FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

 View Poll Results: Have you experienced Unsual Permanant or partial freezes on you Galaxy S3 GT-I9300?

Yes, Permanant freezes.
 
587 Vote(s)
34.86%
Yes, Partial (Sometimes) freezes.
 
791 Vote(s)
46.97%
No,i don't experience any freezes.
 
171 Vote(s)
10.15%
Yes, but due to mods i installed.
 
26 Vote(s)
1.54%
Yes, but due to unknown reasons.
 
109 Vote(s)
6.47%

**Ultimate Galaxy S3 Unusual Freezing Thread**

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 616
 
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2013, 06:09 PM |#541  
FDisk80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarlos

I just turn on the phone again.
Ok i will update to th XEMC3
but i am reading the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646610

sorry to be such a newbie. But i have never used odin.
the instructions say:

Instructions For Flashing Firmware:

Extract the firmware
Open the included Odin
Turn off your device
Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
Click PDA and select *.tar.md5
Then finally click START!

so i asume that i have to download the I9300XXEMC3 to my computer.
then download the odin provided in the post.
then connect my phone to the computer
and do the others instructions.

or, i should download odin and the firmware to my phone and do all directly into the phone?

again, sorry to be such a newbie.
and thanks for the answers.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

do i have to to the " changing CSC"
i have never have heard of this before.

(odin i have heard because i regulary read the forums, even i always stock on the stocks roms)

You download everything to your computer. No need to change CSC.
The Following User Says Thank You to FDisk80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FDisk80 Ad-Free
 
 
1st May 2013, 06:30 PM |#542  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok
thanks for the replys.
i am downloading the 2 files. i am also using kies to make a backup just in case.

thanks again!
2nd May 2013, 06:41 AM |#543  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Feedback on approach
Just to report in, had severe freezing problems all of a sudden two nights ago while installing some apps from google play store. was running on 4.1.2, build number was EMA something (Can't recall now, basically wasn't XXEMC2)... , unrooted, original set

Then tried to reboot & factory reset several times, still didn't help.

Finally found this solution, thanks very much to Rob2222. Initially tried DFG twice with multiple freezes for over two hours. Something didn't add up. Finally realized that I needed update firm ware to XXEMC2, and did DFG and now seems to be stable. Have done a collective 20 GB dummy file, so far hasn't frozen on me yet.

Hope this helps.
2nd May 2013, 07:08 AM |#544  
FDisk80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliantyj

Just to report in, had severe freezing problems all of a sudden two nights ago while installing some apps from google play store. was running on 4.1.2, build number was EMA something (Can't recall now, basically wasn't XXEMC2)... , unrooted, original set

Then tried to reboot & factory reset several times, still didn't help.

Finally found this solution, thanks very much to Rob2222. Initially tried DFG twice with multiple freezes for over two hours. Something didn't add up. Finally realized that I needed update firm ware to XXEMC2, and did DFG and now seems to be stable. Have done a collective 20 GB dummy file, so far hasn't frozen on me yet.

Hope this helps.

I don't understand why people insist updating to XXEMC2 when there is XXEMC3.

Edit: EMD2 was just released.
Code:
PDA: I9300XXEMD2
CSC: I9300XXEMD1
Modem: I9300XXEMC2
Changelist: 1071725
2nd May 2013, 07:16 AM |#545  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80

I don't understand why people insist updating to XXEMC2 when there is XXEMC3.

Edit: EMD2 was just released.
PDA: I9300XXEMD2
CSC: I9300XXEMD1
Modem: I9300XXEMC2
Changelist: 1071725

Well, I'm quite the noob, so I just followed the software update. And the latest version available in my region (SEA) is XXEMC2. XXEMC3 isn't available OTA, and though the link is available, am not too confident that I can do all the steps right, from rooting to flashing to etc etc etc...
2nd May 2013, 07:21 AM |#546  
FDisk80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliantyj

Well, I'm quite the noob, so I just followed the software update. And the latest version available in my region (SEA) is XXEMC2. XXEMC3 isn't available OTA, and though the link is available, am not too confident that I can do all the steps right, from rooting to flashing to etc etc etc...

You don't need to root to update your firmware. It's one click with odin.

Edit:
MD2 if anyone interested:
https://mega.co.nz/#!aMQVRDpb!B06QSX...ibYJL--ASPEOPw

Thanks to syamsoul for uploading.
2nd May 2013, 07:32 AM |#547  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80

You don't need to root to update your firmware. It's one click with odin.

Edit:
MD2 if anyone interested:


Thanks to syamsoul for uploading.


Thanks for the link.

Am a little concerned, I read on the ODIN 3.07 for S Galaxy 3 that it "may" increase ODIN flash count, hence may void warranty. I'm still on warranty, so may not be too keen to put it at risk nw. Unless I'm reading outdated info. If you have the link to the latest ODIN, that would be great!

Thanks FDisk80
2nd May 2013, 08:29 AM |#548  
FDisk80's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliantyj

Thanks for the link.

Am a little concerned, I read on the ODIN 3.07 for S Galaxy 3 that it "may" increase ODIN flash count, hence may void warranty. I'm still on warranty, so may not be too keen to put it at risk nw. Unless I'm reading outdated info. If you have the link to the latest ODIN, that would be great!

Thanks FDisk80

odin version got nothing to do with flash counter increase. If you worried about warranty don't mess around with it to much.
2nd May 2013, 08:26 PM |#549  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking
Guys had the same issue. Yesterday I installed Paranoid Android 3.15. Works perfectly fine and have been problem free for going on 24hrs.
I recommend you guys try this option.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1800268
2nd May 2013, 10:59 PM |#550  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Paranoid Android still has some freezing issues. Not half as frequent as the old stock ROM I was running b4 though. Plus I started seeing a random reboot once a day since yesterday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
3rd May 2013, 08:26 AM |#551  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurinet

This started about a month after I installed XXEMR2 in order to update the JKay Deluxe framework. It became unbearable and I decided to try something, these were the most logical steps for me to try first and it seems to have done it.
First I restored to the original firmware of my carrier, (4.0.4) even though I bought my phone unbranded, just to have the right settings of the network, you know, frequencies and whatever. Then you have two options, you can either log into the phone and do an OTA (over the air) update to 4.1.2 if it's available in your area/carrier, or you can flash a different firmware. I didn't trust XXEMR2 anymore so I flashed XXEMB5. It has now been 48 hours and no freezes, it seems to be back to normal, although I don't want to be too optimistic, I have my fair amount of experience with Samsung.

It's been a while since I did this, the phone works perfectly. SOLVED!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze, freezing, lockup, sds, ultimate galaxy s3 unusual freezing thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes