Thanks Meter: 158

More
[Team InFusion] FireHound v4.9[Oreo 8.1]ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Random reboot
Home button not Wake up while display off
22nd July 2019, 01:03 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I came back to this ROM and I noticed that RAM management with android_lowram_enabler AKA "go mode" is much worse than without, which makes the ROM unstable. This is weird, because it's not supposed to be in this way (I guess). Maybe this "go mode" is not optimized for S3, maybe there are some conflicts, I don't know. Maybe my phone's broken (I doubt it!).
All I know is this, without "go mode", even with heavy load and switching between apps, each one was stable. But with "go mode", the amount of RAM drops veeeeery quickly, and apps become unstable, which leads to reboots.
I'm monitoring RAM with app called "RAM Monitor", it has flowing interface, so I can see exactly how much of free RAM is available at any time. When I installed my set of apps, and I used them, after a few hours, with "go mode" it was only 100-150 MB free RAM, and if I started to open apps, they started to be unstable. So I've cleared out everything - made a clean ROM install, then I installed everything again, and without "go mode", under the same conditions, it was 250-300MB Yes, that's twice. I've checked it all out a couple of times. This is not a one-time observation.

But it all really doesn't matter This is the same as the Viper v5.2 Oreo ROM.
With "go mode", no sudden, itself reboots, but very unstable behavior of some applications, bad RAM management.
Without "go mode", the system can reboot itself at any time, but the apps are working fine, very good RAM management. Tonight, late at night, after just few hours of working, it started to reboot to recovery mode.

So that leaves me with PixysOS V1, which so far is the most stable Oreo ROM for S3 I've tested. Probably because it's so incredibly bare bone
22nd July 2019, 07:05 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deentky

I came back to this ROM and I noticed that RAM management with android_lowram_enabler AKA "go mode" is much worse than without, which makes the ROM unstable. This is weird, because it's not supposed to be in this way (I guess). Maybe this "go mode" is not optimized for S3, maybe there are some conflicts, I don't know. Maybe my phone's broken (I doubt it!).
All I know is this, without "go mode", even with heavy load and switching between apps, each one was stable. But with "go mode", the amount of RAM drops veeeeery quickly, and apps become unstable, which leads to reboots.
I'm monitoring RAM with app called "RAM Monitor", it has flowing interface, so I can see exactly how much of free RAM is available at any time. When I installed my set of apps, and I used them, after a few hours, with "go mode" it was only 100-150 MB free RAM, and if I started to open apps, they started to be unstable. So I've cleared out everything - made a clean ROM install, then I installed everything again, and without "go mode", under the same conditions, it was 250-300MB Yes, that's twice. I've checked it all out a couple of times. This is not a one-time observation.

But it all really doesn't matter This is the same as the Viper v5.2 Oreo ROM.
With "go mode", no sudden, itself reboots, but very unstable behavior of some applications, bad RAM management.
Without "go mode", the system can reboot itself at any time, but the apps are working fine, very good RAM management. Tonight, late at night, after just few hours of working, it started to reboot to recovery mode.

So that leaves me with PixysOS V1, which so far is the most stable Oreo ROM for S3 I've tested. Probably because it's so incredibly bare bone

How many post I see every rom are bad for you. Why you not going back to stock rom?
22nd July 2019, 09:17 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuut

Random reboot
Home button not Wake up while display off

-for random reboot fix use android go mode and enable zram on kernel manager
-home to wake option not include in this rom because this rom dont have this feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to hgunduz295 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgunduz295 Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 10:33 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I've just installed this ROM and it's working really well (better than any other I tried on the S3) but the call screen doesn't work. I can still make and recieve calls but the screen is black the whole time so I can't use speaker or keypad during a call. I can't even hang up. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
J
12th October 2019, 11:31 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
On this rom works hotspot? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)