FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] Galaxy S3 Modem / Radio Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

7,965 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,929

By UpInTheAir, Account currently disabled on 29th June 2012, 03:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2013, 01:57 PM |#1501  
Thanks Meter: 5,976

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePureHeart

I'm asking if it's okay/safe to flash a 4.1.2 modem on a ROM which has OpenRIL.

Generally if you can't answer a question, you don't answer it.

Moving on swiftly, I've tested it and no real change in reception. Thanks to OP and contributors.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition

Sorry i misjudged the level of your knowledge .
Thinking you where looking for the best modem for O2 network .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JJEgan Ad-Free

24th July 2013, 02:03 PM |#1502  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Sorry i misjudged the level of your knowledge .
Thinking you where looking for the best modem for O2 network .

jje

Nope, I just momentarily forgot that modem and RIL are separate.

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
24th July 2013, 02:28 PM |#1503  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalmawa

Update: BVEMF1 Modem from Austrian Orange EMF1 firmware : Odin tar package

It's UBELL1 modem which was posted few months ago

i'd like to sign up for a request here pls:

BVEMF1 modem WITHOUT integrated RIL and CWM flashable pls.
24th July 2013, 02:41 PM |#1504  
Thanks Meter: 3,139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSkilled

i'd like to sign up for a request here pls:

BVEMF1 modem WITHOUT integrated RIL and CWM flashable pls.

Its in stash now, enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to Perka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Perka Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 12:15 AM |#1505  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can anyone help me?
I'm using Unofficial CM10.1 Temasek with temasek kernel...

Wich modem are the best here in Brazil? (One that is compatible with this rom).

I'm using "Vivo" network!

Thanks
25th July 2013, 12:25 PM |#1506  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Issues with XXWMF6/XXEMG4 ROMs and older modems
Hi

It appears that the latest I9300 ROMS change the EFS partition and it is not possible to use an older modem as it is unable to read the IMEI from the new EFS format. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11912.

Having flashed the XXEMG4 ROM, it *only* works with the XXEMG4 modem and no older ones.

Peter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whiskerp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whiskerp Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 09:40 AM |#1507  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hey guys,

ive been using the search function of this thread, but the latest answer "vodafone germany" gave me was from June 29th. Whats the latest and most recommended modem & radio for Vodafone, Germany?

Thx a lot in advance!
26th July 2013, 12:09 PM |#1508  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskerp

Hi

It appears that the latest I9300 ROMS change the EFS partition and it is not possible to use an older modem as it is unable to read the IMEI from the new EFS format. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11912.

Having flashed the XXEMG4 ROM, it *only* works with the XXEMG4 modem and no older ones.

This is true, but you can restore the old EFS to use older modems if you have a backup to restore from.
27th July 2013, 11:44 PM |#1509  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
hey guys
i flashed a new modem on my phone and suddenly i cant receive any calls. there is not notification on my phone but the call is ringing on the other person's phone. i also cannot end any call. i have to force stop the phone app. 3g is working fine. messages are working fine its just the call thats not working. please help im running paranoid android 3.68 with googy max kernel and baseband xxelkc and my ril is xxdlib. i have tried many different modems none are solving the problem. please help
28th July 2013, 06:12 AM |#1510  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanfire123

hey guys
i flashed a new modem on my phone and suddenly i cant receive any calls. there is not notification on my phone but the call is ringing on the other person's phone. i also cannot end any call. i have to force stop the phone app. 3g is working fine. messages are working fine its just the call thats not working. please help im running paranoid android 3.68 with googy max kernel and baseband xxelkc and my ril is xxdlib. i have tried many different modems none are solving the problem. please help

Because the ril in modem ppackage doesn't compatible with Rom. You can open the package delete all ril inside before flash. Or after flash modem successed, reflash your Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to tr4usut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tr4usut Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 06:57 AM |#1511  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4usut

Because the ril in modem ppackage doesn't compatible with Rom. You can open the package delete all ril inside before flash. Or after flash modem successed, reflash your Rom

thanks man you really helped me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)