V4.05: Not much news, everybody is working on Android 4.4 KitKat. This version has only updated to newest CM10.2 sources.
WARNING: CM10.2 / Android 4.3 has problems with the APN settings. If you cannot get 3G data connection, you need to add the APN manually. Follow the advice in this post on XDA.
To enable the navigation buttons in the status bar:
- Settings->Interface->Expanded desktop->select "Status bar visible"
- Settings->Interface->Status bar->check "Enable Navigation in status bar"
- Press power button to get power menu ->click on "Expanded desktop"
To enable brightness control by swyping on the status bar:
- Settings->Display->Brightness->disable automatic brightness control
- Settings->Interface->Status bar->check “Brightness control”
What's this about?
It is based on Android 4.3 and CM10.2 source code and flavoured to my own needs.
I build this ROM from sources for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500/GT-P7501/GT-P7510/GT-P7511), the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) and (if my wife gives it back to me) the Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).
What's the difference to Cyanogenmod CM10.2?
Initial differences to generic CM10.2 are:
- Ganbarou wallpaper
- Ganbarou bootanimation
- Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg)
- Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu
- Navigation buttons can be placed left, right or centered on the lower bar
- Added TitaniumBackup (in appsdata) for quick restore after you installed a new ROM
- Added GooManager for updates of the ROM
- Added JellyBean 4.3 compatible Google apps
- Edited APN list to cover Softbank Japan
- Adds free hosts file
- Removed Cyanogenmod initialisation app
- Removed Cyanogenmod updater
- Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers
- Removed all live wallpapers
What are your risks with this ROM?
#include std_disclaimer.h; /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * If you do not understand the instructions how to flash the ROM move on * and don't blame me if your device is bricked afterwords. */
- Get the ROM
From my homepage
- Copy it to your internal SDcard
- Reboot the tablet into recovery mode (CWM or TWRP, both works if you have the latest version)
- In case you come from a ROM that is not Android 4.3 then a factory reset / full wipe is necessary. I recommend a full wipe in any case to get a clean installation.
- Flash the ROM
- Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
Obviously you skipped the "How to install" section. Check a few lines above for the instructions and download links.
If you are interested to build the ROM fresh from sources you can checkout my repository on Github.
Cyanogenmod (source) infamousAOKP (kernel)
Changelog V4.05 Update: latest CM10.2 sources.
Changelog V4.04 Update: latest CM10.2 sources. Fix for tablet: WiFi connection problems (thanks to aaccount findings) Added build for GT-I9300 (Samsung Galaxy S3 Int.) Changelog V4.03 Update: latest CM10.2 sources. Update: New Android version: V 4.3.1. Feature Tablet: Statusbar navigation menu button only visible if necessary. Feature Tablet: Statusbar navigation back button changes when keyboard is open. V4.02 Update: latest CM10.2 sources. Feature Tablet: Navigation bar on right side of top bar in expanded desktop mode if enabled in Settings Feature Tablet: Brightness control by swiping on status bar enabled for tablets Update Tablet: Use latest infamous kernel source V4.01 2013-09-19 Update: latest CM10.2 sources. Update: latest ads free hosts file BugFix: Camera now working on Galaxy Tab 10.1 V4.00 2013-09-14 Initial: first build based on CM10.2. Feature: Ganbarou wallpaper Feature: Ganbarou bootanimation Feature: Ganbarou About screen (Ganbarou changelog, Ganbarou version, Ganbarou easter egg) Feature: Reboot and Recovery on top level of power menu Feature: Navigation buttons can be placed left, right or centered on the lower bar
No big differences to CM10.2.