FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EOL] [ROM] [5.1.1] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.9] [Excellent] [12/11/15] ArchiDroid V3.1.5

8,740 posts
Thanks Meter: 38,920
 
By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 7th July 2013, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JustArchi: This is the development thread. If you have any non-development related questions, use FAQ / Q&A thread!
6th March 2014, 05:55 PM |#5001  
JustArchi's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,920
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiel91

Hey archi,
after last update Miscellaneous settings in boeffla config was reset all to off.
the default that was used was perfect for me, can you please tell me which switches should be turned on?

the ones i remembered are "speaker tuning" and "dac direct"
the other switches i don't remember what their status was, nor the "stereo expansion" option setting.

http://s18.postimg.org/waxpfyts9/Scr...6_17_52_15.png

thanks

Why you won't load my preset from boeffla-data, it's already here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncenter

I have two problems with this ROM (with Boeffla Kernel)

1. How to lower the speaker's volume during the call? Even on the lowest position it is definitely too loud!

2. When sb is calling to me, the screen wakes up after about 3-4 seconds. It is unacceptable...

1. Can't reproduce your issue, speaker's volume during call is pretty normal to me, change modem perhaps?

2. Also, it wakes up immediately. Turn off ZRAM, change kernel.
 
 
6th March 2014, 08:49 PM |#5002  
Junior Member
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Why you won't load my preset from boeffla-data, it's already here.



1. Can't reproduce your issue, speaker's volume during call is pretty normal to me, change modem perhaps?

2. Also, it wakes up immediately. Turn off ZRAM, change kernel.

Ok, so a few more questions...

1. Where could i find other modem?

2. Where could i turn off ZRAM? Could I flash some kernel from your ROM's extracted ZIP by recovery? Because I don't know where i can find some kernels suitable for your ROM.
6th March 2014, 09:19 PM |#5003  
JustArchi's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,920
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncenter

Ok, so a few more questions...

1. Where could i find other modem?

2. Where could i turn off ZRAM? Could I flash some kernel from your ROM's extracted ZIP by recovery? Because I don't know where i can find some kernels suitable for your ROM.

Man, did you even look at aroma? You have bunch of kernels proposed, you just need to reflash with update option in order to apply new kernel.

About modems - everywhere, read stickies.
6th March 2014, 10:29 PM |#5004  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Ran into an issue on 2.3.8 whereby I get an annoying background hiss through headphones. Seems to be when screen is on. Is worse when using Boeffla kernel (real shame as Boeffla has the better Sound reproduction in my opinion) but I get it in Devil and GoogMax2 (all loaded via aroma & using Archi presets where available.

DAC Direct is on which is usually the fix for this issue in CM11 but issue remains. Do not have the issue when using ANY stock rom.

Have tried full wipe and reload from scratch each time diff kernel tried but still no joy.

Any suggestions?
7th March 2014, 10:27 AM |#5005  
KOLJACK's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Salute to You JustArchi,
ROM v2.3.8 is JustGreat in first touch...
Ultra fast, smooth, tons of options, just lack of words to describe Greatness of Your hard work.
Thanked You by Button
In this full bucket of honey i found some bitter issues...

1. Battery Drain (BBS log attached)
Kernel: Stock, pegasusq, cfq - no apk's running, just stand by...
(more than 30% drain in less than 12 hours, with no WiFi, no Mobile Data turned on, no BT, and 5-6 talks for less then 3 minutes...)

2. front speaker - sound during calls is very loud, sometimes sound becomes a bit noisy, +/- keys no affecting this issue
- I'm not a DEV, but I think it might be ROM deep setting to check...

3. happened once: when phone was plugged to charger...
after I've received incoming call, sound in speaker was one big noise
after ending call, no sound at all when calling...
restarting phone didn't help... What helped: reflashing ROM

Greetings from country mate in Warsaw
7th March 2014, 12:49 PM |#5006  
Mostafa Wael's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 4,508
 
More
Angry
Hey Archi,
Heads up!!!! I see a slight decrease in smoothness
Also antutu gives me a 22.9k while giving me a solid 23K on antutu on other ROMs
When comparing the both scores in details, I find that Archidroid gives a 5.3k in 3D graphics while other ROMs give a 5.6k and a 5.7k
I remember it was very smooth in the 2.3.7 STABLE release. When moving to the 2.3.8 STABLE it was a bit less smooth. Even on last experimental.
Rather than that the best ROM ever in terms of responsiveness, flexibility and stability (even on experimental builds)
So I hope you take my opinion in consideration to make this ROM better and better
Keep up the good work Archi
Hope you the best..
Thanks for such an amazing project.
Yours,
Mostafa wael
An Archidroid fan!
7th March 2014, 01:58 PM |#5007  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLJACK

2. front speaker - sound during calls is very loud, sometimes sound becomes a bit noisy, +/- keys no affecting this issue
- I'm not a DEV, but I think it might be ROM deep setting to check...

