Special Thanks
teaminfushionmembers

Links:
Website
Google+ Community
Gerrit Code-Review
Crowdin
Telegram Channel

We also encourage users to report bugs and issues at our G+ Community with proper logs.
We also welcome a “x” feature request from users and if we really feel it to be useful, we will push it in.

Sources:
ROM

Contributors
Source Code:
https://github.com/FireHound
Device Tree device source
Kernel
kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL] FireHound v4.9[Oreo 8.1], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
hgunduz295, cıyanogen
Source Code: https://github.com/FireHound

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Brain
Based On: lineageos/cyanogenmod/aosp

Version Information

Created 2019-06-29
Last Updated 2019-06-29
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hgunduz295 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgunduz295 Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 05:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I've installed it yesterday, so I have little to say so far. Security updates are from September 2018. I've installed 17 apps. Performance and battery life are average, for now it runs quite stable (no overheating, no sudden reboots and freezes). Only sometimes (very rarely) I get "settings are not responding" error, when I try to browse it. There are dozens of options to customize (Ashes panel). I'm going to use this this ROM for a few more days to test it.
13th July 2019, 08:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deentky

I've installed it yesterday, so I have little to say so far. Security updates are from September 2018. I've installed 17 apps. Performance and battery life are average, for now it runs quite stable (no overheating, no sudden reboots and freezes). Only sometimes (very rarely) I get "settings are not responding" error, when I try to browse it. There are dozens of options to customize (Ashes panel). I'm going to use this this ROM for a few more days to test it.

Thank you for your comment, glad you like it.
14th July 2019, 10:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
TWRP 3.3.0-0 i9300
Format data & advanced wipe
FireHound-4.9-UNOFFICIAL-20190624-i9300.zip
open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20190711.zip
I've installed 20 apps.
Usage: Internet only.

OK, so after couple of days, this ROM works rather stable for me. Just like I've said earlier, security updates are old (October 2018). Overal performance and battery life are average (PixysOS V1 Oreo ROM for S3 is faster - probably because is VERY slim, and LOS14.1 has better battery life).

This ROM has so-called "Ashes panel" which contain a dozen or so options to customize. But unfortunitly for me, the ROM itself and the panel lacks option to remap hardware buttons. So, there is no working hardware "recents apps" button, which is bad news for me. But there is option to turn on the navigation bar, where it is possible to set "recent apps" virtual button. Unfortunately, for me, the navigation panel is broken. This bug is weird. After I turned on navbar, and reboot the phone, 10 seconds after the system was loaded, the screen went black... but the touch panel was still working!! Because when I pressed power button for 2 seconds, the vibrations told me that the menu appear, and when I blindly pressed "turn off" option (I didn't see it, I just knew where it was), the phone turns off. I thought I'll need to flash this ROM again to get rid of navbar, but somehow I was able to get into the control panel very quickly and disable navbar before screen went black. I don't know if it's only broken on my phone or on other S3s too.
Anyway, this was the most serious bug I've encounter while testing this ROM. Apart of that, like I've said before, when I browse settings, sometimes (very rarely) I got error: "settings are not responding". And also one of the two built camera apps (not that black one) sometimes is acting crazy, like when I tried to take a panoramic photo, and the camera went nuts and started to snap pictures on its own! LOL. It was soooo funny, and also scary LOL.

So apart of broken (for me) navbar, I guess this ROM is OK for daily work (for me), I'm using my phone for: browsing Instagram, Facebook and VKontakte, using Chrome and Google News, checking weather and play store, sometimes for maps and GPS tracker for walk/bike, sometimes to listening to DI.FM radio, taking photos and videos, and some minor operation on files. During these few days, I never got sudden reboot or freeze (and I have not installed "go mode"), also no overheating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-224931_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	4792160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-224851_Ustawienia.png
Views:	540
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	4792161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-224835_Ustawienia.png
Views:	536
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	4792162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190714-224816_Ustawienia.png
Views:	498
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	4792163  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deentky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deentky Ad-Free
15th July 2019, 09:53 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deentky

TWRP 3.3.0-0 i9300
Format data & advanced wipe
FireHound-4.9-UNOFFICIAL-20190624-i9300.zip
open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20190711.zip
I've installed 20 apps.
Usage: Internet only.

