FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which root method do you prefer?

SuperSU (flash yourself)

50 Vote(s)
48.08%
Built-in (enable in dev-options)

54 Vote(s)
51.92%

[EOL][ROM][I9300][SaberMod][v12.3] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13

961 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,789

By Darkened_Sky, Senior Member on 5th January 2016, 11:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Darkened_Sky: !EOL!
29th January 2016, 08:16 PM |#511  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 1

More
After update from 3.5 to 3.6 - phone reboots after one minute after boot.
I tried to upgrade from 3.5 to 3.7 - but phone couldn't boot at all, I didn`t see the process of optimization. I didn't wipe dalvik and cache, I use opengapps.

29th January 2016, 08:32 PM |#512  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 407

More
Did u flash anything else after the rom?
How did u dirthy flahed?
29th January 2016, 09:16 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 747

More
Greetings,
I flashed this ROM on my friend's S3 and it works flawlessly. To thank you and to thank @temasek amazing work, I wanted to contribute !
  • I will begin first with some build.prop flags changes. As the S3 has 1GB of RAM, the devices needs the right Dalvik VM values which follow its physical memory resources. Also, those settings were also tuned to avoid memory pressure with multiple cached app processes while switching between applications. The lines already exist, simply change their value with mine.
Code:
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=100m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=174m
dalvik.vm.heapminfree=512k
dalvik.vm.heapmaxfree=8m
  • Secondly basing on this commit and The Android Source Code, I suggest you to disable the atlas service (by adding the following line config.disable_atlas=true) for memory savings purposes.
  • Thirdly and if any, I suggest you to reduce the default's high ZRAM disksize (400MB which is for Boeffla kernel I think, I didn't check for the ROM's default one) to 256MB and to change the vm.page_cluster tunable to 0 basing on this another post (it's quoted below) :
Quote:

Moto has enabled "Swap to ZRAM" in stocked ROM, up to 256MB of ZRAM as Linux swap, reduced page-cluster to '0'. These are AOSP recommendations on low RAM devices.

I have been searching for ZRAM discussion on XDA forum. Unfortunately, some discussion had been mixed with incorrect data, such as ZRAM is not worthy for device with 1GB RAM. Well, seeing what's being done on Moto G is believing, I think we should do the same for LG-P880.

To summerize the advantages of ZRAM:
- 256MB ZRAM does not take away 256MB of real memory, not even half of that, due to compression. When ZRAM is not in used, it only takes 4KB. The compression is beween 3~4 to 1.
- Swapping to ZRAM is more efficient than having OOM kill processes as killed processes will have to be reloaded from flash media. LGP880 and any Tegra3 devices are notorious of slow flash media performance. Processes swapped out to ZRAM does not need to be restarted. They can resume immediately from where they are left off after being swapped back to RAM.

Sources :
01.org - Android Memory Tuning for Android 5.0/5.1.
The Android Source Code - Low RAM Configuration.

Best regards.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlackGunZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackGunZ Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 09:56 PM |#514  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 3,789

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGunZ

Greetings,
I flashed this ROM on my friend's S3 and it works flawlessly. To thank you and to thank @temasek amazing work, I wanted to contribute !

• I will begin first with some build.prop flags changes. As the S3 has 1GB of RAM, the devices needs the right Dalvik VM values which follow its physical memory resources. Also, those settings were also tuned to avoid memory pressure with multiple cached app processes while switching between applications. The lines already exist, simply change their value with mine.
Code:
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=100m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=174m
dalvik.vm.heapminfree=512k
dalvik.vm.heapmaxfree=8m
  • Secondly basing on this commit and The Android Source Code, I suggest you to disable the atlas service (by adding the following line config.disable_atlas=true) for memory savings purposes.
  • Thirdly and if any, I suggest you to reduce the default's high ZRAM disksize (400MB which is for Boeffla kernel I think, I didn't check for the ROM's default one) to 256MB and to change the vm.page_cluster tunable to 0 basing on this another post (it's quoted below) :
Sources :
01.org - Android Memory Tuning for Android 5.0/5.1.
The Android Source Code - Low RAM Configuration.

Best regards.

it is noted
monday is my last exam. After that I'll go through it and think about it

edit: afaik zram values should also be adjustable with apps like kernel adiutor on stock kernel, but I never really checked if it works
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkened_Sky Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 10:18 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This rom is awesome, very clean and smooth. With my S3 using boeffla kernel i got 44575 points in benchmark Antutu. I never have got a score so highly like this, please continue the project and update this rom with more functions I'm so proud.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rellgod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rellgod Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 10:53 PM |#516  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
This rom impressed me: very fast and smooth Marshmallow┬┤s experience with an old S3, thank you! One missing IMHO from Temasek 12.1 is a dark mode without using theme chooser
29th January 2016, 11:48 PM |#517  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 249

More
I hope Korean S3's (e210s) will taste marshmallow too.

still stuck on using Temasek CM11.
30th January 2016, 02:22 AM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltics

The OTA Updater has a direct link to the current page on this thread, which is far quicker and easier to use than the XDA App.

sorry for a ask...can i know if i update via this OTA, will my file gone like flash a new rom?
30th January 2016, 04:30 AM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The best rom that I've tried in a long time... Thank you very much!! I'm having an awesome experience using Android Marshmallow in a old phone. THANK YOU A LOT!!!!

Sorry for bad english =/
30th January 2016, 04:48 AM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how if camera suddenly can't function...beside reboot...any way else?
30th January 2016, 05:59 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck0723

how if camera suddenly can't function...beside reboot...any way else?

Try media killer app from play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iaserverkiller

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm13, i9300, rom, temasek

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)