Votes: 57 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

$@k$h@m

Feb 9, 2015
Chandigarh
First off I'd like to thank $@k$h@m for this Thread, the very informative OP is a great thing for newcomers and those like me who've had an S3/i9300 for some time without using it and have come back to the Android scene with such a great phone looking for whats available in kernels/roms.

My post here touches on topics from both of these two points of view quoted above. I'm on a i9300 with Googy-Max 2 Kernel, 1st rom as Archidroid 1.7.18 (4.3 based), no 2nd ROM currently. So I definitely agree with fibu.c.franklin's post below that Archidroid 1.7.18 is VERY STABLE and compatible with all the stock apps and i9300 hardware features. I got it mainly for the stability and the FM Radio compatibility, since I use the FM radio on a daily basis for listening and recording.

BUT the point by $@k$h@m is also a strong one... a 4.3 ROM like mine is missing out on some new Apps and OS features brought along by 5.0 and 6.0, plus new apps might not support 4.3 anymore as time goes on, so having a 5.0 or 6.0-based ROM might be better for app/software compatibility.

So my first question is this, does the 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM that is popular and stable right now, have support for all the original hardware features of the i9300 like stock-based 4.3 ROMs? like the FM Radio, etc? are there any other ROMs that keep that hardware functionality in the i9300 that are 5.0/6.0 based? And if so, what features and bugs are there compared to archidroid 1.7.18?

My second question is, IF the new 5/6.0 ROMs dont support the FM radio, can I dual boot/multiboot my current 4.3 Archidroid 1.7.18 ROM with the 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM? Maybe this way I can have the stability of my 4.3 archi, with the features and software/app compatibility of the 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs.

Firstly Thanks for asking this, i wanted to pick up the problem of FM radio for a long time for our devices, actually as you all know the thing with FM, just like WIFI and Bluetooth, is that it requires both hardware and software, now our devices come pre equipped with the hardware, so we need just the app for running it, and fortunately we now have one, honestly guys, i am really sorry, i have actually know about this app for a long time, just that the question of fm radio had never been raised by anyone so i assumed people already knew about this, so anyhow, all you need is the following app, and root access, and you can access fm radio <the actual fm radio , not the internet one> on any ROM. It comes in both Paid and free version and is available on Play Store as well as on XDA. The app is called Spirit FM, and i have tested it for ver a year now and it works well on all ROM's and on all versions of Android, i am currently using the paid version Spirit 2 compatible with the Cyanogen and other AOSP ROM's.
Link HERE

Now to CubanLegend,
As your FM Radio problem is probably solved by the above app, i'd suggest not double booting your phone, as the 827mb of RAM available on the GS3 can have serious issues while handling 2 ROM's. The memory management will be disturbed the storage space will be clogged. I have tried it with RR[MM] and BlissPoP, with arter kernel's dual boot and actually did not like the results, lags were common and device crash and heating were often.

Reactions: CubanLegend

korahepop

Feb 18, 2013
@$@k$h@m Any karnel with this ROM? I will try with archi V1.7.18...is possible flash boeffla karnel 5.11 with this ROM. Thank you!

Last edited:

abrarakram19

Mar 24, 2013
Dubai
Hi can you tell me crdroid 5.1.1 is best or crdroid 6.0.1 regarding to speed, stability and battery performance.

Last edited:

Mekanik97

Apr 6, 2016
İstanbul
What about offical CM 13? is it fast, stable, full of performance and good battery performance? And im wondering what's the difference between CM13 Nightly and CM13 Snapshot?

$@k$h@m

Feb 9, 2015
Chandigarh
Hello,
sorry for the delay, college life keeps me busy, now then, the question's of the hour , the OS i am currently on, and my views on CM 13, and i guess my pick on a good marshmallow ROM.

