FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] [HOW TO] [FIX] MMS sending error on 5.1 to 7.1 AOSP and CM\LOS based roms

2,113 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,420

By DJ aliasz3d, Senior Member on 21st August 2015, 01:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2016, 10:21 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atexor

No problem. I'm still working on CM11

And for your question - yes. I saved every time and I tried different combinations with APNs. I hope on Marshmallow it will work (or works yet, I haven't time to check it).

I tried it with CM12 and RR. Great ROMs, but those MMS... :/

OK. If you get sick of KitKat and you do want to use a lollipop ROM with working MMS try 5.0 ROMs like cm 12.0 instead of 12.1, MMS works on 5.0 the problem only started occurring on 5.1. My giude only works for 50% of people for some reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ aliasz3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ aliasz3d Ad-Free

25th September 2016, 06:43 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just used this fix. I am also with Telstra. I had already tried using a single APN which fixed the 4G dropout issue however when going to the single APN I would delete the standalone MMS APN. Don't do that. Keep both APNs or else you still won't be able to send MMS.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fritly Ad-Free
25th September 2016, 06:47 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritly

I just used this fix. I am also with Telstra. I had already tried using a single APN which fixed the 4G dropout issue however when going to the single APN I would delete the standalone MMS APN. Don't do that. Keep both APNs or else you still won't be able to send MMS.

Thanks

I have to do this on every rom from 5.1x to 6x with telstra. could i ask you to thank my op just so people can see it works for some people
EDIT: thanks already done
25th September 2016, 10:23 AM |#14  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,104

More
@alias_z3d: Might this and the related conversations with @FLooDW be useful information for your very nice guide?
Please allow me to place a link to your guide in "my" how-to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
25th September 2016, 09:37 PM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

@alias_z3d: Might this and the related conversations with @FLooDW be useful information for your very nice guide?
Please allow me to place a link to your guide in "my" how-to.

Hi and thanks, i will add a link to your post that you mentioned to my OP later today with a mention to you for your info. Thanks for adding my guide to your "how to" thread i appreciate it i have thanked post 3 of it aswell.
EDIT: just to let you know my username has a space between _ and z. That way i'll know when you mention me
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ aliasz3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ aliasz3d Ad-Free
26th September 2016, 04:33 AM |#16  
Thread updated and amended with @noc.jfcbs 's info and added reasons why I came up with the guide by adding "a bit of background" section.
8th October 2016, 01:08 AM |#17  
@Wood Man changed from FLooDW to your new username in op
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ aliasz3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ aliasz3d Ad-Free
8th October 2016, 02:28 PM |#18  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias_ z3d

@Wood Man changed from FLooDW to your new username in op

Yeah, seems to become good habit or best practise. Alexander_the_Boss did, and FLooDW followed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
8th October 2016, 10:56 PM |#19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

Yeah, seems to become good habit or best practise. Alexander_the_Boss did, and FLooDW followed.

I also changed my name a while back
22nd November 2016, 09:51 PM |#20  
Updated thread title with Nougat support (tested and working on Beanstalk).
24th November 2016, 08:52 PM |#21  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winxuser

This is only for people who has troubles with mms.I have no such problems so I don't need to do this

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

@winxuser and others who might be on Optus (or reseller like me.. Vaya)... Could you post your active Internet and MMS APNs and baseband/modem that are working?!

I'm having this problem (or something similar) on MM RR 5.7.x as well as Nougat Beanstalk 7.1. with various modems and have almost given up trying to fix it..

Any advice you can give would be appreciated..

Apart from collapsing the APN's (which didn't work).. I've tried different modems and tried switching between auth none and auth PAP as the Optus guides all show PAP.

Recent modems tried are XXUFOI1, XXUFPE2 and now back on XXUENA2 (which seems more stable).

Thanks
erosco
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)