FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S3 i9300 Unbrick [restore to stock rom] [noobs][easy]

163 posts
Thanks Meter: 361
 
By TechMasta, Senior Member on 12th March 2013, 09:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys! This is a noob-proof guide on how to flash stock samsung firmware on your i9300. Whether you have bricked it or just want the stock firmware back. Here's how to do it (detailed explaination)

WARNING! : This is only for the GT i9300 (international version) , Check your device before proceeding. Also you might lose all your data. So backup! i am not responsible if you brick your phone(although very unlikely) by not following the guide properly


Also you will lose your custom recovery, Custom ROM and will not longer have root

Ok lets begin!

1. Make sure you have the samsung drivers installed on your pc (http://bit.ly/SDaIIE)
2. Your device should have at least 80% battery left
3. Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Developer Options>Tick the Usb debugging tick box!

Files needed :

1. Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMC3 for Galaxy S3 I9300 - http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202240205/...1_NEE.zip.html
2. Odin 3.07 - http://bit.ly/16aRzF4

Extract The firmware Zip file until you get a file with a .tar extension and some other files. Do not extract furthur
Extract odin zip file till you get Odin3 v3.07.exe

Now here comes the actual flashing part

1. Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.

2. Now, get into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.

3.Open odin as administrator and connect your s3 to your computer with usb cable

4. You will get a message "Added" in the message box in odin and You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.

if you don't get this , try another usb port.. if it still doesn't come , reinstall drivers.

5. Select these files from I9300XXEMC3 folder in Odin at respective buttons:

Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here with *code* appearing in its name
Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting , otherwise ignore it.

6. make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file

7. Double check everything above and hit start!

8. once flashing is complete the phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.

After completing these steps, Make sure to wipe the cache and do a factory reset in clockworkmod recovery if you do happen to find yourself in a bootloop (phone rebooting continuously) Or just do it anyways to prevent a bootloop from occurring.


congrats! , you have just restored your i9300!

If this has helped you make sure to hit the thanks button!
The Following 189 Users Say Thank You to TechMasta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechMasta Ad-Free
 
 
12th March 2013, 09:35 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,098
 
More
Re: Galaxy S3 i9300 Unbrick [restore to stock rom] [noobs][easy]
should be in General
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glebun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Glebun Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 10:50 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,446
 
More
We already have this exact same topic posted .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JJEgan Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 01:03 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Deleted OS
Please Help me this is important i had Galaxy s3 cyanogen mod 10.1 and i wanted to get back to stoke firmware i get to CWM and i did this:
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data
actually i format the phone to Zero i tried to flash stoke firmware with odin but it's not installing it get to NAND Write Start!!
and stop please help me !!!!
12th March 2013, 01:21 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Great simple procedure.. it seems as I never tried... I entered Android world recently..

Just wanted to know few things..

I bought S3 with ICS. upgraded to 4.1.2 but I feels some lagging after upgrade.

So questions are :

1. Can I get back to ICS without voiding my warranty?
2. Can I use this method to install 4.1.2 which may have no lagging issues.?


Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!
12th March 2013, 01:35 PM |#6  
Woody's Avatar
Moderator Committee / Spaceballs: The Title
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 16,637
 
More
Thread Moved to General.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woody Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 01:41 PM |#7  
worf_1977's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Re: Galaxy S3 i9300 Unbrick [restore to stock rom] [noobs][easy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boy46

Please Help me this is important i had Galaxy s3 cyanogen mod 10.1 and i wanted to get back to stoke firmware i get to CWM and i did this:
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data
actually i format the phone to Zero i tried to flash stoke firmware with odin but it's not installing it get to NAND Write Start!!
and stop please help me !!!!

Make sure you don't attach the USB cable into a hub.

Sent from Hell thanks to Android

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit3880

Great simple procedure.. it seems as I never tried... I entered Android world recently..

Just wanted to know few things..

I bought S3 with ICS. upgraded to 4.1.2 but I feels some lagging after upgrade.

So questions are :

1. Can I get back to ICS without voiding my warranty?
2. Can I use this method to install 4.1.2 which may have no lagging issues.?


Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

Yes and no... You must reformat partitions and upload an ICS bootloader. Not for the regular user i'm afraid

Sent from Hell thanks to Android
The Following User Says Thank You to worf_1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift worf_1977 Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 06:18 PM |#8  
TechMasta's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 361
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit3880

Great simple procedure.. it seems as I never tried... I entered Android world recently..

Just wanted to know few things..

I bought S3 with ICS. upgraded to 4.1.2 but I feels some lagging after upgrade.

So questions are :

1. Can I get back to ICS without voiding my warranty?
2. Can I use this method to install 4.1.2 which may have no lagging issues.?


Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

Yup you can use this method to restore to ICS...

Download ICS Firmware - Click here

Now flash this firmware...

Hit Thanks if i helped
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TechMasta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechMasta Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 06:26 PM |#9  
TechMasta's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 361
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boy46

Please Help me this is important i had Galaxy s3 cyanogen mod 10.1 and i wanted to get back to stoke firmware i get to CWM and i did this:
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data
actually i format the phone to Zero i tried to flash stoke firmware with odin but it's not installing it get to NAND Write Start!!
and stop please help me !!!!

This normally happens when the partitions on the embedded multi media card gets corrupted for whatever reason, also known as the emmc.

The phone can be revived by flashing a pit file to repartition the emmc in order so it can be written to.

Download and unzip this file and you will have a .pit file which you put in the tab marked PIT in Odin

GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit = Galaxy S3 of 16 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120322.pit = Galaxy S3 of 32 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120329.pit = Galaxy S3 of 64 Gb

(Just google the one that you need and download it)

Next make sure > r partition, f /reset, and auto reboot are ticked in options in Odin.

Next put the stock rom in the tab marked PDA, if flashing a custom rom then flash a rooted kernel first in PDA together with the pit file, hit start and start the flashing process, afterwards this will also give you the option of flashing the rom from recovery, next, flash the custom rom from Odin or from recovery

When finished the phone should reboot and start up.

Hit the thanks button if i helped
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TechMasta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechMasta Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 07:27 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMasta

This normally happens when the partitions on the embedded multi media card gets corrupted for whatever reason, also known as the emmc.

The phone can be revived by flashing a pit file to repartition the emmc in order so it can be written to.

Download and unzip this file and you will have a .pit file which you put in the tab marked PIT in Odin

GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit = Galaxy S3 of 16 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120322.pit = Galaxy S3 of 32 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120329.pit = Galaxy S3 of 64 Gb

(Just google the one that you need and download it)

Next make sure > r partition, f /reset, and auto reboot are ticked in options in Odin.

Next put the stock rom in the tab marked PDA, if flashing a custom rom then flash a rooted kernel first in PDA together with the pit file, hit start and start the flashing process, afterwards this will also give you the option of flashing the rom from recovery, next, flash the custom rom from Odin or from recovery

When finished the phone should reboot and start up.

Hit the thanks button if i helped

Thanks my friend But it still have the same problem It's get to NAND Write Start!!! and on my s3 the blue line in download mod freeze i still can get to CWM i tried to install cyanogen mod rom Zip file but it's not booting please any Other ideas
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boy46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bad_boy46 Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 10:21 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,098
 
More
Re: Galaxy S3 i9300 Unbrick [restore to stock rom] [noobs][easy]
Enabling USB debugging is completely useless and a waste of time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes