Thanks Meter: 13,789

By firebird11, Recognized Contributor on 12th December 2016, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2017, 08:36 AM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 1,183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdaCsknn

Battery draining so fast.Can someone help about this problem?

Remove your battery and see if you can spin it easily on a table. ~If you can, it means that the battery is swollen and is dying.

Once the stock battery starts to fail, it drains faster than it charges.

16th March 2017, 08:45 AM |#492  
Flag Edirne
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltics

Remove your battery and see if you can spin it easily on a table. ~If you can, it means that the battery is swollen and is dying.

Once the stock battery starts to fail, it drains faster than it charges.

This is not a problem on a Sam based ROMs only happening on 5.0-7.1.I switch it an hour ago and I had 2.5 hours screen on time on 4.3.
16th March 2017, 08:53 AM |#493  

More
Quote:

This is not a problem on a Sam based ROMs only happening on 5.0-7.1.I switch it an hour ago and I had 2.5 hours screen on time on 4.3.

Well I posted screenshots yesterday showing that after a clean install of crDroid 2.4, I could run my device for 36 hours with power save turned on.

So it is not the ROM.
16th March 2017, 09:00 AM |#494  
Flag Edirne

More
Quote:

Well I posted screenshots yesterday showing that after a clean install of crDroid 2.4, I could run my device for 36 hours with power save turned on.

So it is not the ROM.

This is why Im trying to solve problem because when I switch to non Samsung based Roms this problem occurs.I looked at statistics you sended and it looks like something going wrong on Cyanogen and Los based ROMs on my device.I'm not blaming the ROM just trying to solve this problem.
16th March 2017, 09:08 AM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thx for that great rom, 2.4 is running superb!

Still having trouble with my 3G signal and I wonder if it could be a broken antenna? Is it possible to check the antenna?

Or could it be a wrong modem, I'm in germany and on I9300XXUGNA8? Is this the right Modem? What are you guys using. Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the problem is still a big battery drain when switching to 3G, and the 3G Signal never gets more then 50%. 2G is fine.
16th March 2017, 09:08 AM |#496  

More
Quote:

This is why Im trying to solve problem because when I switch to non Samsung based Roms this problem occurs.I looked at statistics you sended and it looks like something going wrong on Cyanogen and Los based ROMs on my device.I'm not blaming the ROM just trying to solve this problem.

When I was running Temasek's CM13 based ROM, I demonstrated that completely wiping all internal storage, removing all the junk and possible spyware, significantly improved battery life.

Try running the ROM in safe mode and see how it runs. If battery life is much better then you know that some third party app or spyware on your device is causing the problem. You could also run a virus/malware app to see if there is a problem.

When running Temasek's CM13 ROM, I had one playstore app which was affecting sound quality on telephone calls. IEventually I discovered which app it was. I removed it and the problem was fixed.
16th March 2017, 09:10 AM |#497  
Flag Satu Mare
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I also don't have any battery drain problem, one charge will last for a whole day of moderate usage, at 22-23 PM I still have ~30% battery available.
For the first time I have tried out some moderate undervoltage for both cpu and gpu but it doesn't turned out pretty well, I had some self reboots in standby mode. Worth to mention I am using the "Suspend actions" - mobile data off when screen off, this has replaced and app I was using before (Auto 3g). The problem with "suspend actions" feature is that it doesn't allow periodic data sync, Auto 3G has that feature, letting you sync data for a desired time periodically.
16th March 2017, 09:21 AM |#498  
Flag Edirne

More
Quote:

When I was running Temasek's CM13 based ROM, I demonstrated that completely wiping all internal storage, removing all the junk and possible spyware, significantly improved battery life.

Try running the ROM in safe mode and see how it runs. If battery life is much better then you know that some third party app or spyware on your device is causing the problem. You could also run a virus/malware app to see if there is a problem.

When running Temasek's CM13 ROM, I had one playstore app which was affecting sound quality on telephone calls. IEventually I discovered which app it was. I removed it and the problem was fixed.

OK let me try the safe mod.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3des

I also don't have any battery drain problem, one charge will last for a whole day of moderate usage, at 22-23 PM I still have ~30% battery available.
For the first time I have tried out some moderate undervoltage for both cpu and gpu but it doesn't turned out pretty well, I had some self reboots in standby mode. Worth to mention I am using the "Suspend actions" - mobile data off when screen off, this has replaced and app I was using before (Auto 3g). The problem with "suspend actions" feature is that it doesn't allow periodic data sync, Auto 3G has that feature, letting you sync data for a desired time periodically.

Cant add attachments to the my latest reply so I'm writing new message.I wiped fully my phone so much so that's not the point.Do you know any app which I can see what's draining my battery?
16th March 2017, 09:30 AM |#499  
Flag Satu Mare

More
BetterBatteryStats in Play store, but it's not free, try to look for similar apps. But in many cases Battery section in Settings will give you the needed info.

edit: there is also xda edition, you can download it here https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...0&d=1483785763
16th March 2017, 10:02 AM |#500  
Flag Edirne

More
I just don't get it it is bad or not but feels bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170316-120101.png
Views:	226
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	4076713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170316-120052.png
Views:	236
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	4076714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170316-120026.png
Views:	232
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	4076715  
16th March 2017, 01:12 PM |#501  
Flag Satu Mare

More
Why is that you screen on time was 90%, did you run some test?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)