FORUMS

Facebook photos upload stuck in drop down status

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By matt_not_andrew, Member on 22nd June 2012, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can anyone help with clearing the drop down status menu?
When I upload a photo to Facebook, the ONGOING list in the drop down menu shows 0% permenantly, even when the final result shows 100% complete below it. The only way I can clear the 0% status is to clear the app cache.
What am I missing or doing wrong?

Matt
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
22nd June 2012, 01:35 PM |#2  
Flag Bissen
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_not_andrew

Can anyone help with clearing the drop down status menu?
When I upload a photo to Facebook, the ONGOING list in the drop down menu shows 0% permenantly, even when the final result shows 100% complete below it. The only way I can clear the 0% status is to clear the app cache.
What am I missing or doing wrong?

Matt
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

its an facebook related issue! Just contact the developer to fix it!

has nothing to do with galaxy s3
22nd June 2012, 01:54 PM |#3  
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Reinstall the app. Ive had this happen on other devices and a reinstall fixed it. Update to the latest app version too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
22nd June 2012, 02:29 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I updated the app and it cleared the menu but did the same when I uploaded another picture.
Then uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem.

Next up is an email to facebook.
22nd June 2012, 02:33 PM |#5  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Go to application manager / Facebook/ clear data

If it doesn't disappear uninstall and install again
9th October 2012, 08:39 AM |#6  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,

I am still not able to upload using my S3.. it is a real shame. It works some time and 90% just fails. It just stuck in the notification area, sometimes at 0%, sometimes at 40% (not sure why). and I can't tell what is the actual error. Could it be the image size? I am uploading a photo taken by the 8M S3 camera (but i think the size is much less than 8M since I zoomed in when I took the photo)

How come such an error is never fixed? how many people have had this problem for long? This has been the case every since my S2 from 1 year ago..

If it is not Android or Samsung problem, then it makes me wonder (and frustrated) that Facebook never tried to do anything about this, and I think it is widely reported
9th October 2012, 09:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's not just you
The facebook app for Android doesn't seem as well put together as the IOS one. It's running a boat load of services and still wants a separate app for messenger, runs slowly and fails to post pictures and videos regularly for me.

You can fix it by clearing the app data and/or doing a reboot. They both resolve the issue until the app flakes again.

Simon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)