[P-EOL][ROM]LineageOS 11 for I9300

Search This thread

rpdroky

Nov 13, 2014
I will try!
btw, all kitkat roms that I test it(this cm 11; liquid smooth; miui 7; omnirom) and others 6.0 roms, always close by itself in games, like Free fire! i think because of low memory!
can u solve that?

Unfortunatly only ZRAM i can recommend but beware that compressed ram requires more cpu usage so expect overheating ( and don't increase the swapiness over 80% to prevent massive overheating )

Edit: Both Los13 and cm11 are updated with the latest security patches and xposed fix included in cm11 as promised , plase note that my s3 is dead so i coundn't test them
Cheers :)

Last edited:

Psycho103

Jul 27, 2016
Vadodara
Unfortunatly only ZRAM i can recommend but beware that compressed ram requires more cpu usage so expect overheating ( and don't increase the swapiness over 80% to prevent massive overheating )

Edit: Both Los13 and cm11 are updated with the latest security patches and xposed fix included in cm11 as promised , plase note that my s3 is dead so i coundn't test them
Cheers :)
I tested CM11 for a day. Two things I noticed are
1. The video bug is there (sometimes apps crash when you try to play video. WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook Lite).
2. The default CPU Governor PEGASUSQ has some problem. Sometimes when you click something that thing loads but doesn't show up on screen. First I thought it was lag but I was in settings app I clicked on sound settings it didn't open for 2-3 seconds so I clicked back button 2-3 times still nothing happened so I just furiously started tapping screen and the screen turned off so I pressed the power button, phone wasn't turned of it was just screen lock. It was because when I pressed back button multiple times it went back to launcher homepage but didn't show on screen. And I have double tap to screen off gesture set. This doesn't happen when you switch governor to performance or happens less with ondemand and hotplugx.

Other than these two things the stability and fluidity is awesome as always.

Thank you so much for the build.

Reactions: rpdroky

rpdroky

Nov 13, 2014
I tested CM11 for a day. Two things I noticed are
1. The video bug is there (sometimes apps crash when you try to play video. WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook Lite).
2. The default CPU Governor PEGASUSQ has some problem. Sometimes when you click something that thing loads but doesn't show up on screen. First I thought it was lag but I was in settings app I clicked on sound settings it didn't open for 2-3 seconds so I clicked back button 2-3 times still nothing happened so I just furiously started tapping screen and the screen turned off so I pressed the power button, phone wasn't turned of it was just screen lock. It was because when I pressed back button multiple times it went back to launcher homepage but didn't show on screen. And I have double tap to screen off gesture set. This doesn't happen when you switch governor to performance or happens less with ondemand and hotplugx.

Other than these two things the stability and fluidity is awesome as always.

Thank you so much for the build.
Unfortunatly i can't do much because i dont have a working s3 anymore , but if you could test hotplugx and use a tool like kerner editor to find a good setting for it that could help me aloot until i find the way to fix the issue :)

Thanks allot mate , cheers :highfive:

Reactions: Psycho103

N-Gage4ever

The best ROM ever.Just see the screenshots.The kernel is the default one.

Thanks @rpdroky

Heyy can someone upload this 0719 version??

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Unfortunatly i can't do much because i dont have a working s3 anymore , but if you could test hotplugx and use a tool like kerner editor to find a good setting for it that could help me aloot until i find the way to fix the issue :)

Thanks allot mate , cheers :highfive:

Oh crap!! Why did your s3 die??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fyfqys.gif
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Huuuge thanks to @xpduyson , @TimSchumi and @wolfenders for keeping the security updates up !

----------| HOW TO INSTALL |----------

Clean
    - Download ROM
    - Download GApps ( optional )
    - Reboot in recovery ( TWRP Recommended )
    - Wipe --> Advanced Wipe --> Select : Dalvik / ART Cache , Cache , System and Data --> Swipe to Wipe
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash Gapps ( optional )
    - Reboot

Dirty
    - Download ROM
    - Download GApps ( optional )
    - Reboot in recovery ( TWRP Recommended )
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash Gapps ( optional )
    - Reboot

----------| DOWNLOAD ZONE |----------

Latest Version : Here
    TWRP_3.1.1-0 flashable zip : here
    Open Gapps : here
    Problems with EFS/IMEI/No network? here is the thread for you
    Problems sending SMS? Check out this thread , PDU encoder is outdated so just scrol down on the warning page , and yes it will work for any ROM not just JB

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 11.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    rpdroky, LineageOS team

ROM OS Version: 4.4.4 KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM or TWRP recovery
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-03-26
    Last Updated 2016-06-13
    LINEAGE OS 13.0

Latest Version : Here
    lineage-11-20170716-RPDROKY-i9300 : Online

- ROM and Kernel build with -O3
    - Tweaked pegasusq + fix for unused 300-400mhz cpu steps
    - TripNdroid default I/O scheduler ( credits to the owner ) + tweaks based on frap129's mapple scheduler
    - Color Calibrator in Display Section ( credits to @forkbomb444 )
    - Screen brightness fix to allow much lower display brightness ( credits to @Oebbler1 )
    - Whatsapp camera fix ( credits to filiprrs ) also thanks to @Divine for letting me know about it
    - Open source camera
    - TTL mangling support
    - ZRAM added with 400mb set by default
    - 2017-07-01 Security updates

My sincer apologies again for the delay but my job eats almost all my free time and all i had was a few hours to work on the rom every weekend so that's the long story short :)

Cheers :highfive:
    lineage-11-20170427-RPDROKY-i9300.zip | MD5 Online
    - Tweaked pegasusq based on yankasusq cpu governor ( more battery frendly )
    - FIFO i/o scheduler
    - ROM build with -O3
    - Updated bootanimation ( thx @orsonbear )
    - April security updates ( thx again @xpduyson )

Cheers :highfive:
    lineage-11-20171219-RPDROKY-i9300 : Online
    - Fixed video playback in fullscreen mode ( i coudn't find a fix the window mode )
    - Google Snappy ZRAM ( credits to @AndreiLux for the patches )
    - Changed CPU governor PegasusQ with hotplugx ( credits to @Imoseyon ) modifyed for i9300
    - Updated ASB Security to 2017-11-01

lineage-13.0-20170924-RPDROKY-i9300

When I install some applications (Like Signal messenger - ol file manager) on this ROM, The system breaks down and the boot stops.

I have tried the clean installation with pico gapps.
    I'l check it when i'l have a little free time :)

Cheers and Happy Holydays to everyone ! :highfive: