FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Have you experienced Unsual Permanant or partial freezes on you Galaxy S3 GT-I9300?

Yes, Permanant freezes.

589 Vote(s)
34.61%
Yes, Partial (Sometimes) freezes.

803 Vote(s)
47.18%
No,i don't experience any freezes.

171 Vote(s)
10.05%
Yes, but due to mods i installed.

27 Vote(s)
1.59%
Yes, but due to unknown reasons.

112 Vote(s)
6.58%

**Ultimate Galaxy S3 Unusual Freezing Thread**

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 617

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2013, 07:26 AM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurinet

This started about a month after I installed XXEMR2 in order to update the JKay Deluxe framework. It became unbearable and I decided to try something, these were the most logical steps for me to try first and it seems to have done it.
First I restored to the original firmware of my carrier, (4.0.4) even though I bought my phone unbranded, just to have the right settings of the network, you know, frequencies and whatever. Then you have two options, you can either log into the phone and do an OTA (over the air) update to 4.1.2 if it's available in your area/carrier, or you can flash a different firmware. I didn't trust XXEMR2 anymore so I flashed XXEMB5. It has now been 48 hours and no freezes, it seems to be back to normal, although I don't want to be too optimistic, I have my fair amount of experience with Samsung.

It's been a while since I did this, the phone works perfectly. SOLVED!

3rd May 2013, 01:42 PM |#552  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Only Freezes with 2 apps
This is my 1st post to be gentle!

I have the S3 I9300 and is totally stock
1 month ago my phone started to freeze and it was driving me nuts and did some searching and found this thread. (thankfully)

So I tried loads of tips from it
*reset to factory settings
*turned off the wifi thing
*clear cache programme
*deleted chrome (disabled it can’t delete it)
*Uninstalled chrome to phone

This has helped once done the above it doesn’t crash ACCEPT when I use my phone for tracking my cycling.

I use Mapmyride or google tracks ( I have tried both separately) and approx. 40 mins into my cycle my phone stops working and freezes, the blue light flashes on the front and that’s it.
The phone will come back on in approx. 15-20 mins…. But my logging stopps then started again (see this on the map) I can hold the side button down and then the phone restarts

Just thought I’d put this up if anyone else has this issue, annoying as I listen to music plus track my route home but I now don’t track it and just listen to music…. Annoying as I never had this issue, what changed ive no idea!

Wondering as it uses GPS is it something to do with that or is it something to do with it writing information to the disk?? Im not very technical either sorry ;-(
3rd May 2013, 02:57 PM |#553  

More
try delete facebook.
have you tried rob's method with the DFG(1st post).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
3rd May 2013, 03:06 PM |#554  

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-TS

try delete facebook.
have you tried rob's method with the DFG(1st post).

Sorry did delete facebook too forgot about that, i don't use facebook (probably the only person on the planet)

I'll check Rob's method too... but i don't wanna Jinx it as it's stable at the moment, untill i use those two apps....

but in for a penny in for a pound!
4th May 2013, 05:45 PM |#555  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
I tried DFG method on my S3, since it was frozing every single minute.
It seems to have some effect cause my phone stop the freezes for a day, but then it back to frozen again.

So the method has some kinda of effect, but it's not permanent.
I'll try to flash XXEMC2 on my phone today and see what happens. Also I bought Lagfix to try it too.

Fings crossed.

obs.: Sorry about my english. I'm from Brazil
4th May 2013, 06:15 PM |#556  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I had tried DFG method..i make full dummy..after that until now,my phone not freeze anymore..its already 3days! Great!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
5th May 2013, 08:07 AM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Samsung released and update, just installed it!Some people reporting that after installing no freezing anymore!
5th May 2013, 11:53 AM |#558  

More
freezing
Please could someone clarify what I need to do.

My phone has the build number - JZO54K.I9300XXELLA

I am running andoid 4.1.2 with the baseband version I9300BUELL1 and I have a 32gb micro SD installed.

My phone is freezing at least once a day and I only have minimal apps installed and I only really use the following:

Facebook
Google Chrome
Swiftkey
Whatsapp

I have tried a factory reset with no luck and I have read about SDS and using the Dummy File Generator. I believe my firmware has the SDS fix so it should not loop on boot however I am unsure what I should be doing with the DFG app.

I have backed up my phone on KIES and was planning to run the DFG. I don't really know what I am looking for in the app and what I should do, I read that it should be done at least until 16gb has been written (two times).

Could anyone point me in the write direction? Also will this void my Vodafone Warranty?

Cheers
5th May 2013, 12:01 PM |#559  
Flag Novalja
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Update to last stock firmware !
This will solve your problem.

5th May 2013, 12:03 PM |#560  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasada

Update to last stock firmware !
This will solve your problem.

Thanks for the quick response.

Where would I find that firmware and what code would it be? I thought the last version did not include the SDS fix which could potentially brick the phone.
5th May 2013, 12:07 PM |#561  
Flag Novalja
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Xda dev.../general/stock official firm../
Download and install with odin !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze, freezing, lockup, sds, ultimate galaxy s3 unusual freezing thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)