OK, so after couple of days, this ROM works rather stable for me. Just like I've said earlier, security updates are old (October 2018). Overal performance and battery life are average (PixysOS V1 Oreo ROM for S3 is faster - probably because is VERY slim, and LOS14.1 has better battery life).

This ROM has so-called "Ashes panel" which contain a dozen or so options to customize. But unfortunitly for me, the ROM itself and the panel lacks option to remap hardware buttons. So, there is no working hardware "recents apps" button, which is bad news for me. But there is option to turn on the navigation bar, where it is possible to set "recent apps" virtual button. Unfortunately, for me, the navigation panel is broken. This bug is weird. After I turned on navbar, and reboot the phone, 10 seconds after the system was loaded, the screen went black... but the touch panel was still working!! Because when I pressed power button for 2 seconds, the vibrations told me that the menu appear, and when I blindly pressed "turn off" option (I didn't see it, I just knew where it was), the phone turns off. I thought I'll need to flash this ROM again to get rid of navbar, but somehow I was able to get into the control panel very quickly and disable navbar before screen went black. I don't know if it's only broken on my phone or on other S3s too.
Anyway, this was the most serious bug I've encounter while testing this ROM. Apart of that, like I've said before, when I browse settings, sometimes (very rarely) I got error: "settings are not responding". And also one of the two built camera apps (not that black one) sometimes is acting crazy, like when I tried to take a panoramic photo, and the camera went nuts and started to snap pictures on its own! LOL. It was soooo funny, and also scary LOL.

So apart of broken (for me) navbar, I guess this ROM is OK for daily work (for me), I'm using my phone for: browsing Instagram, Facebook and VKontakte, using Chrome and Google News, checking weather and play store, sometimes for maps and GPS tracker for walk/bike, sometimes to listening to DI.FM radio, taking photos and videos, and some minor operation on files. During these few days, I never got sudden reboot or freeze (and I have not installed "go mode"), also no overheating.

Thanks for feedback
You can use button mapper by flar2 app for hardware buttons costumize
The Following User Says Thank You to hgunduz295 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgunduz295 Ad-Free
15th July 2019, 05:17 PM |#6  
Como
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SMS configuration
Hi, I've installed yesterday the ROM and it works flawlessy so far but I've not find the way to configure device to Send/Recieve the SMS.
It's not a matter of SIM because the same SIM on another device works as aspected.
How to set/configure the device for the SMS service?
Regards,
Marco
15th July 2019, 08:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mq67

Hi, I've installed yesterday the ROM and it works flawlessy so far but I've not find the way to configure device to Send/Recieve the SMS.
It's not a matter of SIM because the same SIM on another device works as aspected.
How to set/configure the device for the SMS service?
Regards,
Marco

You can set apn İts in mobile data settings
16th July 2019, 10:56 AM |#8  
Como

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgunduz295

You can set apn İts in mobile data settings

Already done: the APN is set correctly, following the instructione of my provider (Iliad Italy)
Data connection e phone call work: only SMS doesn't works and I do not find the setting of the SMS Service Center.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote:

Already done: the APN is set correctly, following the instructione of my provider (Iliad Italy)
Data connection e phone call work: only SMS doesn't works and I do not find the setting of the SMS Service Center.

One more info: I receive the SMS but I can not send.
16th July 2019, 02:37 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

One more info: I receive the SMS but I can not send.

I think this is operator problem because this rom dont have any sim bugs.
20th July 2019, 09:34 AM |#10  
Como

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgunduz295

I think this is operator problem because this rom dont have any sim bugs.

Really strange, because the same SIM in another smartphone withe same APN configuration send/receive SMS.
21st July 2019, 03:22 AM |#11  
NHA TRANG city
Thanks Meter: 158

More
[Team InFusion] FireHound v4.9[Oreo 8.1]ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Random reboot
Home button not Wake up while display off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)