[ROM][XXUGNA7][4.3][CWM] Sammy's Stock (Deodexed/Rooted/Zipaligned/Busyboxed/Init)

Search This thread

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
My deodexed releases aim to be as-pure-stock-as-possible, just with a magic touch of being ready for all community modifications, such as theming, debloating, customizing and so on.
You should consider them as an alternative to official pure stock. Especially because they're CWM-compatible, which means that you don't need Odin in order to be up-to-date.
Notice to all developers: Feel free to use my deodexed release as a "base" for your ROM. I'm doing the same with ArchiDroid.

Today we have:
Model: GT-I9300
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2454463
Build date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 04:49:01 +0000
Product Code: XSG
PDA: I9300XXUGNA7
CSC: I9300OJVGNA1
MODEM: I9300XXUGMK6

• Ultra zipped (1,15 GB into 750 MB)
  • Rooted (SuperSU 1.91)
  • Deodexed ([Bak]smali 2.0.3)
  • Zipaligned (R22.3)
  • Busybox (1.22.1)
    [*] ArchiDroid Init.d
    [*] ArchiDroid F2FS-friendly method of flashing

Standard CSC included, as per community request.

This release has been possible thanks to reworked JustArchi's Android Kitchen. Init.d is indepdendent, kernel bundled with ROM isn't modified in any way.

Nothing else has been made/changed. No apps removed. No KNOX. This is one-time release. You can use Rom Cleaner for fast debloat. This is the "base" for upcoming ArchiDroid 1.7.9, so if you're looking for something more advanced feel free to try my "monster" ;).

Modem comes in standalone package, rom itself does not change your modem by default.

Previous releases:
XXUGNA5
XWUGML4
XXUGML2
XXUGMK6
XXUGMJ9

This ROM uses new set_metadata permissions. Up-to-date recovery is required - initial support was added in CWM 6.0.4.4!

This ROM doesn't work with EFS V1, you need EFS V2 (XXEMG4+) modem to use it!
(Unless you're running modified custom kernel)

This is "No Wipe" ROM but I can't assure you that you won't run into problems without wiping. In case of issues - Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
This is a big rom, be patient during flahsing and booting.

Download: MEGA | Dev-Host
Standalone XXUGMK6 Modem: MEGA | Dev-Host
Standalone Kernel: MEGA | Dev-Host

Have fun, hit thanks if I deserve it :highfive:.

New version on SamMobile? STOP! Read first!
Notice about Sammy's Releases

Due to the fact that I'm getting excessive amount of PMs and other requests for releasing every available version on SamMobile, I'll now tell you how Samsung releases work.
The ONE and ONLY important thing for measuring whether release is old or new is the changelist.
Higher changelist number = Newer release

Changelist covers the PDA (ROM), the kernel, and probably also the modem, but I'm not sure due to the fact that I can't check it.

Sometimes you can notice that we're seeing newly-compiled ROMs with actually lower changelist than already released one. This is due to the fact that some carriers need time to prepare their releases, and they may start for example month ago, from month-old sources, and finish just now. These releases are absolutely pointless for us, therefore I won't waste any time on creating a release older than already available.

It REALLY doesn't matter if the ROM has been compiled month ago or yesterday, the thing which matters is the source, and the version of the source is directly connected with the changelist number.

Of course you don't need to agree with my opinion and you can stick with the ideology that CM 10.1 compiled yesterday is newer than CM11 from week ago, just please, find other developer or make your own release then, thank you.

Last edited:

JustArchi

Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Reactions: T0nyCr

T0nyCr

Sep 5, 2013
San Jose
There's my Polish and all others.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23869279/Temp/boot.img
Notice: Unmodified, stock kernel, no init.d (due to ArchiDroid Init.d in rom)
Really appreciate!!!

Just 2 few questions:

1) updater-script file ends in: package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");
with no installation step?

2) updater-script-MODEM with no mention in updater-script file and this file itself just have this unfinished line: package_extract_file("modem.bin",
with no destination folder and commit or quotes characters in line ( [$PATH]"); ) and not installation step?

This is fine or I downloaded wrong?

Last edited:

JustArchi

Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Really appreciate!!!

Just 2 few questions:

1) updater-script file ends in: package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");
with no installation step?

2) updater-script-MODEM with no mention in updater-script file and this file itself just have this unfinished line: package_extract_file("modem.bin",
with no destination folder and commit or quotes characters in line ( [$PATH]"); ) and not installation step?

