FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][WIP] different voices in Google Maps Navigation , NO ROOT NEEDED !

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By DaveDH, Member on 11th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2013, 12:34 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Did you ever get that American English voice file you weer along for? If not Weber do you want me to send it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I really hate auto correct. That should be, where do you want me to send it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

15th August 2013, 05:15 PM |#32  
Amarillo, TX
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Question still hitting a road block..
So, is this thread dead? i tried following the steps here (Galaxy Nexus Sprint) and no matter how many times i try adding the file for Darth Vader, i still get the woman's voice..im just trying to figure out what im doing wrong..ive changed the file in the following path:
storage/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps/testdata/voice/en_US.a3ef9dbb

i make sure its there but it still plays the womans voice..any ideas?
3rd July 2014, 05:17 PM |#33  

More
Unhappy
Won't work on my Gallaxy S5, can't found the folder.

edit:
Found it but it still won't work.
26th July 2014, 02:46 PM |#34  
Account currently disabled
Earth
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Guys am looking female gos nav voice from F320S lg g2
She has awesime accent !!
Pls whos got it post it here
Thnx
30th January 2015, 07:10 PM |#35  

More
An old thread, can anyone confirm this still works?
I tried doing exactly this in Gmaps v 9.3.0 (#903008124) but am having no success. All I'm getting is a Gmaps stopped working after I have replaced the .zip. I tried clearing cache, but that doesn't seem to make a difference :/
Can anyone confirm if this still works, if so, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT
Confirmed as still working if someone is intrested! Made a typical mistake of zipping my folder not only the contents.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sour Mango For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sour Mango Ad-Free
28th January 2016, 01:26 PM |#36  
Flag Agra
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Confused
approx 8 months ago I have heard Google had made some pact with Indian govtt. to provide voice in Hindi. But still I didn't get any option to hear voice in Hindi Language.
23rd August 2016, 10:04 AM |#37  

More
Not working for me
I downloaded the zip file of US metric system (en_US.f4cac31d) and replaced the voice-instruction.zip file
However I while navigating in Google Maps, I heard the default voice only. The new voice didn’t reflect.
I also cleared cache, it didn’t work.
Can you help me out with this?
I am from India and my device location, timezone is set to India.
23rd August 2016, 01:37 PM |#38  

More
I am facing the same problem. How did you solve it, it would be great help from you if you share the solution.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sour Mango

I tried doing exactly this in Gmaps v 9.3.0 (#903008124) but am having no success. All I'm getting is a Gmaps stopped working after I have replaced the .zip. I tried clearing cache, but that doesn't seem to make a difference :/

EDIT
Confirmed as still working if someone is intrested! Made a typical mistake of zipping my folder not only the contents.

I am facing the same problem. How did you solve it, it would be great help from you if you share the solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaydonga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaydonga Ad-Free
14th July 2017, 02:32 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sour Mango

EDIT

What do you mean "zipping my folder not only the contents"?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)