Galaxy s3 hot problem and soloution (experimental)

Search This thread

surender9999

Jul 25, 2012
GURGAON
Hi guys I am from India and on international s3 and face a problem that s3 get hot upto 48c
I have a solution for this(must be work)

1. First of all disabled bundled stock apps like chat on etc I have attached a screen shot of disabled apps on my s3

2. Off NFC android beam.

3.disable s voice( big battery eater)

4.must disable s memo and exchange mail

5.clear cache of all files and apps weekly

6.flip board users plz clear your cache routinely( this apps has a network bug that eat more battery in less time.

7. Set sync of apps like Google +,mail,wheather to 6 hours.

Screenshots are below.

Plz tell me after disabled these apps attached below that the tricks work or not

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343475834972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343475834972.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4,680
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343475844961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343475844961.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,901
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343475853115.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343475853115.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 4,094
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343475861335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343475861335.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,766
Reactions: fbloise

sebarkh

Oct 7, 2010
Warsaw
Apps & Games
48°C is really like nothing. I remember SGS 1 & SGS 2 especially were getting almost 60°C.
So - unless some expert denies - I'm pretty sure temperatures up to 70 will not make harm.
With one exception: temperatures above 40° will shorten battery lifespan in the long run. Li-ion batteries don't like this.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Reactions: thelestat

nodq

May 22, 2010
That sounds crazy, 70°Celsius? How can you actually still hold the phone on that temp? Almost impossible. My S3 never reached 40° Celsius once so far. But i remeber my HC Desire, when it was very hot outside, it reched almost 50° Celsius and it was HOT like **** in the hand i couldnt hold it very long tbh. And i dont think that this is good for the phone.

surender9999

Jul 25, 2012
GURGAON
70°c can damaged your s3 CPU and you cannot hold the phone. So plz don't make such a comments on temp.

fatekills

Jul 12, 2012
Bangalore
follow this thread to monitor the temp of ur s3 .

Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1787145

My device is at 40 degree at normal use

skennelly

Dec 18, 2010
Quad Cities
I have read (will post the link if I can find it again) that if a battery gets to 140°F then it can go into a self heating mode, not allowing it too cool down, and eventually catch fire. However, I have accidentally left my dx charging in my car on a hot day and when I came back out, it had shut down and had a "battery too hot" notification. That phone would power off if it got too hot.

Sent from my unlocked GTab 2 running CM10

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
My gnex once hit 110c CPU temp and it still works fine, it was regularly hitting 80-90c during benchmarks.
To say that 70c will damage a CPU is absolute nonsense, a quad core CPU running at 1.4ghz will hit 65-70c no problem under full load before temperature throttle kicks in and limits the frequency to cool it off.
Battery temp is a different story, 70c battery temp will probably end up damaging your phone/battery.

70°c can damaged your s3 CPU and you cannot hold the phone. So plz don't make such a comments on temp.

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: Andrew_han

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
Do you really mean Celsius? Water boils at 100°C and I don't think that a CPU could even stand such heat..

Yes I do mean Celsius, and a CPU isn't made of water...
It shut off as that is the safety cut off point for that particular CPU.
I had temperature throttle turned off.
Quite a few people have hit that temperature, go to the gnex forums and ask Simms22 if you want further proof.
I KNOW a CPU can handle that heat because I have actually seen it.

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Yes I do mean Celsius, and a CPU isn't made of water...
It shut off as that is the safety cut off point for that particular CPU.
I had temperature throttle turned off.
Quite a few people have hit that temperature, go to the gnex forums and ask Simms22 if you want further proof.
I KNOW a CPU can handle that heat because I have actually seen it.

Hi,
I agree with nodstuff and I can confirm ;)
The same thing with my Gnex (not with the same kernel :D) With a modified CPU temp limit my Gnex is going up to 98°C, never try with the CPU temp limit disabled but indeed it shut down at 110°C, it's a fact and it's in some doc of TI.
And about the temp of the SIII here we talk about the temp of the battery, not the CPU temp, this is not the same thing, although there is some correlation (but actually with, for example, a battery temp of 50°C, we don't know the real and actually CPU temp)..
When will you have an CPU temp in the SIII??? There is a CPU temp sensor but If I'm not wrong for an application to read the temp the kernel must support it (it's hardcoded).And as far as I know actually there is no way of knowing the CPU temp.
At first with the Gnex it was the same thing, no CPU temp and Franciscofranco has enabled it (the reading by an app) in his app (and also with anothe 3rd apps after) so we can see the CPU temp in real time.
I really missed this feature with the SIII... :(

Last edited:

fatekills

Jul 12, 2012
Bangalore
May b it can handle so much of heat ..but the question is about using the device whn its hot..do u think its will b very convenient to use the device whn the device is at 100 degree?
I guess its not possible !

surender9999

Jul 25, 2012
GURGAON
Hey can you hold your devices with gloves when it take 110°c I think you have two pairs of heat resistant gloves

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Its not just the cpu.. when the heat is dissipated the whole area including the screen gets hot.

Hi,
Hot for sure but obviously not the same temperature of the CPU.
Temperature dissipated, yes, but not 100% transmitted at all the phone. CPU at 110°C you can imagine that the screen is not at this temperature for example, like the back cover, otherwise beware of burns and it's not the case.
When my Gnex reached 98°C it was hot but not unable to hold in hand.
Guys, you never used a Gnex (or another phone maybe) without a CPU temp limit, so disabled, or a modified CPU temp limit with an higher limit before thermal throttling...? The phone is still usuable.when I read you speak about very hot, extremely hot, or overheating with a battery temp of 45°C... Should not you know the CPU temp... :D
Ok the battery temp could be useful but not as much as the CPU temp...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

surender9999

Jul 25, 2012
GURGAON
Nodstuff why you not understand the temperature theory for CPU or mobiles if your CPU take in 110°c temp it can caused many problem and reduce deficiency of your CPU.

Other people are saying all this thing so plz listen carefully and don't run your phone on 110°c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Evidence please that it can damage your CPU .

jje
    Hi guys I am from India and on international s3 and face a problem that s3 get hot upto 48c
    I have a solution for this(must be work)

1. First of all disabled bundled stock apps like chat on etc I have attached a screen shot of disabled apps on my s3

2. Off NFC android beam.

3.disable s voice( big battery eater)

4.must disable s memo and exchange mail

5.clear cache of all files and apps weekly

6.flip board users plz clear your cache routinely( this apps has a network bug that eat more battery in less time.

7. Set sync of apps like Google +,mail,wheather to 6 hours.

Screenshots are below.

Plz tell me after disabled these apps attached below that the tricks work or not

48°C is really like nothing. I remember SGS 1 & SGS 2 especially were getting almost 60°C.
    So - unless some expert denies - I'm pretty sure temperatures up to 70 will not make harm.
    With one exception: temperatures above 40° will shorten battery lifespan in the long run. Li-ion batteries don't like this.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
    My gnex once hit 110c CPU temp and it still works fine, it was regularly hitting 80-90c during benchmarks.
    To say that 70c will damage a CPU is absolute nonsense, a quad core CPU running at 1.4ghz will hit 65-70c no problem under full load before temperature throttle kicks in and limits the frequency to cool it off.
    Battery temp is a different story, 70c battery temp will probably end up damaging your phone/battery.

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Ok. Aftr all this we can say that cpu temp is not the same as phone temp when holding.
    The CPU can withstand temperatures like 100 C.
    Turning off a couple off apps can not decrease the temperatures signuficantly.
    OP, surrender then. :cool:
    9999 times.
    :)