ArchiDroid version contains 3 numbers. X.Y.Z. X is the base number of the rom. For now it won't change because ArchiDroid 1 is based on Sammy Rom and ArchiDroid 2 is based on CyanogenMod. Basically we have two numbers left, Y and Z. Y number will change when I'll implement something really new, when I'll make some advanced improvements or after many Z changes. Z number is the "standard" update, like updated sources, some bugfixes and so on.
I've learned many things since releasing of first ArchiDroid 1.0.0. Because of that I've also created a GitHub repository
, which you can find here
. What does it mean for you? First of all as you can see there are 4 different branches. 1.X-STABLE
. What does it mean? You can enter selected branch and click on "Commits" button to see every single update which I've made to selected branch. Experimental branches will get updates nearly every single day
, especially 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL because of many CM changes and updates. Additionally after some tests I'll merge current 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL into 2.X-STABLE every week
and provide as "weekly update", of course if current experimental will be stable enough to do so.
However that doesn't mean you need to wait for my updates! You can easily "pack" latest experimental and flash without needing to wait for my weekly build. I'll tell you how to download and flash it by yourself.
You can see differences between current stable and experimental here
1. Open 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL
2. Click on Download Zip button located in bottom-right corner.
3. Install 7-Zip if you don't have that already. Other programs may, or may not work correctly.
4. Right-Click on zip, select Extract Here
5. Navigate to newly created ArchiDroid-2.X-EXPERIMENTAL folder
6. Select all files WITHOUT
__dont_include folder, right-click and select 7-Zip => Add to archive
7. Make sure that you have zip format
compression (to save some megabytes) and Deflate
method of compression.
8. Voila, copy newly created ArchiDroid-2.X-EXPERIMENTAL.zip to your phone and flash as usual.
1. Install Git for Windows or Linux
2. If you're on windows then make sure that windows won't change LF into CRLF (git config --global core.autocrlf false
3. Clone my git repository using .git file. You can append --branch 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL --single-branch
to download only specific branch.
4. Select all files WITHOUT
__dont_include folder zip them into standard .zip format with Deflate compression or without any compression.
5. Copy .zip to your phone and flash as usual
6. In order to update your local repo execute git pull origin 2.X-EXPERIMENTAL
and go to point 4.