[CM11][4.4.2][i9300][ROM][KERNEL][FEB26] temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build - V50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dev-host.eu

Jan 13, 2009
Glostrup
Since I've updated to V22 my phone isn't stable as it was. I'm getting errors about Theme something, and sometimes when I get a phone call the ROM crash, and even when it's idle, it crashes from time to time. I dunno what happened... Is it happens to anyone else?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Do you by any chance run your rom with Yank kernel?

If so, you'll have to get his latest version 1.6h (omni) to get rid of the theme errors.

shoalinagent

Oct 16, 2012
Since I've updated to V22 my phone isn't stable as it was. I'm getting errors about Theme something, and sometimes when I get a phone call the ROM crash, and even when it's idle, it crashes from time to time. I dunno what happened... Is it happens to anyone else?

I've been dirty flashing since v10. Nothing, no issues to report. No bugs at all. I'm not sure how people are having so many issues. I posted a checklist a few weeks ago but I'll do it again just in case.

Dirty flash:
Reboot to recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash ROM and reboot. Let it fully startup then reboot recovery and after wiping cache and dalvik again, flash kernel. Rinse and repeat for gapps or anything else.

Full wipe:
Same as above but wipe all data first, I always wipe cache and dalvik again after full wipe just to be sure. I know people that will wipe cache and dalvik 2-3 times just to be certain, on old HTC devices sometimes a cache or dalvik wipe wouldn't stick.

I've been following these simple steps since my first ever device, and never had an issue that wasn't already posted by the dev/s.

Happy flashing people, and temasek...get some rest! :thumbup:

i9300 - Temasek 4.4.2 - Boeffla cm 2.1b4

Last edited:

Choristav

Dec 25, 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Normal ums to pc works but not for your scenario. I'm not sure if I can find the relevant codes.

You know that if you need any logs I can always provide them, although I wouldn't know how or which ones would actually be useful.

On the other hand, I'm sure it's the way andi's kernel does UMS. I could ask @Lord Boeffla , too, if it isn't too disrespectful.

U will be shocked if u see mine. I inserted my simcard to my I9300 for testing and it's similar to what I got during my time in cm10.2.

Those seen my battery charts in the past should know what I'm talking. :p

Maybe you can share your config as a start point for not advanced users (as me) whom can't deal with tweaks and all those options :D

Any issues with art ?

No until now. Usually I use facebook, whatsapp (last version from play), hangouts, gmail,kingsoft office, twitter, linkedin, take pictures (stock camera without fixes), xda app, browsing with chrome, play osmosis hd, minion rush :D and my daugthers play a game called Pou.

Installed avast antivirus and anti thief, and 3g watchdog to control my data plan

Things that didn't try yet: Skype, waze, apollo, spirit 2 fm, Plants vs zombies I & II, Angry birds series, GT motor racing academy. Adidas miCoach, Ulyse speedometer and others

manojpy

Jun 11, 2012
Pune

@Adamba are you using Yank Omni kernel. If so update to his Omni 1.6h

CM11 Temasek™ Kitkat 245dpi, with Yank™ Kernel - Galaxy Redefined!

SteelScyther

Mar 13, 2012
So I just found something that I think is really interesting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551814

It's called HaloShortcuts, and basically it allows you to launch apps from Halo but only if the ROM uses the intent flag 0x00002000 (it gives paranoid android as an example). I have no idea what that means though so I don't know if it will work on this ROM. I assume it will, because we can run windowed versions of notification apps with Halo, so why not a normal app? Or have I got it completely wrong? :p

Also, I saw on that thread that Omni ROM has a multi window feature - would that be something you'd be interested in putting into this ROM later, tema?

EDIT: Just checked that thread a bit more and it turns out that HaloShortcuts is an Xposed module, so anyone using ART (myself included) can't use it :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts