FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EOL] [ROM] [5.1.1] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.9] [Excellent] [12/11/15] ArchiDroid V3.1.5

8,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 38,920

By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th July 2013, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JustArchi: This is the development thread. If you have any non-development related questions, use FAQ / Q&A thread!
18th July 2013, 11:15 PM |#101  
Flag Carlisle
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Maybe soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

If you mean Sammy 4.2.2 - No, no way to do that for now because we don't have any custom kernel to work with. Especially with dualboot feature.

Will it / is it being worked on?

On a seperate note - I's it possible to use a music track as a ringtone with this Rom, I cant see how to do it.?

18th July 2013, 11:43 PM |#102  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raylogic

Will it / is it being worked on?

On a seperate note - I's it possible to use a music track as a ringtone with this Rom, I cant see how to do it.?

Did you look at settings => sound? Noone reported any issues with that yet.

About Sammy's 4.2.2 - It'll be possible to add support but firstly we need to get sources from Samsung and that will be after about a week of official release, so not that fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
18th July 2013, 11:55 PM |#103  
Flag Carlisle

More
Moved
Quote:

Did you look at settings => sound? Noone reported any issues with that yet.

About Sammy's 4.2.2 - It'll be possible to add support but firstly we need to get sources from Samsung and that will be after about a week of official release, so not that fast.

I moved the music track I wanted to select as a ringtone to the system/media/audio rebooted phone then went into normal settings as you directed but it is not listed in the phone ringtone list. Furtehr investigation those files are .ogg whereas my soundtrack is a .flac. Guess thats the problem?

How do I make it a ogg file
19th July 2013, 12:03 AM |#104  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I moved the music track I wanted to select as a ringtone to the system/media/audio rebooted phone then went into normal settings as you directed but it is not listed in the phone ringtone list. Furtehr investigation those files are .ogg whereas my soundtrack is a .flac. Guess thats the problem?

How do I make it a ogg file

CyanogenMod supports FLAC afaik.
And BTW afaik it's not required to move files in order to make it ringtones. There should be such option in music player.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
19th July 2013, 12:48 AM |#105  
Flag Carlisle

More
give up
Quote:

CyanogenMod supports FLAC afaik.
And BTW afaik it's not required to move files in order to make it ringtones. There should be such option in music player.

haha I'm getting old, cant get that to work at all - cant even find the stock music app!

...lol

Give up.

R.
19th July 2013, 12:52 AM |#106  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

haha I'm getting old, cant get that to work at all - cant even find the stock music app!

...lol

Give up.

R.

Apollo?
19th July 2013, 01:02 AM |#107  
Flag Carlisle

More
oops chuckle
Quote:

Apollo?

erm ok well that works now I have my favourite advert of the moment as my ringtone

http://tinyurl.com/nq4z6cn

19th July 2013, 01:09 AM |#108  
Flag Carlisle

More
screen mirroring cntinued?
Ok so continuing in my efforts to have the screen mirroring function to work on one of my roms

On the googleplay samsung appstore app I found listed 7. allsharecast dongle S/W Update, 29mb update!! from April 2013.

So downloaded and when installing I get the attached.

Work that one out :P

R.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-19-00-06-49.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	2126520  
19th July 2013, 02:15 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
And this wakelock?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
19th July 2013, 03:41 AM |#110  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
@raylogic
Are you sure that it works on other CM-based roms? Allshare is for stock roms only afaik so you won't be able to use it, there are some alternatives which work on CM.

@fc_sobral
Same thing as before, something wakes PhoneApp whole the time, do you have something like Proximity Screen Off or any app which would cause that? Please make sure that you disable fast dormancy, as this is probably your issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
19th July 2013, 02:04 PM |#111  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Feedback after one week of using this ROM:

1. f***ing love it! moves incredibly fast and stripped of sammy bloatware, full of useful features, lovely.
2. sometimes some glitches with some apps (don't know if it's a ROM problem or app problem, but with other ROMs I had no problem). Sometimes, phone freezes and I have to wait several seconds until I get an app error, I close the app and move forward
3. battery life is not so spectacular as with other ROMs. For example, I get around 15-16 hours in one charge with my usage pattern. With Sotmax ROM, for example, I was able to get 22-24 hours in one charge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.x, archidroid, excellent, flexible, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)