This is fine or I downloaded wrong?

1. There's no need of instalation, update-binary automatically writes boot.img on proper block, in this case package_extract_file acts the same as write_raw_image.

2. This is a junk from my reworked kitchen :). Thanks for mentioning.

And yes zip is completely fine.

Reactions: T0nyCr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My deodexed releases aim to be as-pure-stock-as-possible, just with a magic touch of being ready for all community modifications, such as theming, debloating, customizing and so on.
    You should consider them as an alternative to official pure stock. Especially because they're CWM-compatible, which means that you don't need Odin in order to be up-to-date.
    Notice to all developers: Feel free to use my deodexed release as a "base" for your ROM. I'm doing the same with ArchiDroid.

Today we have:
    Model: GT-I9300
    Version: Android 4.3
    Changelist: 2454463
    Build date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 04:49:01 +0000
    Product Code: XSG
    PDA: I9300XXUGNA7
    CSC: I9300OJVGNA1
    MODEM: I9300XXUGMK6

• Ultra zipped (1,15 GB into 750 MB)
    • Rooted (SuperSU 1.91)
    • Deodexed ([Bak]smali 2.0.3)
    • Zipaligned (R22.3)
    • Busybox (1.22.1)
      [*] ArchiDroid Init.d
      [*] ArchiDroid F2FS-friendly method of flashing

Standard CSC included, as per community request.

This release has been possible thanks to reworked JustArchi's Android Kitchen. Init.d is indepdendent, kernel bundled with ROM isn't modified in any way.

Nothing else has been made/changed. No apps removed. No KNOX. This is one-time release. You can use Rom Cleaner for fast debloat. This is the "base" for upcoming ArchiDroid 1.7.9, so if you're looking for something more advanced feel free to try my "monster" ;).

Modem comes in standalone package, rom itself does not change your modem by default.

Previous releases:
    XXUGNA5
    XWUGML4
    XXUGML2
    XXUGMK6
    XXUGMJ9

This ROM uses new set_metadata permissions. Up-to-date recovery is required - initial support was added in CWM 6.0.4.4!

This ROM doesn't work with EFS V1, you need EFS V2 (XXEMG4+) modem to use it!
    (Unless you're running modified custom kernel)

This is "No Wipe" ROM but I can't assure you that you won't run into problems without wiping. In case of issues - Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
    This is a big rom, be patient during flahsing and booting.

Download: MEGA | Dev-Host
    Standalone XXUGMK6 Modem: MEGA | Dev-Host
    Standalone Kernel: MEGA | Dev-Host

Have fun, hit thanks if I deserve it :highfive:.

Due to the fact that I'm getting excessive amount of PMs and other requests for releasing every available version on SamMobile, I'll now tell you how Samsung releases work.
    The ONE and ONLY important thing for measuring whether release is old or new is the changelist.

Changelist covers the PDA (ROM), the kernel, and probably also the modem, but I'm not sure due to the fact that I can't check it.

Sometimes you can notice that we're seeing newly-compiled ROMs with actually lower changelist than already released one. This is due to the fact that some carriers need time to prepare their releases, and they may start for example month ago, from month-old sources, and finish just now. These releases are absolutely pointless for us, therefore I won't waste any time on creating a release older than already available.

It REALLY doesn't matter if the ROM has been compiled month ago or yesterday, the thing which matters is the source, and the version of the source is directly connected with the changelist number.

Of course you don't need to agree with my opinion and you can stick with the ideology that CM 10.1 compiled yesterday is newer than CM11 from week ago, just please, find other developer or make your own release then, thank you.
    Hi,

A new version was released: I9300XXUGNA8,21.01.2014,2372379.
    I also read that 4.4 is on it's way to Galaxy S3.

Have a nice day!

LE: I just saw that the change log is lower than GNA7, so it's probably older than GNA7.

Yeah thank you for information but as you see changelog is lower so no need to spend time on this release :).

Also I'm looking forward to 4.4 release, or any new release to be honest. I'll try to make a deodexed version even the same day it's released :D.

Thanks you Archi. Waiting for Dev-Host, still uploading.

Up :).
    Are there the standard languages or just english and arabic ones?

There's my Polish and all others.

You're really machine!!!

Xnks, bro...

There's standalone link of kernel, please?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23869279/Temp/boot.img
    Notice: Unmodified, stock kernel, no init.d (due to ArchiDroid Init.d in rom)