FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which root method do you prefer?

SuperSU (flash yourself)

50 Vote(s)
48.08%
Built-in (enable in dev-options)

54 Vote(s)
51.92%

[EOL][ROM][I9300][SaberMod][v12.3] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13

961 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,789

By Darkened_Sky, Senior Member on 5th January 2016, 11:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Darkened_Sky: !EOL!
30th January 2016, 09:57 PM |#541  
Flag You tell me
Thanks Meter: 2,076

More
Is there any conflict if I enable boeffla sound and in same time activate viper4android sound too? I already enabled boeffla sound so is there any point having viper4android too??

(I'm still on 3.6)

30th January 2016, 10:14 PM |#542  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpionea

Is there any conflict if I enable boeffla sound and in same time activate viper4android sound too? I already enabled boeffla sound so is there any point having viper4android too??

(I'm still on 3.6)

no boeffla is hardware equalizer. viper is software equalizer.
You can use both at the same time. In the past I liked to have both enabled.
People who like enormous bass can easily create it with this combination. I tuned them in the past to have an overall balanced clear sound with slightly increased bass.
It is just a matter of taste.
Another difference is that with software equalizers there is a slightly higher battery consumption while listening to music (but it is not really that remarkable). With hardware equalizers this does not happen (afaik, not fully sure here).
Software equalizers also tend to distort music, but Viper is a really optimized one, so with the correct settings it can highly increase the listening experience
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkened_Sky Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 11:02 PM |#543  
Flag You tell me
Thanks Meter: 2,076

More
@Darkened_Sky

Oh wow thanks for very detail post

I think for now will leave it as boeffla sound only but its good to have v4a already build in just in case if needed

Cheers m8
30th January 2016, 11:34 PM |#544  
Use FX compatible mode in viper's make it working fine, before all seems to be good but no effect(on my s3 and N3 with or without custom kernel, same's trouble, same's solution)
The Following User Says Thank You to dkonect For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkonect Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 11:48 PM |#545  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky

no boeffla is hardware equalizer. viper is software equalizer.
You can use both at the same time. In the past I liked to have both enabled.
People who like enormous bass can easily create it with this combination. I tuned them in the past to have an overall balanced clear sound with slightly increased bass.
It is just a matter of taste.
Another difference is that with software equalizers there is a slightly higher battery consumption while listening to music (but it is not really that remarkable). With hardware equalizers this does not happen afaik.
Software equalizers also tend to distort music, but Viper is a really optimized one, so with the correct settings it can highly increase the listening experience

Since we have Boeffla sound and V4A, is there a way to disable or remove Audio FX?
I tried disabling, but the option is not available.. And don't really want it to reappear the next time I flash.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
31st January 2016, 12:03 AM |#546  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sma5hley

Since we have Boeffla sound and V4A, is there a way to disable or remove Audio FX?
I tried disabling, but the option is not available.. And don't really want it to reappear the next time I flash.

in the addon.d folder you should have a script (loliviper.sh) that automatically removes audiofx after a dirty flash.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkened_Sky Ad-Free
31st January 2016, 12:35 AM |#547  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
My OTA app does not update from 3.6. It dowloaded, and when I press install it reboots to recovery, but it doesnt do anything. Just like I manually started recovery.

31st January 2016, 12:56 AM |#548  
OP Senior Member
Flag Germany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deny191

My OTA app does not update from 3.6. It dowloaded, and when I press install it reboots to recovery, but it doesnt do anything. Just like I manually started recovery.

do you have enabled the openrecovery scripts in ota app?
you can also then manually flash the downloaded rom. it is in /sdcard/ota folder
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkened_Sky Ad-Free
31st January 2016, 03:05 AM |#549  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonfox

Boeffla sound APP does also not work with boeffla kernel in v3.7 Change settings with sound APP is not possible.
But when i change settings with boeffla congfig APP it works and i can see them with boeffla sound APP.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Have you done settings with sound APP or with boeffla config APP?

Boeffla config
31st January 2016, 04:11 AM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky

in the addon.d folder you should have a script (loliviper.sh) that automatically removes audiofx after a dirty flash.

There you go, I always clean flash so didn't realise! Dirty flashing is good for things.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sma5hley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sma5hley Ad-Free
31st January 2016, 08:39 AM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 1,183

More
@Darkened_Sky, good luck with your exam tomorrow.

I seem to recall some months ago reading that Viper requires selinx to be set to permissive.

Is that correct with the version included with this ROM?

I tried to use the new setting in development options to change it but without success.

The default setting used to be permissive, but in 3.7 it is enforcing.

I followed the posts here suggesting using Boeffla Config to change the setting but I am using the stock kernel with 3.7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm13, i9300, rom, temasek

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)