So in order -
1. I am currently on Linux Mint edition Ubuntu for phones, i wanted to do a little core stuff, and heck, android is built on Linux so i said why not try it out, but those of you who are considering leaping onto the Ubuntu, i'd suggest precaution, bugs, breakdowns and compatibility issues are very common, plus a pre-requisite knowledge of a little coding might be required.
2. The CM 13 Nightlies seemed to show some problems initially but now most of them have been sorted out as best as I could figure, like i said earlier, one the official Cyanogen become's stable, there's not many ROM's which can compete with it. Although the CM13 based ROM's are not far-off as they trade in multi-feature's at the cost of little or no stability loss.
3. My preference - My three picks for now are the Official CM 13 (latest builds, not the old ones) , Temasek's Unofficial CM13 and Ressurection Remix ,in that order, as currently i am placing the stability above other things, feature wise go with the Unofficial ROM's, but my suggestion will be to choose the latest Official CM 13 <August/September builds>

kenaeny

Oct 20, 2012
My s3 is now more then 3 years old, only used with stock for almost one year then the performance and battery gone worse i decided to root and add a custom rom . i began with tw roms dunno wich ones they where but had great experience with, but when i was in vacation i encountered problems with stability after installing a game to pleasure my kid... Then after painfull vacation but lots of bootloops and such i decided to tryout a cm rom which was archidroid 3.0.2 also a great rom with lots of customatizations ive loved it but bcuz of one bug that annoyed me i switched to miui rom whom had weakly ota updates. It was at first rocksolid but after every update there appeared a bug it slowed down, apps crashing alot etc.

Now after reading this thread i decided to go to cm based rom again and have RR m rom, after 2 weeks of usage im a bit satisfied but needs further testing and optimizations.

Mamnunur

Oct 10, 2016
Download BlissPop for Galaxy S3

Hi
I can not find any link to download Blisspop for Galaxy S3, would you please help

jozejab

Sep 26, 2015
Hello...
I'm using my s3 for about 3 years and a week ago i upgraded to cm13 snapshot.
i gone through certain bugs...camera..gallery..solved.
Now it comes to sound volume.
Then i edited m0 file and volume back again.
But after a phone call i noticed much decrease in volume...really annoying...reboot solves the problem...
Now here i heard about sound mods...
Which one is better....can anyone suggests....

OR HELP ME FIX THE ABOVE BUG..????
THANKS IN ADVANCE????????????

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

What about offical CM 13? is it fast, stable, full of performance and good battery performance? And im wondering what's the difference between CM13 Nightly and CM13 Snapshot?

I don't knw the diff...
but now I'm using snapshot...which is really good...
I'm loving it...even though certain bugs...

ianpocks

Nov 20, 2013
I known camera of cm is not comparative with rom stock. Cm couldn't has a good quality camera for guilty of samsung for not release of drivers....if you need take good photos cm is not for you,but if you prefer amazing features cm or other opensource is for you.

Enviado desde mi GT-i9300 mediante Tapatalk

christianLG

Feb 9, 2016
I want to install a SlimRom to my S3 international! Is it possible to install one of the new SlimRoms from slimroms.org to my GT-i9300 international? On the side I found only T-mobile, Verizon ...!
I reactivate my old S3 and I had SlimKat on it in former times! Very quickly, stable and smooth! Kernel was the Yank.
Thank you for your help!

Psycho103

Jul 27, 2016
Vadodara
Which version of xposed framework should I use with blisspop, because I flashed v86 and SystemUI was lagging like hell so I've disabled xposed for now so please suggest a stable framework.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

$@k$h@m

Feb 9, 2015
Chandigarh
Hello Guys,
I am sorry to say that I am no longer using an S3, I gave it to my cousin to experiment on and am currently on Xiaomi MI5, hence i will no longer be able to update, or reply on this thread, now, i know many people are still using the S3, and want to try out the super user experience, hence try to keep this thread alive by answering each other's queries, or by asking a senior member to help.
In case of a serious brick, or trouble related to the device, {seriously, serious} - contact me: saksham0505@gmail.com , with " [xda-s3] " in the subject, i'll try my best to look into it.
Thanks guys for supporting this thread,
Love 'n Peace
$@k$h@m

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I have been using an S3 {yeah S3 , i know old, but duh i just love it } for over 3 years now . I started out as a complete noob, still am, and S3 was the first phone that i started working on. Over the years i have tried many custom ROM's , Kernel's and MOD's and i have tried here to create a List of Best Performing Custom Items over the course of 1 year, with special care for people like me who have just started out in the world of android, So here goes. {in 4 steps} :-

<1> Best "FAIL-SAFE" Method of Rooting/Installing a custom ROM - I know most of the people are afraid of bricking their device's, the first time they root. I have been in that situation and had my phone soft bricked many times while trying out different thing's. So the Most FAIL-SAFE Method that i have come up with is this:-
    Many people suggest rooting the devices first and then installing a custom ROM. I have tried to do things a little differently so that the first timers can get comfortable.

A. First thing to do is install CyanogenMod on your specific devices. [without rooting] , The developers at cyanogen have made an application to directly install Cyanogen to your devices from your PC like a regular Software Install. The Link and the Instructions can be found on the official Website - http://get.cm. The process is very simple and easy to do and after the install your device gets automatic root access. The xda thread - http://http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-cm-app-installer-t2959922 - {you get CM - 11 from this download }

B. Now that your device is has CyanogenMod, you get a rooted device and a custom ROM. But the problem with Cyanogen is that the Custom recovery which it provides has very limited options available. So the next step is to go to Google Play Store and download "TWRP Manager" or "ROM Manager" [i personally use TWRP]. This application will help you to Install the TWRP or CWM recoveries on your Phone. The process is fairly simple, After Installing the App, Choose your Device Model and Version and Let the app do the rest of the work. PS the apps require ROOT access which your phone can provide now.

C. By now if all the steps are performed correctly [very less chance of something going wrong because most of the tings are done automatically] your respective device should have a custom Recovery installed. Next and Most important step is to Create a NANDROID BACKUP [basically an ultimate backup to restore everything]. Go to recovery mode [Home+Volume up + Power button] and select backup, and make a complete backup on your SD card. It's really important to create a Backup before doing anything. This step must not be skipped in any case.

D. Now it's time to let your imagination run wild xD, Download custom ROM's, Kernel's MOD's etc and just copy the zip's to the SD card and install them using the recovery. In case anything goes wrong Just restore from the Backup you made earlier.
    [PS: Update your backup's regularly]

<2> Now's the list of My Personal Favorite's which Have Improve the overall Performance of My Phone Greatly. All the ROM's, Kernel's etc have been personally tested by me for over 3 month's for Issues related to Stability, Performance and Bug's . I have tried to put forward the Best package for optimal performance.

1. Recovery [doesn't affect much] - - TWRP Recovery: Personally "Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP)" is my favorite because of it's easy to use touch control's , it's efficiency and Design. I like the cool blue texture theme of TWRP and the speed with which it create's backup and install's new things. The performance of the Phone does no depend upon the Recovery though and you may choose whichever recovery you are comfortable with.

2. ROM - BlissPOP v4.0.3 (CM 12.1 base) : Yes i have chosen this ROM out of the many other i tried. The reasons are very simple, This ROM provides outstanding stability and Performance to the device. There is no bloatware in the ROM and there are simply hundred's of features available for customization. It's compatible with generally all the Kernel's and Mods available for your device and the regular Nightlie's are an added bonus. It's the only ROM based on Lollipop(5.1.1) in which i haven't found any Bug's or stability issues.

Many people told me to try Paranoid ROM but personally i find Paranoid a little buggy, and i found that the PI controls and Halo, due to which the ROM is popular are not of any important use to people like us. They only add a touch of appearance to the device [strictly my view and i mean no offence to any other person ].

3. Kernel - Archie kernel for Galaxy S3 - http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/kernel-archikernel-v1-0-power-hands-t2785337

4. MOD's -

A. Audio Engine - Ac!d Audio - http://http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/mod-acid-audio-engine-v5-0-samsung-t2002197

Viper4Android -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

6. Root Applications -

A. Titanium Backup:
    You can backup, restore, freeze (with Pro) your apps + data + Market links. This includes all protected apps & system apps, plus external data on your SD card. You can do 0-click batch & scheduled backups. Backups will operate without closing any apps (with Pro). You can move any app (or app data) to/from the SD card. Available on Google Play

B. AdAway for Android [built-in app in BlissPop ROM]:
    to block ads on your Android device this app is not avalibale on the playstore but you can still install it from this link

C. Greenify:
    Is a good application to make your Android device more faster, by hibernating the background apps that you don't use. this application is completely free. Available on Google Play

These are the only Apps which i find useful in the long run as i have to use them constantly. Rest application's are used from time to time but not regularly. So this is My List, i'd be glad if anyone want's to add to it ^.^ :)

I'd Like to Thanks the Amazing People who have Made the above Programs to make our Phone More performance and Appearance efficient. ------> CyanogenMod community, BlissPOP community, xda developers, Jeeko, JustArchie, amarullz, the Ac!d Audio Engine Team,zhuhang(Viper Mod), TWRP team. :)
    Give a Thanks if u were helped by the post :)

================================================================================================================
    Intense Testing Period -> Over 8 months [tried the new Lollipop ROMS's , over 20 kernels, Latest Android M ROM's , some personal opinions
    ================================================================================================================
    Firstly sorry, for the delayed updates, i have been a little busy trying to develop my own ROM (surprise! surprise!, not for S3 unfortunately thought as i can never come close to the current ROM wiz's :p ), now in the second edition , I have tried to utilize my knowledge over 8 months to put up a new more enhanced guide and have also put up common and uncommon bugs which I experienced along the way and have provider the working solutions for them. Also I am extremely sorry for all those broken links and not working Mods, i'll try to keep my list precise, sharp and accurate this time.

1. Alternate method to Root (super easy, risk free, takes at maximum 5 minutes) - {for windows running PC, stock ROM or any other custom ROM can be used}
    So, I would still recommend using my method 1 in order to initially root your device, install a custom ROM and a Recovery as i know the fear and anxiety or every new user trying to root his phone for the first time.
    Now for a little more experienced users (quickie guide) [for I9300 version] who do not want to spend a lifetime to just get their devices rooted -
    (a) Download the Chainfire's AutoRoot file here and place this file on your PC.
    (b) Download Odin (latest version) on your PC here and unzip the file and start odin.
    (c) Power down the device, then reboot in Download Mode [ press Power button + Home Button + Volume Down Key] and press volume up key at the caution screen. (little Hint: mostly the device reboots itself when you do not press the 3 buttons at the same time, to counter this press the volume up button and the home button first and hold them and then press the power button until you see the Galaxy S3 logo)
    (d) Now connect your device to your PC using a sturdy USB cable. After doing this 2 outcomes are possible:-
    ~1. Your device is identified by Odin and a faint blue colour is shown on one of the top tabs indicating the port through which your device is connected. In this case proceed to step (e).
    ~2. If your device is not recognized by odin ie no blue colour, then the drivers of your device might not be installed on your PC. To tackle this download the Driver Suite from Samsung here and run the program. If done correctly when you next connect your device the drivers should get installed and odin should recognize your device.

(e) Click the "AP" button on odin and select the "Chainfire's v-xxx .mad5.tar " file which you downloaded above, odin will then take some time to check the file and when it's ready press start. CAUTION - do not change Odin's settings and assure that Reset Runtime and Auto Reboot are selected, never select re-partition on the odin interface.

(f) After the installation is complete your device should reboot automatically and you should have SuperSU installed (indiacting 99.99% times that your device rooted successfully ).

(g) If you want you can then install a custom recovery using the method indicated in my "method 1" [above].
    -feel free to message me for any doubts-

Here are some of my new recommendations based on personal experiences:-

2. ROM's - I will try to divide this section based on firstly Android System and then further based on Stability, Features, Performance. Further i will be adding 2 ROM's for Android M . [i will not be naming ROMS which have a touchWiz interface]
    (A) Android Lollipop and Below
    Stability - Official CyanogenMOD 11.x [kitkat 4.1.1] - Zero Doubt, this one is the most stable thing out there for S3, old, yes but well you can do anything you want with this ROM and it will not seriously bug out on you when you need it. If someone does not mind going for an older version of android and needs epic stability, just go for it.

Features - BlissPop v3.0.x [CM 12.1 base][ Lollipop 5.1.1] - This ROM is filled with features, you name it, this ROM has it, PI controls, Built-in apps including AdAway, Kernel Modifier, Greenify, SuperSU etc, seamlessly integrated into the build environment. Each and every feature of this ROM is customizable, every font, colour and animation. Simply put, for someone who needs features and customizations go for this one. On the other hand, this ROM is less stable (crashes quite often ) and provides a slightly laggy gaming experience. No bloatwares in this ROM.

Performance - ArchiDroid [CM12.1 base][Lollipop 5.1.1] - Performance, Performance and more performance, all the technical aspects of your device will be enhanced and although the customization features are minimal but this ROM turns your device into a Performance Beast. All the gamers and performance lovers, what are you waiting for :)

Android 6.x.y Marshmallow

1. RESSURRECTION REMIX M - Fast, Durable, Amazing performance. Fell in love with this one when i used it, and this is my current ROM, no bugs so far and have been using it for over 1 month. Immensely Customizable, no lag during gaming, an amazing upgrade from Lollipop.

2. NamelessROM 3.0 - Feature Loaded, Minimal, good Looks and customization features and of course the ever caring support team of Nameless makes this a go to ROM.

