FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TIP][MOD][4.1][4.3] Automatically Send/Receive MMS on S3

1,028 posts
Thanks Meter: 390

By ICavalera, Senior Member on 11th February 2014, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hope that this help anyone around here, because some carriers already get it in automatic and others we don´t. so this is for those.

ONLY FOR SAMMY ROMS

This is my little contribution to you all... well i will try.

I use this code so that i receive the MMS automatically on my S3 without manually turning on the mobile data. Don´t know if with you is the same, but with me i need to turn it on.

So let´s begin:

With root explorer or other, go to /system/csc and edit the file with the name features.xml (on JB 4.1 Roms the file is others.xml)

Before the last two lines

Code:
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeature>
Write this code

Code:
<CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>true</CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>
At the end, it looks like this

Code:
<CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>true</CscFeature_RIL_ForceConnectMMS>
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeauture>
Then, just reboot the phone and you will send and receive MMS without turning on the mobile data it just do it automatically.

It works just fine to me, i use this mod every time and really hope to help you guys.

I learned this mod on a portuguese android forum: http://www.androidpt.com/index.php?/...ticamente-mms/
So i think the credits goes to that member.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICavalera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ICavalera Ad-Free

12th February 2014, 02:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Works fine. 100% approved

Sent from Samsung's third galaxy
The Following User Says Thank You to djpalix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djpalix Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 08:12 AM |#3  
Flag Hillywood
Thanks Meter: 303

More
You may need to add in your post that it won't in asop rom's like CM because we dont have a csc folder
The Following User Says Thank You to Darke5tShad0w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darke5tShad0w Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)