FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][WIP] different voices in Google Maps Navigation , NO ROOT NEEDED !

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By DaveDH, Member on 11th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2012, 09:59 PM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Den Haag
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Hey sorry to hear you just have an male voice .
Just like i said before , i do not know how it comes the sometimes the old/original voices keep ketting trough .

An possible solution for rooted roms is :
navigate to the folder
\mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.google.Android.apps.m aps\testdata\voice\nl_NL.28d598fc or en_Us or en_UK or whaterver trough an app like rootexlorer and delete al the .ogg files you find do this in every folder you see in
\mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.google.Android.apps.m aps\testdata\voice\ .
For me that did the trick pretty much each time . Due to some kind of mystery , rootexplorer shows the .ogg files in that folder and any other program on my windows or the stock file explorer app does not see those .ogg files .

an possible solution for the stock roms :
this may delete every stored adresses etc. !
Go to : Settings -aplicationsmanager ( something like that ) -all-maps , Stop the app , delete the data and clear the buffer . press the home button , and then start the navigation , but do not enter any adres or something like that , this so the navigation app can create the folder , then press home again and shut down the navigatin , then replace the voice_instructions.zip for the one i made and then it should work .
But like i said before , we encounterd some problems , problems that with one guy it works flawlessly and the other guy it did not work immidiatley . Even though the procedure was the same :S .

I am sorry i can not give you an waterproof how to , but that is the way the cookie crumbles , sometimes you'll get big chunks , some times small ones .

Just try the ways i discribed and play a little with that , i know for sure this shaal work .

And thanks for the tip of the intro , i tought it was kinda cool , but tommorow if i can find the time ( having an life ) i shall make one without the intro song .

Greets.

P.S.
I hope you all know that this isn.t the original Darth Vader voice , but the voice of TT Darth Vader .
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveDH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveDH Ad-Free

11th September 2012, 10:21 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Tbh I like the man's voice. I'm not sure if it's standard or you could change it already in gmaps but I like it. That stupid robotic woman's voice was awful so thanks for your work :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
10th October 2012, 08:07 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Need something for my German Navigation but nice work dude

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
11th October 2012, 04:01 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi guys, and thank you for the hard work. ive noticed that some of the files are indeed dart vader. yet some of the obb files ie. in onehundred yards are still a normal male voice. on the roundabout take the first exit however ius dart vader. so it seems a bit mixed up and most things spoken appear a normal male voice. am gonna have a go myself at finding the right ogg files to make up a complete folder. maybe bart or something. am likeing this threat, thanks
12th December 2012, 03:04 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Voices from Windows 6.5 Tom Tom
I have nearly every voice for Tom Tom but in windows 6.5 form... will that help? If so, let me know and I can Dropbox it.

Android for Life!
Samsung S3
11th January 2013, 08:26 AM |#26  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsum242

I have nearly every voice for Tom Tom but in windows 6.5 form... will that help? If so, let me know and I can Dropbox it.

Android for Life!
Samsung S3

As long as they are .ogg or .wav files they should be fine. Not sure if other formats will work but it seems like it will.

From what I can tell all that needs to be done is to rename the files to match the stock file names.
For example "Head north" is named .__1 for the stock file so all you have to do is find the file that says "Head north" or "Go north" or whatever verb it uses and rename that to .__1. Do that for every file then zip it up and put it in your folder and you should be good.

If you want to Dropbox it I can test this out and if it works we can provide the community with voice options. This should work on any phone since the file folders are the same and the app is the same. The only difference is the name of the folder where the voice files are stored since that is randomly generated.
3rd May 2013, 04:36 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsum242

Android for Life!
Samsung S3

Were you able to upload these anywhere or do they work for this?

I'm looking for a homer simpson version of this, or the sound files to make one.
2nd June 2013, 08:36 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up GLaDOS voice
There is a GLaDOS voice pack that you can get for the Garmin, and it is in .wav format. So all I would have to do is listen to all the files and rename them? Then replace stock with the new zip I made? That seems time consuming, but fairly easy...
6th June 2013, 02:35 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I really like this project!
I will have a look if I find the old TomTom voices on my old Windows phone to see if they are useable for this..

PS: German Voices!
2nd July 2013, 02:31 PM |#30  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 445

More
I'm very interested on this project... I will try to find a way to make it for spanish as the current "Google Navigation Experience" sucks bad in spanish... The voice is a creepy robotic female voice that makes me want to put my fingers through my eyes and move them in search of the part that handles my hearing (I think I might have over reacted in that one)...

Well, let's see if I can do anything
19th July 2013, 12:34 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Did you ever get that American English voice file you weer along for? If not Weber do you want me to send it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I really hate auto correct. That should be, where do you want me to send it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)