>>> A bit more studying will be required before i finally divide the Android M ROMS's based on their features, performance and stability. Will be posting the results as soon as i am finished.

3. Kernels - AGNi pureCM and Boeffla-Kernel (26-03-2016) , tied, tested and proved that they are the best on very benchmark or performance test, although battery usage is better balanced on AGNi whereas Boeffla is more inclined towards performance.

You can find the Links to all the above ROM's and Kernels and many more in this thread - here

PS - Please Post your bugs in the thread and i will do my best to try and solve them out with an easy and sure solution :)

Cheers!
    As a user of S3 for over 4 years, which is still my primary phone with no complaints, if you are not concerned about android version, then the best option will be ArchiDroid V1.7.18 based on stock 4.3 (My personal opinion).

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-archidroid-v1-7-16-power-hands-t2228171

I have tried a lot of popular custom ROMs including Cyanogen, Archidroid's Lollipop, 4.4.4 Ports from I9305... and found problems like bugs, poor camera performance, stability issues, heating and battery drain.

Few things to note while using this ROM:
    1) Use stock app for minimum requirements (camera essential). Do not install bloatware.
    2) Use Nova launcher
    3) Use external apps for Dialer, Contacts (True Phone), Messaging (Google messenger/Textra) and Gallery (Quickpic)

You will have the best performance and stability from your S3 then. It makes a perfect compromise between everything. Ultimate daily driver. You will never have the excitement of new android versions/new apps which supports newer android versions, but will have a rock solid "Phone" for primary use.
    Hi warren
    Yes I have used slimrom too on the s3. Its good but as u are looking for stability I would suggest go for cyanogen because in my experience cyanogen shells out a better performance as compared to slimrom. My gaming experience was a little reduced in slimrom and I experienced a little lag but no such issue in cyanogen.

Secondly if you use ubunto I would suggest going for a virtual box to install windows and then the cyanogen application as it's the safest way to install a ROM.
    U have to got to " get.cm " from both your phone and PC
    On PC a windows installerbwoll be downloaded and on the phone an APK will be downloaded first install the apk the install the windows program and then continue as given in the installer setup.
    Else mate, I wud say first download the stock ROM of s3 as a backup and the continue to root in the traditional way .

Any problem just ask me :)
    Cheers
    Hi $@k$h@m

I used Heimdall in Ubuntu and I managed to root and put SuperSU on my phone ! I also put TWRP recovery on as well and then did a backup of my stock ROM. I am now ready for some ROM flashing!

I am unsure whether to go for CM11 or something like Tamasek's CM12.1 ROM. Have you used Tamasek's ROM before? Thinking about it for the first flash I think I will use CM11 snapshot and arter97 kernel. Then I will nandroid backup and then I have a stable ROM/kernel combo to fall back on in the future.

Looking at arter97 kernel can you tell me about f2fs support and how I get it? Does it speed up certain parts of the memory? Is it worth flashing? Also, the kernel mentions touch wake. Is this available for the S3?

Cheers.
    Hello Warren,
    Good to hear that you are having fun with your new phone.
    Firstly yes i have used Tamasek's/JustArchie's CM12.1 ROM and it's quite good to be honest. So first i'll talk about it then i'll come to the kernel.
    So 12.1 yes, the most noticeable change android L 5.1, all good, nice appearance, but i would say just think again for a bit.
    A comparison between the two is a mammoth task but i'll try to brief it for you and tell you why i like the CM11 better even though it has android KK. It's upto to you though what you choose to flash. i even have a nice tip for you in the end :)

So first let's see the CM12.1 -
    Quite stable, i used it for like a month or so for testing and got a good result. The performance was at par with the rest of the ROM available for S3. The Graphics, Audio and Processing quality is also good and is suitable for light use. Here's the catch though, Firstly the Gaaps, many gaaps available Android L are not compatible with the unofficial 12.1 so u'll have to look around to find the correct set of Gaaps.
    Secondly i personally find that the CM 11 has a much neat finish as compared to CM 12.1, i don't really care about the android version as for me if i can have all the features of android L in a more stable KitKat ROM i don't usually upgrade my ROM. THe reasons are very simple
    Firstly it's Unofficial, No Nightlies, rare updates. Also the unofficial ROM is alive only till the Developer is still working on it. Once he stops his work it's a very slim chance that you can get your bugs fixed.
    As for the Official one, there are thousands of forums on Solutions to various Bugs and Numerous customization options. We can't really know whether the unofficial 12.1 supports all the things available for the official ROM.
    Based on Performance both the ROMS perform equally, there's a camera Bug in the 12.1 which can be a problem sometimes but rest is all good.
    On a personal side [not really of importance] i like the Calculator of the CM 11 better than CM 12.1. :p

