FORUMS

Global shortage of Pebble Blue version at launch???

2,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,005

By NZtechfreak, Senior Member on 25th May 2012, 08:29 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Multiple sources now starting to confirm this news...

Would this affect your decision to get an S3? Some are already taking about passing on it completely unless the blue is available ASAP!

[UPDATE] Samsung Benelux PR Manager confirms delay of Pebble Blue to the Dutch market, reported by tweakers.net. Several other markets now reporting delays in Pebble Blue, at present UK still looks to be receiving stock of the Pebble Blue. Apparently problems in production of the rear-casing as speculated - tweakers.net say Samsung have destroyed 600,000 of the rear-cases and made changes to production!
25th May 2012, 08:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Its probably due to demand from what are considered premium markets, namely Europe. Its also possible Samsung underestimated the popularity of the blue unit.

Quite why people would not buy one just because of a slight delay i don't know, nothing else is coming out by the end of June. Its just posturing, they will still buy one of the want one.
25th May 2012, 08:47 AM |#3  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 45

More
here in middle east so far only whites are available no blue..
25th May 2012, 08:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
it also might be because they've detected some flaw with the blue ones, and if that's the case samsung is doing the right thing with pulling those back. I'd rather wait a few weeks than have another One X experience, though I've pre-ordered the white one.
25th May 2012, 08:59 AM |#5  
Flag Out there somewhere
Thanks Meter: 4,757

Donate to Me
More
How about global shortage of food? More important imho

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
25th May 2012, 09:04 AM |#6  
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 49

More
What a ridiculous comment in the article - " the near-universally disliked Marble White version"! Where is there any evidence for that at all? Sure, maybe more people prefer the blue but I have seen virtually no comments that the white is a bad colour and a lot of people on XDA have chosen the white over the blue - not just me .
25th May 2012, 09:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I have heard rumours about this too. An employee in a local store said to my friend that they might not have the blue color available in 29th May. I ordered the white one.
25th May 2012, 09:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 823

Donate to Me
More
haiz same here
malaysia gonna selling s3 soon, and local telco start pre-order it
and just got white colour for the option =_=
25th May 2012, 09:18 AM |#9  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm2002

What a ridiculous comment in the article - " the near-universally disliked Marble White version"! Where is there any evidence for that at all? Sure, maybe more people prefer the blue but I have seen virtually no comments that the white is a bad colour and a lot of people on XDA have chosen the white over the blue - not just me .

I agree with you. I chose blue because negri guy told me that white will be available two three days late...

Sent from my HTC One X on BinDroid's ROM.
25th May 2012, 10:11 AM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 167

More
I've just called the nice people at Clove.co.uk with whom I have my pre-order for a blue unit. They are currently not aware of any delays and are expecting to receive their first batch (including pebble blue ones) on Tuesday. Though obviously things can change between now and next week! But fingers crossed...

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad
25th May 2012, 10:24 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Samsung Nordic has said that there will be no blue at launch without really giving a reason more than to say they were just more popular. Although they said this to a number of retailers in Sweden, they have said it is true of all the Nordic countries. One of the retailers got them to offer a "hopefully maybe" later in the same week, but other retailers are now backtracking on the blue, pushing dates back to 15-19 June.

This story from NZ sounds more likely than their failing to get the mix right as I'm sure the operator pre-orders should have given them solid data as to what to expect.

My only qualms with the white one is the risk of glare from the white frame around the screen outdoors. I have a Samsung Media Player 5.0 that's white and I quite like it, but the frame around the screen itself is actually black.

Still, faced with deciding between a white early next week or a blue 2-3 weeks down the line, I'll go with the white.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Maybe Sammy should just release it in three colors: marble white and low-rider bondo multi-color at launch, followed by pebble blue next quarter.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread