FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EOL] [ROM] [5.1.1] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.9] [Excellent] [12/11/15] ArchiDroid V3.1.5

8,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 38,920

By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th July 2013, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JustArchi: This is the development thread. If you have any non-development related questions, use FAQ / Q&A thread!
12th September 2013, 02:26 PM |#1001  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Hey Archi, just trying out your build to compare to Tema's. Do you update with every release he does or just every few? Thanks for your hard work, seems really good so far!

12th September 2013, 02:27 PM |#1002  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 85,612

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman122

Hey Archi, just trying out your build to compare to Tema's. Do you update with every release he does or just every few? Thanks for your hard work, seems really good so far!

Don't compare.

Don't spoil me & @JustArchi friendship

Lolz
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift temasek Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:39 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 3,574

More
Quote:

Do you update with every release he does or just every few?

Generally speaking, it's a weekly build, but in some cases don't expect regular updates till @JustArchi legitimize the new build it's completely done and bugs free.

Anyway, give it a try, it's worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to malachow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift malachow Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 03:13 PM |#1004  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 550

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachow

Generally speaking, it's a weekly build, but in some cases don't expect regular updates till @JustArchi legitimize the new build it's completely done and bugs free.

In the experimental branch in his github, there are always latest changes of temasek's rom and kernel, and all apps that the rom includes are up to date

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kofe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kofe Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 03:24 PM |#1005  
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek

Don't compare.

Lolz

Haha I'll keep the results to myself

Quote:

Sounds good! Have to keep my flashaholism at bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofe

In the experimental branch in his github, there are always latest changes of temasek's rom and kernel, and all apps that the rom includes are up to date

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh okay cool, if only I knew how to use Git haha
12th September 2013, 03:27 PM |#1006  

More
Quote:

Ahh okay cool, if only I knew how to use Git haha

Check out this instruction written in #1 post by @JustArchi, it's not so complicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

GitHub / Versioning / Experimental Versions

ArchiDroid version contains 3 numbers. X.Y.Z. X is the base number of the rom. For now it won't change because ArchiDroid 1 is based on Sammy Rom and ArchiDroid 2 is based on CyanogenMod. Basically we have two numbers left, Y and Z. Y number will change when I'll implement something really new, when I'll make some advanced improvements or after many Z changes. Z number is the "standard" update, like updated sources, some bugfixes and so on.

I've learned many things since releasing of first ArchiDroid 1.0.0. Because of that I've also created a GitHub repository, which you can find here. What does it mean for you? First of all as you can see there are 4 different branches. 1.X-STABLE, 1.X-EXPERIMENTAL, 2.X-STABLE and 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL. What does it mean? You can enter selected branch and click on "Commits" button to see every single update which I've made to selected branch. Experimental branches will get updates nearly every single day, especially 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL because of many CM changes and updates. Additionally after some tests I'll merge current 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL into 2.X-STABLE every week and provide as "weekly update", of course if current experimental will be stable enough to do so.

However that doesn't mean you need to wait for my updates! You can easily "pack" latest experimental and flash without needing to wait for my weekly build. I'll tell you how to download and flash it by yourself.
You can see differences between current stable and experimental here.

[Newbie Version]
1. Open 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL branch.
2. Click on Download Zip button located in bottom-right corner.
3. Install 7-Zip if you don't have that already. Other programs may, or may not work correctly.
4. Right-Click on zip, select Extract Here
5. Navigate to newly created ArchiDroid-2.X-EXPERIMENTAL folder
6. Select all files WITHOUT __dont_include folder, right-click and select 7-Zip => Add to archive
7. Make sure that you have zip format, Fastest compression (to save some megabytes) and Deflate method of compression.
8. Voila, copy newly created ArchiDroid-2.X-EXPERIMENTAL.zip to your phone and flash as usual.

[Expert Version]
1. Install Git for Windows or Linux
2. If you're on windows then make sure that windows won't change LF into CRLF (git config --global core.autocrlf false)
3. Clone my git repository using .git file. You can append --branch 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL --single-branch to download only specific branch.
4. Select all files WITHOUT __dont_include folder zip them into standard .zip format with Deflate compression or without any compression.
5. Copy .zip to your phone and flash as usual
6. In order to update your local repo execute git pull origin 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL and go to point 4.

Then, as @kofe said, you'll be able to achieve always up to date stuff, cause, as you will probably recognize, @JustArchi is freakn' hardworking githubholic.
12th September 2013, 03:44 PM |#1007  
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:

Check out this instruction written in #1 post by @JustArchi, it's not so complicated.

Then, as @kofe said, you'll be able to achieve always up to date stuff, cause, as you will probably recognize, @JustArchi is freakn' hardworking githubholic.

Oh wow, that seems wayy easier than what I was expecting. Thanks so much! Didn't even look at that on the 1st page expecting it to be something I had no clue about haha
12th September 2013, 03:55 PM |#1008  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi all,
Loving the rom just one issue I have.
Some idiot I work with was fiddling with my phone and turned off boeffla sound, and now it's lost all the presets! How can I get them back?
12th September 2013, 03:58 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:

Oh wow, that seems wayy easier than what I was expecting. Thanks so much! Didn't even look at that on the 1st page expecting it to be something I had no clue about haha

One more piece of advise, it may occure that you're computer/telephone browser will fail to download experimental version using that first option from instruction called "Newbie Version" - do not let it dispirit yourself, it's normal behaviour, just try the other method signed as "Expert Version", it will definitely solve a problem.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiegoldsworthy

Hi all,
Loving the rom just one issue I have.
Some idiot I work with was fiddling with my phone and turned off boeffla sound, and now it's lost all the presets! How can I get them back?

Maybe try reflashing AD with option update archidroid(which won't delate any of your data) along with choosing in aroma's section audio mods again boeffla sound control.
12th September 2013, 04:09 PM |#1010  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 1,224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek

Don't compare.

Lolz

Nah we all dont want that. We both just love how you work as a team
12th September 2013, 04:14 PM |#1011  
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:

One more piece of advise, it may occure that you're computer/telephone browser will fail to download experimental version using that first option from instruction called "Newbie Version" - do not let it dispirit yourself, it's normal behaviour, just try the other method signed as "Expert Version", it will definitely solve a problem. [COLOR="Silver"]

Oh okay, it worked for me, flashing it now with newbie version but will keep that in mind Thanks for the advice everyone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.x, archidroid, excellent, flexible, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)