9,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 33,215

By Phil3759, Recognized Developer on 20th November 2012, 02:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2013, 08:11 AM |#2391  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,219

More
I changed the background in PhilZ recovery yesterday to Koush background in preferences. The background did get changed but now when I boot into recovery, there is always a message stating,

E:unknown volume for path [/res/images/koush.png]

O__O How did the image get applied to the background if it is not there only??
The Following User Says Thank You to dhirend_6d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhirend_6d Ad-Free

29th June 2013, 06:49 PM |#2392  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirend_6d

I changed the background in PhilZ recovery yesterday to Koush background in preferences. The background did get changed but now when I boot into recovery, there is always a message stating,

E:unknown volume for path [/res/images/koush.png]

O__O How did the image get applied to the background if it is not there only??

Thank you for the bug report. It is a cosmetic error message because there is no volume for /res (ramdisk path). I will fix it in next update

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2013, 06:54 PM |#2393  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,983

Donate to Me
More
Well hello I have made whole lot of flashable zip packages, but with your recovery none of them seems to work anymore, log is clean and my packages are fine, but the only zips I can flash not getting bootloop are whole roms. Could you point me to any specific way to sign zips to get this working? It never happened to me before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crtoff-sgs3-miuigalaxy.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.10 MB, 7 views)
29th June 2013, 07:09 PM |#2394  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZduneX25

Well hello I have made whole lot of flashable zip packages, but with your recovery none of them seems to work anymore, log is clean and my packages are fine, but the only zips I can flash not getting bootloop are whole roms. Could you point me to any specific way to sign zips to get this working? It never happened to me before.

Can you provide more info about your issue?
There is no reason it doesn't work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
29th June 2013, 07:46 PM |#2395  
Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
That would be a problem cause after flashing any zip I made phone freezes on bootlogo and pc does not recognize it, recovery log (advanced >show log) is just fine.
So I cannot find what is wrong, but like I said I never had such problem before your recovery. Moreover flashing zip attached above brings bootloop, pushing these files to whole rom and flashing the same way singed whole rom zip works good..
29th June 2013, 08:17 PM |#2396  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That would be a problem cause after flashing any zip I made phone freezes on bootlogo and pc does not recognize it, recovery log (advanced >show log) is just fine.
So I cannot find what is wrong, but like I said I never had such problem before your recovery. Moreover flashing zip attached above brings bootloop, pushing these files to whole rom and flashing the same way singed whole rom zip works good..

Maybe something related to this line
Code:
set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");
why do you recursively set perms instead of just setting what you need for files you flash?
In any case, I do not see something wrong related to my recovery
29th June 2013, 08:22 PM |#2397  
Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
set_perm_recursive has been created to avoid setting permissions file by file, in this case it's just two files, but many times I change multiple apks/jars, anyway whole rom has that line too and works well, i will try with different signature and will report back tomorrow
29th June 2013, 08:51 PM |#2398  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,920

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

set_perm_recursive has been created to avoid setting permissions file by file, in this case it's just two files, but many times I change multiple apks/jars, anyway whole rom has that line too and works well, i will try with different signature and will report back tomorrow

That's not a problem of recovery my polish friend . Take a look at your update-binary (eventually update-binary-installer in case of aroma) and also at script. Recovery is only a static image and isn't directly linked with any flashing options, it only gives a possibility for doing so through update-binary.
29th June 2013, 09:00 PM |#2399  
Thanks Meter: 914

More
Is there signed zip? I want to use 'adb sideload zipfile' to prevent Yellow Triangle / Red Exclamation Mark.
29th June 2013, 09:01 PM |#2400  
Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
@JustArchi I already tried 3 different binary files (it was my very first thought) with no luck. Am not yet blaming recovery, but I also have no problems when am using old not-touchy cwm 5.x
29th June 2013, 09:22 PM |#2401  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,920

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@JustArchi I already tried 3 different binary files (it was my very first thought) with no luck. Am not yet blaming recovery, but I also have no problems when am using old not-touchy cwm 5.x

PhilZ Recovery is being built from CWM 6.x sources so firstly take a look at original CWM 6.x. In case of problems - ask CWM team. If it work then yes, question to Phil .

Personally I didn't have any problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)