By firebird11, Recognized Contributor on 12th December 2016, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th March 2017, 07:24 AM |#511  
Flag Satu Mare
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdaCsknn

Idling 5 hours and drained %20 without using.So that's what I am saying about drainage.

You can try using Greenify, if you have root it can handle system apps also.
I will try to test ro run idle power consumption tonight and let you know about it.
As for sound, volume and EQ settings, I am very satisfied with Boeffla kernel audio enhacements. I always increase minimum cpu frequency to 300.

17th March 2017, 07:53 AM |#512  
Flag Macau
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

In my opinion after 4.4 I just can't use these ROMs as a daily driver so its better just get back to the outdated 4.3.I'm always giving a chance but I'm always dlssappointing.And only problem is not the drainage.Distorted and low volume and some codec failures on browsers video players.Minor fps problems on 3d games.I think our devices can handle the latest OSes but not without Samsung s own drivers and software.

I have the same feeling as well. In KitKat, animation lags during app transitions, but the animation is a lot better in nougat. However, 3d games like mc5 is simply unplayable.
17th March 2017, 08:39 AM |#513  
Flag Edirne
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3des

You can try using Greenify, if you have root it can handle system apps also.
I will try to test ro run idle power consumption tonight and let you know about it.
As for sound, volume and EQ settings, I am very satisfied with Boeffla kernel audio enhacements. I always increase minimum cpu frequency to 300.

Tried Boeffla kernel yesterday and sound was still low and distorted.Tried to change some values in system files for audio but nothing helped(or at least I couldnt find it).Tried Viper and lowered bass and helped a little bit.Normally I can hear at %50 while watching something on Youtube but on cyanogen roms sometimed even %100 not enough.Multi tasking and surfing things faster than ever but I tried all Cyanogenmod and sam based roms since they are released and my main thinking is after 4.4 Roms these Roms are not for daily usage.
17th March 2017, 09:28 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 1,183

More
Quote:

Tried Boeffla kernel yesterday and sound was still low and distorted.Tried to change some values in system files for audio but nothing helped(or at least I couldnt find it).Tried Viper and lowered bass and helped a little bit.Normally I can hear at %50 while watching something on Youtube but on cyanogen roms sometimed even %100 not enough.Multi tasking and surfing things faster than ever but I tried all Cyanogenmod and sam based roms since they are released and my main thinking is after 4.4 Roms these Roms are not for daily usage.

They are very suitable for daily use as mobile phones. They are not suitable for use as a kids games console or for playing streaming video hour after hour.

For those functions one need a OnePlus 3T or better.

My 5 year old daughter can watch kids youtube all day on her Yoga phablet, without recharging the battery. Not sure it has enough memory for games, though.
17th March 2017, 09:56 AM |#515  
Flag Edirne
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltics

They are very suitable for daily use as mobile phones. They are not suitable for use as a kids games console or for playing streaming video hour after hour.

For those functions one need a OnePlus 3T or better.

My 5 year old daughter can watch kids youtube all day on her Yoga phablet, without recharging the battery. Not sure it has enough memory for games, though.

You are talking about a stock phablet.What I am saying is these roms are stable (mostly) but has problems in it caused by user created drivers.Because your S3 looks like working normal.But mine and maybe some others has these problems.If im not wrong there are some different manufacturers for wifi and what I see my problem caused mostly by wifi wakelocks.
18th March 2017, 05:48 PM |#516  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
H to all again
In the quick settings there are not sound settings as mute vibration etc , I had searched all the tiles am I missing something?
And somethng else although I had all volumes presets at 100% sound escecially system sounds are much lower that I have in my previous rom
Thanks in advance
18th March 2017, 06:10 PM |#517  
Flag Zgharta
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papatzis

H to all again
In the quick settings there are not sound settings as mute vibration etc , I had searched all the tiles am I missing something?
And somethng else although I had all volumes presets at 100% sound escecially system sounds are much lower that I have in my previous rom
Thanks in advance

+1
18th March 2017, 08:58 PM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
whenever I switch from one wifi network to another wifi network my phone freezes?
facing the same issue since v2.2
any way to fix it?
18th March 2017, 10:32 PM |#519  
Flag Haren (Ems)
Thanks Meter: 668

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsfreak

whenever I switch from one wifi network to another wifi network my phone freezes?
facing the same issue since v2.2
any way to fix it?

No problems at all. On 2.4 now. I use 'WiFi manager' to switch automatically between my 5 networks. Also use 2.4 on my S4, same setup, no problems.

Sent from one of my Sammy devices
The Following User Says Thank You to Kippy51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kippy51 Ad-Free
19th March 2017, 09:37 AM |#520  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy51

No problems at all. On 2.4 now. I use 'WiFi manager' to switch automatically between my 5 networks. Also use 2.4 on my S4, same setup, no problems.

Sent from one of my Sammy devices

I will try wifi manager
and check whether the issue gets resolved or not
19th March 2017, 02:18 PM |#521  

More
so I did try wifi manager but still I am facing the same freeze issue?
any way to fix it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)