Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Have you experienced Unsual Permanant or partial freezes on you Galaxy S3 GT-I9300?

Yes, Permanant freezes.
588 Vote(s)
Yes, Partial (Sometimes) freezes.
794 Vote(s)
No,i don't experience any freezes.
171 Vote(s)
Yes, but due to mods i installed.
26 Vote(s)
Yes, but due to unknown reasons.
109 Vote(s)

**Ultimate Galaxy S3 Unusual Freezing Thread**

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 617
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2016, 04:46 PM |#1151  
Thanks Meter: 0

After some good years, freeze appears on my S3 i9300 with bootloop

Following advice of LKHN, i have restore my phone to stock rom, root it and install TWRP
I was able to start TWRP one time then everytime I freeze on TWRP splash screen and phone reboot.
If I let my phone start on stock rom, it freeze and reboot on the first screen where you have to choose language

I have buy a new battery but problem are still present

Do you have an idea ?
30th April 2017, 07:47 AM |#1152  
Flag Deoghar
Thanks Meter: 69
Donate to Me
i am using linage os 7.1.2 with twrp 3+, but freezing display, and heat too much, idk why?
21st May 2017, 06:30 PM |#1153  
Thanks Meter: 22
My S3 was freezing all time, I've tried different roms and all systems I've read online and nothing. After one year no use at all I've installed the rom 5 spanish one from Orange, the last one, and ALL PERFECT. Im so surprised, no freezes anymore for some months.
The Following User Says Thank You to tagore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tagore Ad-Free
23rd December 2017, 12:13 PM |#1154  
Thanks Meter: 264
Lightbulb S3 Black Screen Freezing Fix - Sudden Death Syndrome
Thank you @nhariamine for this thread and your post #1.

I suddenly got some daily black screen freezing problems more & more when running a custom NeatRomLite Samsung based 4.3 ROM on my S3 i9300 after years of using it without any problems & that's what got me to try the Official LineageOS 14.1 S3 i9300 ROM 5 weeks ago.

I also got some freezing problems after a messy first Lineage install so right after booting in a new clean LineageOS install I ran this sequence 4 times to try to fix the random freezing problem as recommended by several S3 users in this thread:
  1. Dummy file Generator > Internal memory > (keep file size default) Generate dummy files until Storage is full. The app may seem to freeze because of damaged memory blocks before reaching 100% full so wait 10 minutes and if it does not get unstock hit Cancel and run it again & it will get higher the next time you do it.
  2. Delete all the dummy files. Close the app.
  3. Run Trimmer (helps to restore NAND Chips performance, requires ROOT).
  4. Repeat both apps 4 times. (screenshots)
Read the 2 apps reviews by S3 users.

I also replaced my broken plastic power button jammed in the depress position & bought a new OEM USB cable as it was also freezing when charging. No more freezing since a couple of weeks 3 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dummy_File_Generator_01.png
Views:	136
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	4367967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dummy_File_Generator_02_Processing.png
Views:	138
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	4367968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dummy_File_Generator_03_Memory_Full.png
Views:	134
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	4367969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trimmer_NAND.png
Views:	124
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	4367970  
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 08:11 PM |#1155  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 4
This thread is mentioned in a 34C3 talk on the freezing issue. If you are interested in GS3 and eMMC hacking you will love this talk. Oran Avraham gives great history, explanations and hacking details on this problem.

Talk: 34C3 - eMMC hacking, or: how I fixed long-dead Galaxy S3 phones.

Original youtube link:

Improved audio link:
The Following User Says Thank You to greglarson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greglarson Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

freeze, freezing, lockup, sds, ultimate galaxy s3 unusual freezing thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread