @rap_turkez for builds roms for our s3 !!

No prob about it, i hqve a lot of free time, And all my roms are constantly updated
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rap_turkez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rap_turkez Ad-Free
13th April 2015, 12:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Sorry for noobie question but what's the difference between this rom and other cm roms ? Better performance ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
13th April 2015, 12:51 PM |#9  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 221

Donate to Me
More
Great, as always
13th April 2015, 12:58 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egli.Kasa

Sorry for noobie question but what's the difference between this rom and other cm roms ? Better performance ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

This is Pure AOSP with a little modifications. You'll have to test to know the difference!

Sent from my SM-T531
The Following User Says Thank You to Gokulbalram For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gokulbalram Ad-Free
13th April 2015, 01:22 PM |#11  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 221

Donate to Me
More
*Testing*
What have I done:

-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe dalvik cache
-Format /sdcard
-Flash ROM
-Flash fix
-Flash Gapps

The ROM boots, no Gapps problem, but wifi doesn't work. During the startup configuration appeared a bluetooth crash error, just once. While in options bluetooth crashed again (not spamming the error). No recents panel.
The ROM it's very fast and reactive, good work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)