Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

JB 4.1.2 and Camera Driver

450 posts
Thanks Meter: 186

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All!

I am not sure this topic was not discussed so if I am double-posting - sorry!

Anyway I was informed someone expects problem with camera after update to 4.1.2.

The reason is the firmware contains updated driver which is not pre-installed in the phone because the firmware is actually a dump.

I would like to explain the way I performed to solve the problem (now I have GT-i9300 with 4.1.2 and working stock Camera (both video/photo) and other camera applications also).

First of all: make a Nandroid backup! I have tested all the steps but I cannot guaranty everything will work properly in your case.

Second - I can help with GT-i9300 only. If you have other device - sorry. Maybe this receipt works - maybe not, I don't know.

1. Please dial in stock dialer the following: *#34971539#
2. In menu please choose Phone/CAM FW Ver Check
We need to know your two parameters: Cam FW Ver and Phone FW Ver.
Cam FW Ver is a version of driver installed in your phone. Phone FW Ver is a version which comes with a firmware. Usually firmware's one is newer. In my case it was
Quote:

Rear Camera ZDFE02
Phone FW ZDFI02

3. You have to download newer driver. In my example I had to download ZDFI02 driver - and I believe everybody will have the same issue because this is the driver which comes with leaked 4.1.2. In other way I suspect you have mixed up something to make Camera working - I suggest to re-burn the firmware again. Anyway - you are free to test.

Be careful! There are other camera vendors exists - and it is easy to detect by first two letters of driver version (in our case it is ZD). If you have other vendor - please download appropriate driver.

After you have download the archive you have to unpack the file named "SlimISP.bin" on your sdcard (internal one).
Then dial *#34971539# once again and choose Phone to CAM FW Write (Rear) (if you have unpacked the file properly - this button will become active). Flashing will take about 20-30 seconds - please be patient.

After flashing finishes exit the Camera Firmware menu and enter it once again (*#34971539#). Choose Phone/CAM FW Ver Check
Check again above-mentioned two parameters: Cam FW Ver and Phone FW Ver. If you are lucky enough they will be equal and the process completed successfully.

The source is 4pda forum (and all thanks should be addressed to them and Pako777 individually).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZDFE02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.7 KB, 7699 views)
File Type: zip ZDFF03.zip - [Click for QR Code] (162.5 KB, 3674 views)
File Type: zip ZDFI02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (162.4 KB, 15248 views)
File Type: zip GCFC13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (160.8 KB, 1017 views)
File Type: zip GDFE01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (158.4 KB, 983 views)
File Type: zip GDFE02_JPN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (158.6 KB, 728 views)
File Type: zip GDFF02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.2 KB, 892 views)
File Type: zip GDFF03.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.5 KB, 1451 views)
File Type: zip GDFI02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (158.6 KB, 4301 views)
File Type: zip GEFC13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.2 KB, 590 views)
File Type: zip GJFG01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (158.9 KB, 605 views)
File Type: zip GKFH10.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.6 KB, 654 views)
File Type: zip GKFI01_NoteII.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.7 KB, 539 views)
File Type: zip GKFI03_NoteII.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.4 KB, 767 views)
File Type: zip ZCFC13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (159.4 KB, 622 views)
File Type: zip ZDFE03_JPN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.5 KB, 815 views)
File Type: zip ZDFF02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.9 KB, 1058 views)
File Type: zip ZEFC13.zip - [Click for QR Code] (157.8 KB, 639 views)
File Type: zip ZKFH10.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.3 KB, 856 views)
File Type: zip ZKFI01_NoteII.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.7 KB, 1200 views)
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to GrayJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrayJack Ad-Free

21st November 2012, 07:14 PM |#2  
Flag Saint-Brieuc
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Be carefull!

Gt-i9300 could come with 2 different camera hardware: one from sony and one from samsung

It is the same thing with the camera firmwares:ZD and GD
Mine has GDFF03

For those who have GD firmwares: do not use files in first post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mopral Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 07:23 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7,053

Donate to Me
More
S3 has equal number of gd and zd camera models

《Samsung rom》
The Following User Says Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bala_gamer Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 07:30 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopral

Be carefull!

Gt-i9300 could come with 2 different camera hardware: one from sony and one from samsung

It is the same thing with the camera firmwares:ZD and GD
Mine has GDFF03

For those who have GD firmwares: do not use files in first post!

Yes you are right. First post updated, one driver I could not attach (I have 21 of them) - here it is.

