Honor 9 Lite

SGSIII Drop test, Throw test, Fly off yo car test, its all here

1,320 posts
Thanks Meter: 739

By soraxd, Senior Member on 4th June 2012, 04:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Drop Drop Drop
drop it, throw it, let it fly off your car, its all here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soraxd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soraxd Ad-Free

4th June 2012, 04:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Worst testing procedure!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
4th June 2012, 05:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I disagree, I think the testing was good. You people may have to buy good cases!

Send from the Noteorious BIG 5.3" Bell Canada
4th June 2012, 05:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
must... not... drop... my... S3......
The Following User Says Thank You to bradputt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradputt Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 05:22 PM |#5  
Flag Under my bed...
Thanks Meter: 602

Donate to Me
More
I have the S3 and i can honestly say i am very disappointed.. I know glass breaks so get off my back.. But my Lg Optimus 3D fell from my ear and landed on concrete floor screen side down not a scratch on the screen. And it is not even Gorilla glass..

Even my brothers S2 fell a few times on our marble floor kitchen from the top of the fridge that is as tall as me.. And it's glass lived but the edge was a bit messed up.. But that was easy to fix another shell and it was fixed..

I do have a case and screen protector but this video has disappointed me in many ways...
4th June 2012, 05:22 PM |#6  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 21

More
It was good testing, I wanted to know if they still turned on afterwards and what those effects would have been. However they could do the same three tests later in the day and Apple could take the beating, it all depends on how your phone drops/lands. I don't put too much weight into these tests, cause if you drop a phone from 5ft and up on concrete its going to take damage whether it be external or internal.
4th June 2012, 05:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
It's terrible testing. The degree of damage all depends on how the phone hits the floor, rather than from what height it falls. This is shown nicely by the S3 which was fine after the kids chucked it up, but was smashed when in slid off the car.

To get meaningful results you would have to do many repeats, grade the damage and average it. Of course, no one has enough money to do countless repeats, which is why these tests are always bull.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1234568 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1234568 Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 05:49 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,460

Donate to Me
More
Ignore this video...

Remember that iphone is the most fragile device.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium
4th June 2012, 06:23 PM |#9  
Flag SG
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234568

It's terrible testing. The degree of damage all depends on how the phone hits the floor, rather than from what height it falls. This is shown nicely by the S3 which was fine after the kids chucked it up, but was smashed when in slid off the car.

To get meaningful results you would have to do many repeats, grade the damage and average it. Of course, no one has enough money to do countless repeats, which is why these tests are always bull.

Its not even a test. Its just square trade's marketing campaign.
The Following User Says Thank You to nf0rc3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nf0rc3r Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 06:55 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
You guys do realise this is from the same people who did the GS2 vs iP4 drop test video?
4th June 2012, 07:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
It's probably not fair to compare 2 products when the angle at which it falls can't be controlled. However, does anyone else get a sense that these new devices are more fragile than their previous iterations? It was like impossible to destroy my Vibrant (couldn't even brick it). I wonder if the increased size/weight is responsible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)