Now the Kernel - arter97 is simply amazing, The most noticeable changes are - 1800 GHz overclocking [yeah from 1400 to 1800 BOOM!],
    the Knock feature - Tap the screen to unlock the phone, no need to use any buttons, Battery Tweaks etc.
    Also it used a custom engine to allocate the Files to various partitions to the memory so yeah it saves space plus we can even Increase our RAM a bit by using the Internal Memory of the Phone.
    I am a Hardcore Gamer and use my phone to the limit sometimes [ Playing Asphalt 8, Real Racing, GTA: San-Andreas, FIFA 15 and WWE Immortals can take it's toll on the phone.] these games require very high end phones but with this kernel they all run liquid smooth on my phone without even a slightest bit of lag. So yeah i would surely recommend arter97's Kernel. PLUS u get Boeffla Audio Engine which is an added BOnuS :)
    Touch WIZ -- Not Necessary, I flashed it using TWRP and it worked Just fine. :)
    f2f - f2f has better memory allotments and it's pre configured, we usually don't have to enable it, it's much better than extD though.
    TIP - arter97 supports dual Booting so you can even enjoy cm12.1 and cm 11 at the same tine ;) [Dual Booting i'll cover in the next post if you have a problem doing it ]

-----> Also U can use the Siyah Kernal, which work's just fine and even has an amazing Boot Image :p but now as much features as arter's.
    First off I'd like to thank $@k$h@m for this Thread, the very informative OP is a great thing for newcomers and those like me who've had an S3/i9300 for some time without using it and have come back to the Android scene with such a great phone looking for whats available in kernels/roms.

My post here touches on topics from both of these two points of view quoted above. I'm on a i9300 with Googy-Max 2 Kernel, 1st rom as Archidroid 1.7.18 (4.3 based), no 2nd ROM currently. So I definitely agree with fibu.c.franklin's post below that Archidroid 1.7.18 is VERY STABLE and compatible with all the stock apps and i9300 hardware features. I got it mainly for the stability and the FM Radio compatibility, since I use the FM radio on a daily basis for listening and recording.

BUT the point by $@k$h@m is also a strong one... a 4.3 ROM like mine is missing out on some new Apps and OS features brought along by 5.0 and 6.0, plus new apps might not support 4.3 anymore as time goes on, so having a 5.0 or 6.0-based ROM might be better for app/software compatibility.

So my first question is this, does the 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM that is popular and stable right now, have support for all the original hardware features of the i9300 like stock-based 4.3 ROMs? like the FM Radio, etc? are there any other ROMs that keep that hardware functionality in the i9300 that are 5.0/6.0 based? And if so, what features and bugs are there compared to archidroid 1.7.18?

My second question is, IF the new 5/6.0 ROMs dont support the FM radio, can I dual boot/multiboot my current 4.3 Archidroid 1.7.18 ROM with the 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM? Maybe this way I can have the stability of my 4.3 archi, with the features and software/app compatibility of the 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs.

Firstly Thanks for asking this, i wanted to pick up the problem of FM radio for a long time for our devices, actually as you all know the thing with FM, just like WIFI and Bluetooth, is that it requires both hardware and software, now our devices come pre equipped with the hardware, so we need just the app for running it, and fortunately we now have one, honestly guys, i am really sorry, i have actually know about this app for a long time, just that the question of fm radio had never been raised by anyone so i assumed people already knew about this, so anyhow, all you need is the following app, and root access, and you can access fm radio <the actual fm radio , not the internet one> on any ROM. It comes in both Paid and free version and is available on Play Store as well as on XDA. The app is called Spirit FM, and i have tested it for ver a year now and it works well on all ROM's and on all versions of Android, i am currently using the paid version Spirit 2 compatible with the Cyanogen and other AOSP ROM's.
    Link HERE

Now to CubanLegend,
    As your FM Radio problem is probably solved by the above app, i'd suggest not double booting your phone, as the 827mb of RAM available on the GS3 can have serious issues while handling 2 ROM's. The memory management will be disturbed the storage space will be clogged. I have tried it with RR[MM] and BlissPoP, with arter kernel's dual boot and actually did not like the results, lags were common and device crash and heating were often.