EDITED: GHFJ02 and firmwares added, all credits to matthessimo for this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZKFI03_NoteII.zip - [Click for QR Code] (161.6 KB, 592 views)
File Type: zip BHFJ02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (156.7 KB, 974 views)
File Type: zip GHFJ02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (156.7 KB, 574 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrayJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrayJack Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 07:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 779

More
Thank your for making this great guide.
I have GDFF03. do I have to update?

Send from my Omega ROM powered SGS3
21st November 2012, 08:11 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Thank your for making this great guide.
I have GDFF03. do I have to update?

Send from my Omega ROM powered SGS3

Once again: the main idea is to make Cam FW Ver and Phone FW Ver equal. If your GDFF03 is this value in both parameters - everything should work.

But once again - after my update to 4.1.2 I see later ..FI02 version of the driver - but from another vendor. So I am a little bit surprised you have GDFF03, not GDFI02.

Anyway - I repeat: the main idea is not to update to latest version, but to make them equal.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrayJack Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 08:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
How will I know if I have a problem? Everything is working fine for me...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
21st November 2012, 10:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
it is really a non issue, because the only "problem" there would be after the update, is that you can not use the "flash phone to cam FW" option in that hidden menu. since no one ever did report an increase in quality after flashing another FW from phone to cam i do not see the point, but YES, after update the option to flash from phone to cam is greyed out.

CAM FW: GDFF02
Phone FW: GDFI02

ISP Ver :CML0801-M0

to clarify what the original poster forget to say... you will not have problems with your using/operating the camera after using the leaked JB 4.1.2, you simply do not have the option to flash a new firmware version for the cam onto it
The Following User Says Thank You to v1rtu4l For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v1rtu4l Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 11:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 700

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rtu4l

it is really a non issue, because the only "problem" there would be after the update, is that you can not use the "flash phone to cam FW" option in that hidden menu. since no one ever did report an increase in quality after flashing another FW from phone to cam i do not see the point, but YES, after update the option to flash from phone to cam is greyed out.

CAM FW: GDFF02
Phone FW: GDFI02

ISP Ver :CML0801-M0

to clarify what the original poster forget to say... you will not have problems with your using/operating the camera after using the leaked JB 4.1.2, you simply do not have the option to flash a new firmware version for the cam onto it

I disagree. There's definitely difference in pictures comparing June drivers gdfe01 and latest ones. Whether the changes are always for the better is debatable cause I hated gdff03 white balance but night shots were much better.

I'm on 4.1.1 Indian lj5 and have just updated to gdfi02, hopefully they have better white balance.
If the driver is not in cam firmware the camera is simply not using it...

When I updated the cam driver, phone firmware matched it even after deleting bin file from sd card although flash button became greyed out which is fine now.

So now lj5 with gdfi02 on cam and phone firmware.
Testing JKay alpha on GT-I9300
21st November 2012, 11:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idan73

I disagree. There's definitely difference in pictures comparing June drivers and latest ones. Whether the changes are always for the better is debatable cause I hated gdff03 white balance but night shots were much better.

I'm on 4.1.1 Indian lj5 and have just updated to gdfi02, hopefully they have better white balance.
If the driver is not in cam firmware the camera is simply not using it...

When I updated the cam driver, phone firmware matched it even after deleting bin file from sd card.

it is very debatable if there is any difference at all. there are several threads about this already where people upgraded their firmware or even flashed the firmware of the sony module onto phones with samsung camera module and apart from the obvious confirmation bias that was to be expected there was no proof for a change. no one did ever check this under even remotely "professional" circumstances. taking photos with 5 seconds difference will result in 2 different photos already without the change of firmware. if you do not control all things that factor into the resulting photo you can not say what leads to the photo. i upgraded according to this thread but did not see any difference.

to make sure that it is really the firmware change that leads to other results you would have needed to put your phone on a tripod and shot photos in similar circumstances with both firmwares

of course everyone may believe what they like. i personally put this into the same category like "OMG i flashed the new firmware and now my phone is faster", because people get used to the slower speed of a phone with all apps and services running and then get overwhelmed by a phone after a wipe flash that is faster then before (which has nothing to do with the firmware itself)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to v1rtu4l For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v1rtu4l Ad-Free
22nd November 2012, 12:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 700

More
I agree with everything you just said, but I still disagree, if that makes sense cause I still stand behind everything I said.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.2, camera

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)