FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Have you experienced Unsual Permanant or partial freezes on you Galaxy S3 GT-I9300?

Yes, Permanant freezes.

589 Vote(s)
34.61%
Yes, Partial (Sometimes) freezes.

803 Vote(s)
47.18%
No,i don't experience any freezes.

171 Vote(s)
10.05%
Yes, but due to mods i installed.

27 Vote(s)
1.59%
Yes, but due to unknown reasons.

112 Vote(s)
6.58%

**Ultimate Galaxy S3 Unusual Freezing Thread**

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 617

Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2013, 05:19 PM |#521  
Flag Sibiu
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Freezes?
These freezes occur on the stock rom to? Because i just want to buy an Galaxy S3 and don't want to throw money like that.

21st April 2013, 05:25 PM |#522  
Flag GT
Thanks Meter: 375

Donate to Me
More
it does on the oldest roms and only some models

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
21st April 2013, 05:32 PM |#523  
Flag Sibiu
Thanks Meter: 6

More
My girlfriend has the same problem and i think that she has stock rom 4.1.2.
Off topic: What should I buy S3 or Nexus 4?
Thanks for the fast replay.
22nd April 2013, 05:44 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikrh

You're supposed to let the the phone unfreeze by itself because it's when the sds fix is working.

Thanks. I already did that , and left my phone to freeze for about 20 mins , and still nothing happened. Got pissed off and got a custom ROM instead.
22nd April 2013, 10:39 PM |#525  
Flag Izegem

More
Thumbs up no more freezes
I installed EMC3 but still experienced freezes. After that I uninstalled the Facebook app. And Lo! No More Freezes since, and that's almost 4 days ago. None!

I hope others can confirm. I have a colleague with same symptoms on his S3, I'm waiting for his confirmation.
23rd April 2013, 05:49 AM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
galaxy s3 gt-9300i (blue)
well, I've having this freeze problem since this weekend, I have 4.2.1 and it was working fine since February, suddenly it started to freeze every 5 minutes, but I saw that it happened more often when I received a whatsapp message, I uninstalled and it's been working fine for an hour or so... I'll keep you updated...
25th April 2013, 07:10 AM |#527  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkatrax

well, I've having this freeze problem since this weekend, I have 4.2.1 and it was working fine since February, suddenly it started to freeze every 5 minutes, but I saw that it happened more often when I received a whatsapp message, I uninstalled and it's been working fine for an hour or so... I'll keep you updated...

The dreaded freezing started on my S3 last week and gradually got worse. I tried the DFG but this didnt make my phone freeze, Reading some of the other threads on here the comments about the media service, I decided to take out the SD card back it up, re-format it and then put the data back.

I have not had one single freeze since in the last 3 days.

Hope that helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deano_XEXEC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deano_XEXEC Ad-Free
25th April 2013, 09:17 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 419

More
I had 3 times freezing yesterday when installing rom true Aroma, I was choosing some options and apps in the menus then sudden it frose. Did pull battery out as it was the only option

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
25th April 2013, 04:02 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
S3 Problem
Guys,, My opinion don't loose time, i tried everything ,removed sdcard, disabled various apps and many other,, so..I reduced the interval of the freezing, however,it didn't make sense to me cause i am using the same apps so long time with no problem!

Finally today i went to service center, and my phone was right after "'format"so it was perfect, without any freezing issues, however, I received phone call from service center and my phone found with hardware problem and they will sent it to Central Samsung branch for a week to repair it, details from next week they said!

Note that I was hesitated to take it to service, cause I was so sure that it is application related problem as well it highly doubtful that the phone will freeze as long as it is staying at service center (Murphy Law)!

Probably main-board or something...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philip_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philip_1 Ad-Free
26th April 2013, 07:34 AM |#530  

More
After couple of weeks very often random reboots and constant freezing (even in safe mode) my phone half-died this night. I woke up in the night because of strange blinking in my room. It was my phone. Showing Samsung SIII 9300 text and black screen alternately. Only removing battery helps. I was in XELLA firmware and read from forums that this is causing problems for many people. Upgrading to newer did help them. Yesterday I noticed that my region XXEMC was available and had high hopes to get it today and get my phone back to normal but unfortunately phone decided otherwise.
26th April 2013, 09:18 AM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Galaxy S3 NO MORE Freezing
Thanks for the solution ... i was going mad, my galaxy would freeze suddenly without warning 10 times a day or more
the phone got to slow but i was able to install dummy file generator and trigger the freezes,
i think i only generated 48GB of dummy files and deleted it took me one night and in the next morning my phone was
lightning fast and didn't freeze till now (3 days)

So All my thanks to Rob's DFG trick Method, and continuo fixing our phones.

Kudos
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze, freezing, lockup, sds, ultimate galaxy s3 unusual freezing thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)