FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pac-Rom Kitkat for i9300(12-Oct-16)

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By pchatzop, Senior Member on 19th October 2016, 06:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a compile done for a friend, as he found lp/mm roms to be unbearably laggy,especially when using social media/chatting apps. Just thought it could help some folks hoping to run an updated kitkat in their old(but great) galaxy s3. After some usage, his words were: this phone is part of my hand again .

This is a straight compile from cm11 sources for i9300, with the pac-rom source code(the best kitkat custom rom imo). Battery life, performance and stability are truly superb. Sources merged on 12-Oct-16, therefore having the latest stagefright and other security patches built-in. Wifi-fix for i9300 is also integrated. The rom is working fine with the latest boeffla-kernel(2.14) released for cm11, and thats the tested and recommended configuration. Some useless apps removed(like voicedialer, whisperpush,moviestudio,pacconsole and some more i can not remember) and i also removed pac console from the rom configuration settings framework as well. Have fun using it.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!Vl4nnYrK!N1PYfctzA..._oAZe2tsGDXkAo

All credits go to cyanogenmod and pac-rom team for both their amazing roms and sources for i9300 and many other phones we use and love!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pchatzop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pchatzop Ad-Free

19th October 2016, 08:51 PM |#2  
Flag SAN FERNANDO
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Thanks you,!!

Screenshots?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
20th October 2016, 04:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Not having the phone means no screeshots . You can try it and put some up for everyone to see. You wont be disappointed.
21st October 2016, 02:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What about gapps?? We have to dwnload it?
21st October 2016, 03:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
This is a clean rom, no gapps,xposed, or other mods included. use opengapps.
31st October 2016, 03:44 AM |#6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Really appreciate your efforts here... Great work on this rom... everything working fine... If possible can you put some time looking into Archidroid 4.4.4... IMO it was the best rom our s3 could ever have.... It has some wakeblock issues that might get resolved if we update the sources. Again thanks for your effort. S3 community owes you!
31st October 2016, 11:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hi uninstall theme auto reboot! Please to fix
1st November 2016, 05:48 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0071

Hi uninstall theme auto reboot! Please to fix

This problem persist with the latest snapshot of cm 11 also... nly install themes that you like... doesnt affect the functionality of the rom having themes installed.
3rd November 2016, 09:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for this great ROM. The only issue I have is I cant get 3G to work. Any suggestions? Would be much appreciated...
4th November 2016, 11:42 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Its probably an APN problem, try inputting your carrier settings manually. 3g works fine on my friends' phone.
4th November 2016, 10:00 PM |#11  
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The rom is incredible but I need to restart my system with Wifi turned on so it can connect. If it disconnects (for any reason, disabling wifi, getting out of range etc), it only flashes "Connecting..." when connecting to the router again, but it doesn't connect
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)