FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which root method do you prefer?

SuperSU (flash yourself)

50 Vote(s)
48.08%
Built-in (enable in dev-options)

54 Vote(s)
51.92%

[EOL][ROM][I9300][SaberMod][v12.3] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13

961 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,789

By Darkened_Sky, Senior Member on 5th January 2016, 11:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Darkened_Sky: !EOL!
14th March 2016, 09:06 AM |#1411  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, guys! I have a question for you...do you suggest install this ROM for everyday usage? Because I want to install it to my friend who says that the stock 4.3 is lagging 😉...and I don't wanna to be seen as an idiot after flashing 😂. He is not interested in any special dev options...normal and typical phone work.Thank for answer!

14th March 2016, 09:32 AM |#1412  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I installed it for everyday use. But small bugs exist (eg. the screen rotation). I would suggest a stripped sammy rom for your friend with nova launcher. That way he would only see speed benefits without any big problems to complain back to you. At least this is the theory, as I jumped straight to CM ones, so I cannot recommend any...
The Following User Says Thank You to xvivo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xvivo Ad-Free
14th March 2016, 09:54 AM |#1413  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Can someone help me to flash supersu because some app didnt recognize roor of built in root .. Every time i flash the supersu 2.68 i get bootloop i disable root in developers option still get bootloop please help me
14th March 2016, 10:54 AM |#1414  
Thanks Meter: 1,183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickjose

Can someone help me to flash supersu because some app didnt recognize roor of built in root .. Every time i flash the supersu 2.68 i get bootloop i disable root in developers option still get bootloop please help me

Why not ask Chainfire, he is the developer of SuperSU.

You can post a question to him either on his XDA forum or his Google+ account.

add:

This issue seems to have filled space on CM13 forums for some months and not just on this device and not just on this particular variant of CM13.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/1...-cm13-rooting/

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Just to add to which, Chainfire uploaded another updated version yesterday for N.

Chainfire
Public
Mar 13, 6:34 PM
SuperSU v2.69 BETA RC - N Preview

The first test release for SuperSU on N Preview is available now from XDA (see the link below), both in ZIP and CFAR form.

There have been some changes to SELinux on N Preview, and virtually all important changes in this SuperSU release are related to that.

Of course, this version of SuperSU will allow the system to keep running in SELinux Enforcing mode

https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/Shq2TwRf3wt

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...eview-t3335726
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baltics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baltics Ad-Free
14th March 2016, 11:02 AM |#1415  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickjose

flash the beta editions made especially for MM
The Following User Says Thank You to odyss199 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift odyss199 Ad-Free
14th March 2016, 11:09 AM |#1416  
Flag Nadiad
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisee

clean but when i flash supersu then only it bootloop . as i am not getting root access viva dev option

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

have tried it ?

Its working.
14th March 2016, 12:41 PM |#1417  
athens / oakland
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenonon

Hi, guys! I have a question for you...do you suggest install this ROM for everyday usage? Because I want to install it to my friend who says that the stock 4.3 is lagging 😉...and I don't wanna to be seen as an idiot after flashing 😂. He is not interested in any special dev options...normal and typical phone work.Thank for answer!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Honestly, if 4.3 is lagging and your friend doesn't care about running marshmallow, you're probably better off cleaning the accumulated junk off his phone and installing greenify. While this rom is smoother than lollipop, it's still fairly crash prone and unstable. not to knock the developer's hard work in any way! It's just still on the bleeding edge. I don't think it's appropriate for someone who doesn't want to tweak their phone.

If you do want to get off of stock, I'd recommend Archidroid 3.0.2 (i think that's the version -- the last KitKat Archidroid). It's very stable and seems to suit the hardware limitations best. Again, also use Greenify, and I'd say Xposed as well so you can use Greenify's boost mode + allow gcm push.

That's the most stable custom rom I've used in my 18 months of trying.

Just my 2 kuruş

~ peter in İstanbul
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huzzam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huzzam Ad-Free
14th March 2016, 01:03 PM |#1418  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzam

Honestly, if 4.3 is lagging and your friend doesn't care about running marshmallow, you're probably better off cleaning the accumulated junk off his phone and installing greenify. While this rom is smoother than lollipop, it's still fairly crash prone and unstable. not to knock the developer's hard work in any way! It's just still on the bleeding edge. I don't think it's appropriate for someone who doesn't want to tweak their phone.

If you do want to get off of stock, I'd recommend Archidroid 3.0.2 (i think that's the version -- the last KitKat Archidroid). It's very stable and seems to suit the hardware limitations best. Again, also use Greenify, and I'd say Xposed as well so you can use Greenify's boost mode + allow gcm push.

That's the most stable custom rom I've used in my 18 months of trying.

Just my 2 kuruş

~ peter in İstanbul

So how do u deal with gapps force close error in last kitkat rom of archidroid? The only reason i have left that rom was gapps error and trying every method but no way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
14th March 2016, 01:25 PM |#1419  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
The current version works great. I want to stay withs this ROM a little more time. The kernel Boeffla (L531 / beta 21). Greenify + Xposed. Cool. But i found error Occurs in me. When the application completes the installation process Receives mistake but the application is installed.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka
14th March 2016, 01:29 PM |#1420  
Flag You tell me
Thanks Meter: 2,073

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober

The current version works great. I want to stay withs this ROM a little more time. The kernel Boeffla (L531 / beta 21). Greenify + Xposed. Cool. But i found error Occurs in me. When the application completes the installation process Receives mistake but the application is installed.

It could be app is not compatible with MM or its corrupt,but if it works after that then nothing to worry abouth
14th March 2016, 01:38 PM |#1421  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I know. This issue don't disturb me in daily using. Every app outside the store give this error. Someone get this error?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm13, i9300, rom, temasek

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)