This is my first ROM that I'm releasing. So be gentle, but I've done my best on this rom.
The rom is inspired by the amazing new Sony Xperia Z phone.
I've ported many apps and media directly from the Xperia Z system dump (10.1.A.1.434)
You will get, as close as it can be, the real Xperia Z experience on your Galaxy S III (i9300)
- Based on the latest Samsung STOCK XXEMC3 firmware
- Stock XXEMC3 Kernel (with init.d support)
- And Much more kernels to choose in the Aroma installer!
- AROMA installer (since v.0.9.7), You can choose many add-ons / Samsung apps in the Aroma installer.
- VERY lite rom, removed all the Samsung bloatware, Base rom (without selecting add-ons in the Aroma installer) is only 416 MB including 33+ MB of original Sony Xperia Z Wallpapers)
- The ROM is fully Deodexed & Zip-aligned
- Latest JKay Deluxe Framework by _JKay_
- Various system init.d tweaks
- Larger APN list (to support more carriers) (the original APN list is also included in the Aroma installer, if you aren't having a working data connection)
- Lite Camera-MOD (HQR) by AndroidGX (Great Samsung camera mod, to get higher quality filming)
- Various build.prop tweaks:
- Bravia engine v.2
- Lowered the proximity sensor delay
- And many more...
- Media Scanner wakelock fix
- Modded Phone APK (from Mythtrandyr)
- (higher quality) (auto) Call recording
- Option to turn increasing ringtone On/Off
- Customizable end call delay
- The ability to turn the record button On/Off
- Includes original Samsung Camera app, latest Play Store, latest Superuser app & binary and BusyBox
- Multi Window Control mod by LegendK95 (Multi Window support for EVERY app that you've installed)
- This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S III nearly into a Sony Xperia Z
- Latest Elegant v.6.0 system/icon Theme by ThilinaC
(I made it compatible with XXEMC3, and Safe0716 added the Xperia Z statusbar icons to it)
- Sony Xperia Z Launcher (With many extra options, by Ra3al)
- Xperia Z Keyboard (with swipe support)
- Xperia Z Statusbar icons (by Safe0716)
- Xperia Z Lock screen (by Arsaw)
- 28 Xperia Z original Wallpapers
- Xperia Z Boot screen
- Xperia Z UI Sounds, Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones
- Xperia Z System Fonts
- 2 Xperia Z Live wallpapers: Enchanted forest and Photo slideshow
- Original Xperia Z system app icons
- The following Sony Xperia Z Apps:
- TrackID (Sony's Soundhound alternative)
- Photos and videos
- Tools (switches)
- Walkman Widget
- Recent calls
- Top contacts
- TrackID (Sony's Soundhound alternative)
Red text = Ported directly from the Xperia Z dump
Violet text = Ported from the Xperia T (4.1.2 Final firmware)
Light Blue text = Ported from another Sony phone
Choosable add-ons in the Aroma installer:
- Repacked Stock XXEMC3 Samsung kernel or Siyah, SpeedMod, Boeffla, Perseus, Shark or Adam kernel
- XXEMB6 Modem
- Samsung All Share
- Google Talk
- Samsung Clock app or Android 4.2 AOSP Clock (Original and Inverted white versions)
- Samsung E-Mail app (with Exchange security removed, and original Xperia Z app icon)
- Sony E-Mail app (original Xperia Z E-mail app, Exchange not working in this one)
- Samsung Paper Artist
- Polaris Office Viewer
- Samsung App Store
- Samsung Music Player
- Samsung keyboard
- Samsung Video Player
- Sony Xperia Z Calculator or Samsung Calculator
- Hide the direct call buttons in the Contacts app
- SPlanner or the Sony Calendar app
- STK (Sim Toolkit)
- WiFi Di-rect
- ra3al Advanced Xperia Z launcher OR the original stock Xperia Z launcher
- Stock Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery app with PhotoSphere
- Original APN List (Choose this add-on if your 3G is not working)
- 2 Sony Xperia Z Live Wallpapers
- Sony Social Media Plugins (for the Sony apps)
- Multi Window control mod app
- Track ID
- Sony Torch app
- Samsung My Files
- (resizable) Pop-up browser
- Circle battery statusbar icon mod or 2 other Blue battery icons (1 with an percentage in it, and 1 without)
- Google and Samsung TTS voices
- Latest Google Maps (with Street view plug-in and Navigation)
- Latest Google Now / Search (with Search bar widget)
- TouchWiz Launcher (XXEMC3, Xperia themed version)
- Original Xperia Z system app icons or the Xperia Z Like (rounded) app icon pack by 'Why so serious?' Screenshot
or the Elegant app icons (by ThilinaC)
- Kies support (also via WiFi)
- Sony DLNA (Throw function in the Sony Walkman, Album & Video apps)
- Samsung Boot sound or Custom Xperia boot sound
Green text = Also in the Lite version of XperianZe included
Black text = Not included with the Lite version (but most of them are available as an flashable add-on in post #2)
- It's STRONGLY ADVICED to BUY the JKay Deluxe Settings app from the Play Store with this ROM!
(I won't earn anything from the app, since its made by _JKay_, and not by me)
You will get MANY extra features/options with the JKay deluxe settings app! For example:
- Choose between 6 different lock screens (including the Samsung ripple/ink and AOSP lock screen)
- Enable Multi-Window for 3rd party apps
- Make the statusbar transparent
- Change the battery icon to the one that's in the screenshots
- Enable the toggles you want or even add a 2nd row of toggles to the notification panel
- And MANY MORE!!
You only need to download the JKay Deluxe Settings app from the Play Store!
- If there's an newer JKay framework out (that isn't in this rom yet) then you can follow this guide to update to the newer JKay framework: Click Here!
- If you wanna have the Samsung lockscreen: Open the JKay Deluxe Settings app -> Select 'Circle'
And disable this: Set common options -> de-activate 'Transparent status bar'
- The Jelly Bean lock screen in the JKay settings app is the Xperia Z lock screen.
- You can only change the lock screen wallpaper for the Circle (Samsung) lock screen via the usual method... Or you can use this method to change the lock screen wallpaper for the Xperia Z lock screen:
For XperianZe 0.9.7.2+: Use the 'Lock Screen' shortcut in your app-drawer to change the lock screen wallpaper, and make sure you use the Sony album app to crop your image, when it get asked.
- When you use the Xperia Z lock screen, you will see 0.3 - 0.5 second your original lock screen wallpaper when you unlock, this is the fix
- For the people who can't change the lock screen wallpaper for the Circle (Samsung) lock screen:
Make sure this option in JKay deluxe settings app is de-activated: Under 'lock screen options'; set common options -> de-activate transparant status bar.
Now set a lock screen wallpaper with the Samsung Gallery. The Sony album app won't work.
- Standard you will have a Blue Xperia battery mod icon by ksr007 in the status-bar, not the one in the screenshots:
Can be fixed using the JKay Deluxe Settings app from the Play Store: Statusbar options -> de-activate 'Hires battery icon'
- You can find an Circle battery mod in the Aroma installer, to get the old Circle battery statusbar icon back (which was in XperianZe 0.9.6.1 and older)
- If you wanna fix the gap between the data arrows and the data icon in the statusbar, then enable this option in the JKay app: Statusbar options -> activate 'AOSP data layout'
- If Multi window mod doesn't work for 3rd party apps:
Fix: Activate the 'All apps support multi window' option in the JKay Deluxe Settings app, reboot after that.
- If you use one of the Xperia Z launchers; then make sure that you set the 'Window animation scale' in Developer options at least at .5x,
when you select 'Animation off' then you will have problems with launching apps in the Xperia Launcher.
- If you are having problems with Phone calls, make sure you have a recent Modem/baseband installed! A few good modems are: XXELLA, XXEMB1 & BUEMA1
You can find them in the General modem thread: Click here!
Since XperianZe 0.9.6 I deliver the newest modem (XXEMB6) with the rom.
- If you did choose for the Boeffla, the Adam or the Shark kernel in the Aroma installer, then you can use the Boeffla sound control app from the Play Store, to tweak your sound. See post #2 for a link to the app in the Play Store.
- You can Backup/restore your JKay Deluxe settings in the JKay app with the Menu key! (don't forget to restore it after a wipe / ROM upgrade)
- for his amazing Elegant theme
- for the inverted white AOSP Android 4.2 clock app
- Torch app/widget
- Boot animation
- Xperia Z Sound picker
_JKay_ (for his great JKay mod)
Ra3al (for the great modded Xperia Z launcher, and all the Xperia Z widgets)
Auras76 (for porting the Walkman app)
Arsaw (for porting the Xperia Z Lock screen)
ksr007 (for the new Aroma installer (0.9.7.2+), the blue battery statusbar icon and the Setup Wizard background image)
Safe0716 (for porting the Xperia Z statusbar icons)
LegendK95 (for the Multi Window Control mod)
Wanam (for the rom base, and the great Adam Kernel)
Perka, Hardcore, AndiP & AndreiLux (for the great included kernels)
mythtrandyr (for the modded Phone APK)
AndroidGX (for the great Lite Camera-MOD (HQR) mod)
TekaVC (for making the official signatures and the new opening pic in the first post)
Korumera (for the XDA File server mirror)
Silitek (for making the screenshots in post #1)
v.0.9.9 XXEMC3 Re-base (Full Aroma and Lite versions) - Updated the rom base, kernel and all corresponding apps to XXEMC3 - Replaced the XXEMC2 modem with the XXEMB6 modem (which is included in XXEMC3) - Updated JKay to v.14.93.4 (XXEMC3) - Updated Adam kernel to v.2.3 - Updated Shark kernel to v.A-15.1 - Updated SpeedMod kernel to v.K-13 - Updated Lite-Camera-Mod HQR to the XXEMC3 version - Updated Play Store to v.4.0.26 (Black/Blue inverted) - Added the Samsung Calculator app as an choice in the Aroma installer - Integrated the Multi-window theme and White AOSP Clock fixes that I posted for 0.9.8.1 v.0.9.8.1 (Full Aroma and Lite versions) - Fixed the Walkman widget in the Stock Xperia Z Launcher - Removed the possibility to do an Full-wipe and EFS partition backup in the Aroma installer (was causing some problems for some) - Optimized the Aroma installer a bit, and changed the background, start picture & fonts of it. - Updated Play Store to v.4.0.25 (Inverted Black version) - Added the Shark kernel v.A13 by Perka (with Boeffla sound engine) - Updated the Perseus kernel to v.35 - Updated the SpeedMod kernel to v.K2-12 - Included the White version of the Android 4.2 AOSP Clock app (by ThilinaC) - Included the Elegant XXEMC2 fixes (by ThilinaC) - 4 new Xperia Like rounded app icons (by Why so serious); Clock, Downloads, Voice Recorder & Svoice - The Blue Circle battery icon is now the default one - Fixed the Walkman visualizer (did crash when you did install the Sony social media plugins in previous versions) - You can choose now the old blue battery icon in the Aroma installer (the one that was in the 0.9.7.* series) - Removed the Chinese Xperia Z Keyboard, since it was not working - Restored Sysro & Sysrw support - Added Mobitel (Sri-Lanka) to the APN list (on request for ThilinaC) v.0.9.8 (XXEMC2) - Total Rebase on Stock ROM XXEMC2 - Replaced the stock kernel and modem to the XXEMC2 version of it - Updated JKay framework to 14.93.1 (XXEMC2) - Updated Elegant Theme to 6.0 - Added Siyah kernel 1.9.1 by gokhanmoral - Themed the 3 new toggles that are in JKay 14.93+ - Changed the default blue statusbar battery icon, to one with an percentage in it - The Circle battery is blue now (was green in previous versions) - New Boot animation (Added 'Xperia' text at the beginning) - Added custom Xperia Boot and shutdown sounds option in the Aroma installer - Updated Xperia Z Like rounded app icon pack by 'Why so serious?' - Added original Xperia Z Chinese keyboard with themes - Updated some Sony lib/framework/resource files - Updated Google Search / Now to v.188.8.131.526027 - TouchWiz launcher is Elegant themed now - Made the Gmail app choosable in the Aroma installer - Added back the Dual-clock Samsung widgets - Fixed some graphically glitches / text that's un-readable in the Dialer and S-Planner apps - Updated Lite camera-mod to the XXEMC2 version by AndroidGX - Optimized the Aroma installer - Rom's zip file is now signed - Maybe a few things more that I forgot... v.0.9.7.3 Update (Update: 54 MB) - JKay Framework 14.93:
- Now 32 quick toggles to choose from (Added: GSM only, USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering)
- Re-factoring Deluxe Settings (split status bar options up into status bar and notification options, added support translations)
- Added option for transparent notification background
- Added option for transparent quick settings background
- Added option for transparent brightness slider background
- Added option for transparent quick launch background
- Added option for transparent notifications (only apply to new notifications)
- Added option for black quick settings background
- Added option for black notification titles
- Added: Option to launch custom application when headset (mini jack) is plugged in.
- Added: Option to kill the above application when unplugged.
- Added: Option to run above app even when phone is secured with pin/pattern.
- Added option 'Remove app' to Deluxe Settings above 'Kill app' so you can select if you want back button to remove, kill or both
- Added options to include/exclude tab lock screen, ics lock screen apps and home btn apps from led notifications
- Added a toggle to show/hide the 'Running services' button on the recent apps page
- Changed background graphics for quick toggles
- fixed back btn kill from lock screen bug
- fixed bug where music would stop when set as secure app
- fixed a bootloop bug on deluxe lockscreens when trying to launch app right after boot.
- Fixed SystemUI FC when doing several screenshots (bug in JB)
- Modem is optionally now
- Added Boeffla kernel 2.9 Final (didn’t have any mic issues with this version yet)
- Stock kernel is also still choosable in the Aroma installer
- Added Android 4.2 stock camera app (including Gallery) with Photosphere.
- Added a new Google / Samsung TTS add-on, also included the SamsungTTS.apk now, so that the SVOX TTS voices are working now! (I think this fixes the Co Pilot problem)
- Sometimes the Aroma installer freezes... You need to reboot in recovery again then (Long hold: Vol+, Power button and Home button till Samsung screen comes up) and try it again.
Some porting 'bugs':
- You can't edit the song info with the Sony Walkman app.
- The Walkman FaceBook 'Like' function doesn't work
- Do a Data/Factory reset first in CWM (if you come from another rom, or XperianZe 0.9.7.2 and older)
- Start the installation
- Read the instructions in the Aroma installer
- Choose carefully the packages you want in the Aroma installer.
- Install the rom (the installation script of this rom will wipe the following partitions automatically for you: Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Preload.)
- Enjoy the Rom!
- Do NOT restore app data or system apps with Titanium backup, this can cause many problems. (applies to any rom)
Install extra add-ons after installation:
- If you want to install some other add-ons after you've installed the rom, then just start the Aroma installer again, just select the option 'Only Add-ons' in the Aroma installer and select the add-ons you want to install.
(check the MD5 of your download before flashing)
Full-Wipe is always advised, and needed if you come from another rom or XperianZe 0.9.7.2 or older.
FULL Aroma version of v.0.9.9:
773 MB (MD5: b26dab9c16ad26d2b29560642fafbf4c)
XDA-Torrents (needs account there):
LITE version of XperianZe 0.9.9 (Non Aroma)
413 MB (MD5: 3a8fdb48bacf425317ed8b031cee0d5f)
XDA-Torrents (needs account there):
Thanks to Privat75 for the Uploaded.net mirror!
See post #2 for extras and screenshots...
Detailed review by DroidViews.com blog:
XperianZe Review (v.0.9.9) and Review of the Advanced Xperia launcher (by MohammedAzi)
Review video by Droidlabsca (v.0.9.7)
Installation (v.0.9.7.2) and Review video (v.0.9.3) (by Devicecustomizer)