[May 23] Omni Based ROM

Search This thread

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
How? I mean did you flashed custom kernel?

Yep; same thing happened to me.

If you flashed a custom kernel that changes the ram disk I wouldn't be surprised if you get a boot loop. Omni has boot scripts specific to the ROM. Then I added a few of my own personal touches which also includes the cm9 no audio in call fix since I still get this problem. The age old fix still works.

As it is normally, you shouldn't get bootlops since I've been using this ROM since android 5.0 came out. I just didn't publish it.

Anyways, new weekly is up. Omni added the feature for the software navigation keys. Warning: I switched them back to the android 4.X look because I hate the minimalistic 5.x look. It's just not cutting it for me so don't be surprised if you see that.

sameer23

Aug 1, 2014
Sahiwal,Punjab,Pakistan
If you flashed a custom kernel that changes the ram disk I wouldn't be surprised if you get a boot loop. Omni has boot scripts specific to the ROM. Then I added a few of my own personal touches which also includes the cm9 no audio in call fix since I still get this problem. The age old fix still works.

As it is normally, you shouldn't get bootlops since I've been using this ROM since android 5.0 came out. I just didn't publish it.

Anyways, new weekly is up. Omni added the feature for the software navigation keys. Warning: I switched them back to the android 4.X look because I hate the minimalistic 5.x look. It's just not cutting it for me so don't be surprised if you see that.
I flashed it without custom kernel and it is not booting

acornkenya

Mar 19, 2009
Thika

I did not use a custom kernel, and the install was clean -- I wiped everything.
A new weekly? Cool! Let me give that a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Summarized Standard Disclaimer: use at your own risk.

This is a continuation of omni rom from @mcgi5sr2 To make this ROM, I've fetched sources from all across xda from nameless rom for the device specific stuff, to omnirom for the base rom, cyanogenmod for enhancements, and boeffla kernel for kernel enhancements. Very few of the additions are actually mine.

**Notice** This is not official omni for several reasons. It has quite a few cyanogenmod enhancements. The omni team is not fond of cyanogenmod and whether you are or note, you have to admit their additional features are useful. SELinux is disabled (permissive). It has caused me nothing but annoyances since I first installed fedora core 7. It's been more trouble to me than it's worth. If you want it, I will NOT be accepting pull requests for it. Please compile it on your own. On my desktop and laptop, it is fully disabled at the kernel level. (I compile the kernel manually for both to boot without an initial ram disk.)

Cyanogenmod enhancements include:
    • CM12 File Manager
    • CM11 Calculator (uglier but much more functional)
    • CM12 bash shell
    • CM12 nano text editor
    • CM12 discontinued Koush su
    • CM11 forward ported custom host name
    • CM12 music volume long press music control
    • CM12 ad hoc wifi detection
    • CM12 camera power shutter
    • CM12 open ssh utilities
    • CM12 trebuchet
    • CM12 custom app notification light colors
    • CM12 battery light on/off and custom colors

Boeffla kernel enhancements include:
    • Back/menu key backlight working and DON'T light up on every screen touch
    • 1.7GHz cpu oc
    • Undervolting
    • GPU 5 step
    • GPU sysfs support
    • GPU overclocking (by sysfs)

My own personal touches aren't that long:
    • Jellybean style toasts
    • Disabled selinux
    • (Other additions more applicable to P7510 (galaxy tab 10.1 1st gen rom)

Not working / never tested:
    • Plugging in the charger while off probably causes something weird
    • Not sure how SuperSU will react since Koush su is built into ramdisk init scripts

First time flashing MY omni 5.1.1
    • Make titantium backup (highly recommended)
    • Get twrp
    • Flash twrp (if not already done)
    • Reboot into twrp (if flashing twrp)
    • Make recovery backup (I usually don't)
    • Full wipe
    • Format system
    • Install rom
    • Install gapps
    • reboot
    • install adblocker (very highly recommended)

Subsequent flashes
    • Install ROM
    • install gapps
    • reboot into rom
    • reapply adblock
    The gapps backup recovery isn't run as it caused problems on my other rom at some point so I've never reenabled it since then.

Downloads: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=31615

Credits:
    • nameless team (device specific stuff)
    • Lord Boeffla (kernel enhancements)
    • Cyanogenmod and omni team (rom)

My github: https://github.com/AAccount?tab=repositories

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omni Based ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    AAccount
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Omni, Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-05-11
    Last Updated 2015-05-10
    FAQ:
    Nice. Since you've included some of boeffla kernel enhancements, do you have plans to add boeffla sound?
    Great work btw.

I think the stock nameless kernel already came with it.
    uploadfromtaptalk1431353487160.png

Supplied kernel comes with boeffla sound.