+1
Same thing here...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 04:04 PM |#5008  
JustArchi's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,920
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa Wael

Hey Archi,
Heads up!!!! I see a slight decrease in smoothness
Also antutu gives me a 22.9k while giving me a solid 23K on antutu on other ROMs
When comparing the both scores in details, I find that Archidroid gives a 5.3k in 3D graphics while other ROMs give a 5.6k and a 5.7k
I remember it was very smooth in the 2.3.7 STABLE release. When moving to the 2.3.8 STABLE it was a bit less smooth. Even on last experimental.
Rather than that the best ROM ever in terms of responsiveness, flexibility and stability (even on experimental builds)
So I hope you take my opinion in consideration to make this ROM better and better
Keep up the good work Archi
Hope you the best..
Thanks for such an amazing project.
Yours,
Mostafa wael
An Archidroid fan!

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark. I can feel a lot of difference between 2.3.7 and 2.3.8 in terms of speed, and I'm pretty sure that it's not only me.

For example, recent --as-needed flag forces every binary to load "faster", and load required binaries "when they're required". So consider two scenarios:

Stock:
1. Binary loading [3 seconds] -> 2. Binary ready -> 3. Antutu starts counting -> 4. Rendering

ArchiDroid:
1. Binary loading [1 second] -> 2. Binary ready -> 3. Antutu starts counting -> 4. Binary loads required libs [1 second] -> 5. Rendering
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 05:55 PM |#5009  
Mostafa Wael's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 4,508
 
More
Angry
Maybe its just a placebo effect.
And I noticed how responsive archidroid is so that's why I am still on Archidroid... Hehehehe
Just keep it up!
Best ROM everrrr!!!!!
Oh I want to ask a question..
There is a kernel named "AGNI" which also supports f2fs filesystem which I want to try it out for a while. But it is not listed in the available kernels.
What should I do?????
Thx!
7th March 2014, 07:11 PM |#5010  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666pluto

The above question & a new one:
while on while on archidroid 1.X, I was able to connect the phone to my car using the bluetooth. after moving to 2.3.8 version (after full wipe), bluetooth in the phone is working fine, just not recognizing the one in my car (it says to devices detected)! is this a known problem? is there a fix somehow?

thanks.

It has been mentioned by JustArchi that the ADv2.x.x may have compatibility issues with blue tooth. It is due to Samsung not releasing proper drivers. 1.x.x will have better support in most cases. Not sure if there are any other solutions aside from switching back to 1.x.x. Good luck. You may want to read do a forum search on your particular blue tooth system to see if there's some solution out there, because the problem is not caused by the rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLJACK

Salute to You JustArchi,
ROM v2.3.8 is JustGreat in first touch...
Ultra fast, smooth, tons of options, just lack of words to describe Greatness of Your hard work.
Thanked You by Button
In this full bucket of honey i found some bitter issues...

1. Battery Drain (BBS log attached)
Kernel: Stock, pegasusq, cfq - no apk's running, just stand by...
(more than 30% drain in less than 12 hours, with no WiFi, no Mobile Data turned on, no BT, and 5-6 talks for less then 3 minutes...)

2. front speaker - sound during calls is very loud, sometimes sound becomes a bit noisy, +/- keys no affecting this issue
- I'm not a DEV, but I think it might be ROM deep setting to check...

3. happened once: when phone was plugged to charger...
after I've received incoming call, sound in speaker was one big noise
after ending call, no sound at all when calling...
restarting phone didn't help... What helped: reflashing ROM

Greetings from country mate in Warsaw

I'm honestly not good at reading bbs logs. But i have a few suggestions:
1. Boeffla kernel is highly recommended for battery
2. try the Ultra power saver version
3. Rom sometimes takes a few days/cycles to settle
4. Use a battery calibration app.
Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
7th March 2014, 09:34 PM |#5011  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Flash with stock kernel.

i tried and it didnt work out still no wifi. Also changed the location of wifi's to europe still nothing. No problems with 1.7.4 version tho
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.x, archidroid, excellent, flexible, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes