[TOOL & HACK] unlock your SIM FOREVER (ICS & JB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Does the IMEI number remain the same?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

jcc332006

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2007
Los Angeles
Anyone have a link to voodoo and mikes zip? I went to thread but when u click on download it redirects to some other site. Also trying to find voodoo app any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!:eek:

smek3rul

Apr 24, 2010
Onesti
unlock

i have a glaaxy s3 locked in three operator uk! and to unlock my phone i change my rom whit a unbranding rom and it's work!

djwilliams100

May 17, 2010
Portsmouth
i have a glaaxy s3 locked in three operator uk! and to unlock my phone i change my rom whit a unbranding rom and it's work!

Wrong! What uve done is unbrand NOT unlock. Unlocking allows u to use your phone on any network. Unbranding just removes bloatware that 3 put onto their phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I understand that some of you are unhappy with this sim lock because you want to test the latest JB leak . so here i ve a solution for you.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!

Precaution:

-* don't use voodoo app after using this mod or any other mod, (if you want use other mod restore your original efs file).
    -** Before to update to a new build (like the coming stable JB) restore your original efs.

*, **, in the case you got the phone unlocked you can always use my mod to unlock it :good:

HOW TO UNLOCK

- First you need to backup your "EFS FILE" in safe place.
    - you must be in unlocked stock firmware like BLG8 (using voodoo app + libsec-ril.so (mike1986 fix))
    - unzip the attached zip "efs.zip"
    - copy the files (.nv_core.bak, .nv_core.bak.md5) to your EFS file
    - reboot and enjoy !!!

NOTE: applying this mod will not change your imei.

Backup & Copy & Past & Reboot ....easy :eek:

This MOD will remove the lock completely. :p

Don't tell me what i did because SAMSUNG ......is UNHAPPY ;)

JUST CLICK ON THANKS ;)
    If the ril thinks that NV_data.bin is corrupted, it will be restored using .NV_core.bak . The imei is also present encrypted in this file.
    I assume the NV_core in your patch is yours. Let's say some people using your patch want to modify their NV_data.bin (either to re lock their Sim or anything else), the next time the phone will reboot, the ril will check that NV_data and NV_core data are coherent. If that is not the case, the NV_data.bin will be regenerated using your NV_core (meaning your imei will be used by many people, which is certainly not what you want).
    I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check your NV_core, but if my assumptions are good, I would suggest that you remove your patch before people start getting your imei ;)

1- "ril" have no ability to think.
    2- NV-data can't be corrupted because my mod don't affect it at all.
    3- nv-core is not mine
    4- imei can't be changed by my mod

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    but if i got something wrong i can restore my original efs no ?

You can most of the time, but the EFS has a sync number which shadows to an area in flash and if it gets too far out of sync your baseband will become unknown and your IMEI blank and then even restoring your original backup will not fix it.
    Anyone have a link to voodoo and mikes zip? I went to thread but when u click on download it redirects to some other site. Also trying to find voodoo app any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!:eek:

here u go ;)
    For people interested, I made an app a few days ago to fully unlock your Sim.
    No file replacement, no ril patch, no whatever, it will use your nv data and only it.
    Beware using the hack in this thread : if in the future some app fiddles with your NV data and it gets corrupted somehow, Samsung ril will erase your imei (using the one present in this patch).
    I'm on vacation, coming back home tomorrow, the first few brave people to pm me will get a preview version to test. When I validate it works on other phones than just mine, I will release it here and on the market.